The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Gren failed to start

JamesDSA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if right section to post in but think it's electrical/software based perhaps.

Last night I had a problem starting my car.

I collected my car after warranty/recall work from agent in Kent yesterday afternoon. It had had some bolts re-torqued, secondary nuts put on the drop links, steering straightened and software update to version xxxx1946.

Drove to pub 20mins down the road, had a few beers, came out after a few hours, jumped in and the dreaded happened.

Starter motor turning over (not the deadmans solenoid click of not enough voltage). Horrible sound. Starter motor was clicking over and over but did not fire ip the engine. Gave this a go several times, same thing. Bugger and queue usual embarrassment in a pub car park that I have had when owned Land Rovers and they played up.

Got out, locked it up, waited for screen to turn off, opened it up, got in, started first time like normal. Got home, turned it on/off a few times. No problem.

So, never ever had a problem starting the car before and have had it since last September.

First trip back to an agent.

Battery was showing 92%.

On the electrical screen it was jumping around charging from 2v-25v a lot and discharging a bit. Lot more active than pre-software date.

Will log with agent but seems computer linked or maybe immobiliser, maybe software????

But the on/off reset something which I presume is not mechanical.

Thoughts on a postcard to:

It was bloody fine before you touched it

East Sussex
Diesel or petrol? There have been cases here in South Africa of the diesel doing the same - battery full, starter turning over at full power, but engine not firing. Fault (in our case and at least 1 other) lay with the diesel fuel / water separator under the car. Removing the sensor lead and draining it (nothing came out, so perhaps the fault lay in the sensor connection) before refitting the sensor solved the problem.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
Diesel or petrol? There have been cases here in South Africa of the diesel doing the same - battery full, starter turning over at full power, but engine not firing. Fault (in our case and at least 1 other) lay with the diesel fuel / water separator under the car. Removing the sensor lead and draining it (nothing came out, so perhaps the fault lay in the sensor connection) before refitting the sensor solved the problem.
Diesel. Interesting, where is this located under the car?

Back
Top Bottom