The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Off Road Screen Option

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
When I parked up my Grenadier on Thursday night I checked what the charging rate was and % of the battery charge
Come to use it today, the same screen was there, it was blank for all items, %, voltage, charge rate.
Is this a gremlin, has anyone come across this before.
The vehicle was built with the update software. 1946.
The only thing that happened between Thursday and now, is the man fitted a tracker. I was present when he did it when he connected 2 wires, a live, and an ignition live into the existing wiring loom.
Don't know whether to get him back before I approach the dealer

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
The question is: how did he connect the two wires?
And why the "ignition live"?
In my opinion it should be a "live", always, with own rechargeable battery.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The question is: how did he connect the two wires?
And why the "ignition live"?
In my opinion it should be a "live", always, with own rechargeable battery.
There is the permanently live, (3rd to earth), ignition live is, if the vehicle is moving (or ignition on) without the driver tag (or in this case a programmed mobile phone, ie mine or the wife's) then an alert is generated ( prevents cloned keys, or screwdrivers
The wires were soldered on "piggy back". That was my first thought he forgot to reconnect the original wire. But I'm sure the two original wires where not cut, but soldered on a scraped wire.
It alarms if the vehicle battery is low or cut.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I parked up my Grenadier on Thursday night I checked what the charging rate was and % of the battery charge
Come to use it today, the same screen was there, it was blank for all items, %, voltage, charge rate.
Is this a gremlin, has anyone come across this before.
The vehicle was built with the update software. 1946.
The only thing that happened between Thursday and now, is the man fitted a tracker. I was present when he did it when he connected 2 wires, a live, and an ignition live into the existing wiring loom.
Don't know whether to get him back before I approach the dealer
Sorted, tracker + ve ( not ignition + ve) removed from piggy back on a live under bonnet feed. Re attached direct onto battery. Intelligent battery sensor info now displayed in off road, electrical sub menu.

Back
Top Bottom