The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Screen on display in 'Off-Road' mode

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone who has the latest software update (****1946) confirm whether they have showing the small display showing wheel torque, diff locks, rpm etc. Hopefully I've explained this sufficiently you know what I'm talking about. Will try and take a picture on Saturday when using it off-road to explain further.

Just querying as I like that further screen (currently on ...1941) which is activated when 'off-roade mode' is selected from the overhead panel. Find it really handy viewing, especially on the diff situation. Some have said they no longer have it. If it's been wiped then it's another reason for me to hang on a bit longer for the update as apart from TPMS errors and a few others there's no rush.

Danke

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe this is no longer available with the later SW releases - it was missing on a demo vehicle at Goodwood and I was told it had been removed. My early delivery had it but is currently in for upgrade so will see if it has vanished or not when I get it back

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe this is no longer available with the later SW releases - it was missing on a demo vehicle at Goodwood and I was told it had been removed. My early delivery had it but is currently in for upgrade so will see if it has vanished or not when I get it back
What a pain if that is the case. Tks

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
I don't know what it means; can you or someone post that display?
Mine had 1946 update on deluvery.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 PM
Reaction score
I don't know what it means; can you or someone post that display?
Mine had 1946 update on deluvery.
I can’t post it as I missed taking a picture as long as it did exist.
It’s been a changed off-road display where you normally see the gear, speed and so on. It showed some graphic of the drive train with the power attached to the different parts (at least if I remember right)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the screen, but as I was in a standstill situation, there was no wheel torque:
20230914_114058.jpg

I will get the software update tomorrow and will miss it too, it was a nice feature. I don't understand Ineos. Bad behaviour, giving us something and removing it without any explanation. Same thing with the consumer output of the Smartpass.

Explanation is needed, perhaps we could understand and agree. As I already said in the past, we early buyers, therefore guinea 🐖 🐖 are not treated with due respect and recognition for our belief in the Grenadier.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the screen, but as I was in a standstill situation, there was no wheel torque:
View attachment 7830902

I will get the software update tomorrow and will miss it too, it was a nice feature. I don't understand Ineos. Bad behaviour, giving us something and removing it without any explanation. Same thing with the consumer output of the Smartpass.

Explanation is needed, perhaps we could understand and agree. As I already said in the past, we early buyers, therefore guinea 🐖 🐖 are not treated with due respect and recognition for our belief in the Grenadier.
It is really sad that is is gone….. I really liked it the last 15000 km. And regarding the respect topic, I agree as well Jean.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why dont we complain?????
we all should but I know how it will go:

us: why has the new software update removed a really useful drivetrain and wheel torque info screen in off-road mode? can we please have it back?

IA: thank you for your enquiry which we have passed to the relevant technical department.

3 weeks later.....

IA: we have now received an answer from the technical department relating to enquiry;
'the screen has been removed because of a software update'
please advise if we can be of any further assistance.

aaaaaargggghhhh make it stop

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
I find it interesting that you guys are just now losing this in xxxxx1946; the update that gave the US PTO2 trucks Carplay/android auto and improved the audio/HVAC that was pushed to them in March removed this screen (and altered the off road temps/pressure screen as well). One of the big reasons it was pushed was it enabled the full size speedometer in off-road mode vs the small one in @Jean Mercier 's photo above.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I know that there are (or have been?) two different screens for the whhels/tires: The one shown above in the Offroad:Temperature part, and, AFAIK, another one which showed/shows the torque in offroad mode.

Which of the two is said to have disappeared?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know that there are (or have been?) two different screens for the whhels/tires: The one shown above in the Offroad:Temperature part, and, AFAIK, another one which showed/shows the torque in offroad mode.

Which of the two is said to have disappeared?
The small one on the side of odometer. The off-road screen hasn’t changed.

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The part pictured below, has gone. Just tried all my locks, wading and offroad mode. As I understand, the torque info per wheel is not displayed. Or has the display moved somewhere else? at leas i did not noticed.

1698421228279.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The part pictured below, has gone. Just tried all my locks, wading and offroad mode. As I understand, the torque info per wheel is not displayed. Or has the display moved somewhere else? at leas i did not noticed.

View attachment 7830956
This whole screen has gone, the torque was not displayed because I was driving at 0 km/h, therefore 0 torque!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which screen are you talking about? In off-road mode, I can't find a display with torques. I got the Software-Version 1939. Thanks for your help.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which screen are you talking about? In off-road mode, I can't find a display with torques. I got the Software-Version 1939. Thanks for your help.
see minidok's above

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, @ECrider thks, but there are no wheel torques displayed, or have I overlooked something?
Aah I see what you mean. Each circle to each wheel has an indicator starting at bottom (6 o'clock) of the circle and lights up incrementally clockwise the more torque is applied. I will try and video for you on Friday when out in the fields.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Aah I see what you mean. Each circle to each wheel has an indicator starting at bottom (6 o'clock) of the circle and lights up incrementally clockwise the more torque is applied. I will try and video for you on Friday when out in the fields.
Ok, thank you very much. I appreciate your help. Will the torque also be displayed as a numerical value? I will take a closer look at this again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom