The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas East Coast Off Road Grenadier Specific Training Interest?

Are you interested in attending a Grenadier-specific off road training class?

• No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Yes, 1 day

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Yes, 2 day

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Yes, other (please post the specifics)

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

grenexplorer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
I’ll definitely be in for a Fall NC class…have plans during the April dates…and still no Grenadier. Supposed to be soon though!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Damn, I waited too long and when I went to book the Feb class it was sold out…
There's a single day class in March in NC, or come join the fun for the weekend in April!

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Actually I was able to get into the February course in the end. Emailed them and they were happy to oblige! I'd like to participate in a few training opportunities to really get comfortable using the Grenadier offroad with the family. So this won't be the only one we attend, fortunate to be relatively close to OEX in the Carolinas.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bumping this back up to the top....

For Mid Atlantic/South East folks, trying to fill up the April 6/7 weekend class with Grenadiers at the North Carolina location. Who knows, maybe if we can get enough people signed up we could convince the folks from Ineos US make the short-ish trek over!

All the info on the course can be found here!

Local time
Reaction score
I'm curious, what topics would be Gren specific?

Personally, I think using rock crawler winches on long pulls would be good. You'd need some extensions and all, but the stock winch sort of sets one up for rerigging under tension more often than usual. (how to shorten a line extension, etc) From reading many of the topics over the past year, it seems many new buyers aren't versed in winch/rigging and a little practice would be a big boost of confidence for using the truck as its intended.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm curious, what topics would be Gren specific?
Grenadier specific in the hope that the event/weekend is filled with Grenadier owners. This allows the teaching to be specific to the vehicle (specific strengths/weaknesses/considerations), as well as since the 2 day class involves camping for two nights, a great way for us owners to get together, tell stories, etc.

During the weekend Saturday is based on fundamentals (what used to be called 101, but updated and modified a bit), and then the Sunday focuses on virtually all aspects of recovery (traditional winching, kinetic rope, traction aids, jack'n'stack/cast, winching with a pulley for redirect or mechanical advantage, etc). The Sunday class has a substantial amount of hands on time for students to practice what they're taught and work through/figure out recoveries through live scenarios. A huge benefit of the 2 day style allows for the Saturday fundamentals to usually cover a bit more than a normal one day class as everyone's "drive home" is just a few minute jaunt across the property (students and instructors can camp on site)

Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier specific in the hope that the event/weekend is filled with Grenadier owners. This allows the teaching to be specific to the vehicle (specific strengths/weaknesses/considerations), as well as since the 2 day class involves camping for two nights, a great way for us owners to get together, tell stories, etc.

During the weekend Saturday is based on fundamentals (what used to be called 101, but updated and modified a bit), and then the Sunday focuses on virtually all aspects of recovery (traditional winching, kinetic rope, traction aids, jack'n'stack/cast, winching with a pulley for redirect or mechanical advantage, etc). The Sunday class has a substantial amount of hands on time for students to practice what they're taught and work through/figure out recoveries through live scenarios. A huge benefit of the 2 day style allows for the Saturday fundamentals to usually cover a bit more than a normal one day class as everyone's "drive home" is just a few minute jaunt across the property (students and instructors can camp on site)
Sounds great.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For the 2/3 Day events are pets welcome? /guessing no but thought I’d ask.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For the 2/3 Day events are pets welcome? /guessing no but thought I’d ask.
Generally speaking well behaved puppies are... DM coming your way momentarily

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bumping this back up to the top....

For Mid Atlantic/South East folks, trying to fill up the April 6/7 weekend class with Grenadiers at the North Carolina location. Who knows, maybe if we can get enough people signed up we could convince the folks from Ineos US make the short-ish trek over!

All the info on the course can be found here!
Very much interested in this type event - my April schedule is booked with other obligations (sigh) ... any idea when the Fall event is planned? Thanks! Is there another "Fundamentals" day planned?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very much interested in this type event - my April schedule is booked with other obligations (sigh) ... any idea when the Fall event is planned? Thanks! Is there another "Fundamentals" day planned?
Current Fundamentals classes in NC are: 3/9, 4/20, 7/13.... I'm moderately confident there should be a May and June date as well, but I can confirm for you

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Current Fundamentals classes in NC are: 3/9, 4/20, 7/13.... I'm moderately confident there should be a May and June date as well, but I can confirm for you
May or June or will need to wait till Fall which is fine. Thanks!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Shameless bump to this thread, there are still openings in the April weekend event! Again, it won't be all Grenadiers, but it will definitely be a good time.

To the three Grenadier owners signed up for tomorrow's Fundamentals class in North Carolina, I look forward to meeting you in the morning!

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Having just wrapped up our Saturday at OEX I have to say it was most informative. Some good ‘classroom time’ to teach you more about the systems in you Grenadier and why they’re built the way they are and the. Lots of practical exposure so you can put that new knowledge to good use.

The focused on teaching you to overcome most, if not all, of the obstacles without resorting to cheating with the diff lockers. By the end of the day we were running trails that I never would have considered safe or possible (in a good way).

I’d definitely recommend the training to anyone who wants to understand more about what their Gren can do and when and how to use the lockers. Already feel much better. An added plus is all of the instructors and support staff are absolutely wonderful. Looking forward to our next visit.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having just wrapped up our Saturday at OEX I have to say it was most informative. Some good ‘classroom time’ to teach you more about the systems in you Grenadier and why they’re built the way they are and the. Lots of practical exposure so you can put that new knowledge to good use.

The focused on teaching you to overcome most, if not all, of the obstacles without resorting to cheating with the diff lockers. By the end of the day we were running trails that I never would have considered safe or possible (in a good way).

I’d definitely recommend the training to anyone who wants to understand more about what their Gren can do and when and how to use the lockers. Already feel much better. An added plus is all of the instructors and support staff are absolutely wonderful. Looking forward to our next visit.
It was great to meet you yesterday and I'm glad it was informative, and most of all, fun (y)

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
Texas??? Anything planned in the Lone Star State?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Texas??? Anything planned in the Lone Star State?
OEX doesn't have a training property in TX, closest is Utah :) Or come take a trip of the East coast... we have trees, and hills that are a little bigger than TX Hill Country over here by the coast!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Everyone loves media right? Here are the trio of Grenadiers from last weekend going through the Tricky Ditch on the obstacle course. While everyone got to try (at least) the rear locker at some point, I'm pretty sure all of these were with just the center locked, and F/R unlocked IMG_9214.jpg
IMG_9224.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom