The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment Console software improvements – INEOS wish-list - add your own

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
Time to assist INEOS in making functional improvements to the Infotainment Firmware, based on real world use. Please add your own ideas.

NIGHT MENU
I would like to see a Night Menu Option, which minimises the Infotainment Console reflections in the rear windows at night.

First, the Menu Option should display at low illumination levels, without changing illumination levels in Settings. Once you choose another option it returns to the illumination levels you set.

Second, it only displays minimal information on the Infotainment Console to further minimise the rear window reflection.

In my case the reflection appears where headlights would appear when driving, partially obscuring the lights.

Currently, there is no safe way to change Infotainment Console illumination levels when driving. Plus I do not want to change from day to night levels and back again. Having a separate Menu choice fixes that.

TYRE PRESSURE MODES
On the TEMPERATURE MENU you should be able to set the tyre pressure mode depending on the car’s intended use. My suggestions would be:
  1. Highway Mode;
  2. Off road Mode (gravel, dirt, etc but not sand);
  3. Sand Mode;
  4. Towing.
The User should be able to set the low and high tyre pressure levels for each of the three pressures modes, based on tyre type and intended use.

TYRE PRESSURE ALERT BUGS
See this post. Please fix those bugs.

ALLOW ALERTS OVERRIDE
All Alerts should give the user an option to dismiss them. If you are remote it can be hours or days before you get help, being reminded every 60 seconds is mind numbing.

Dismissing the alert may mean an hourly reminder rather than every minute or so.

CLEAR ALERT
In addition to dismissing an Alert, you should have the option to Clear an Alert if it is no longer valid. For example, when you have a High Pressure Tyre Alert but the tyre is now below the Alert trigger threshold, but the Alert is still showing.

SUMMARY MENU
There is some useful information hidden deep in the menus like fuel economy, Ad Blue levels (Diesel model only), oil status, etc. I would like to see a MENU Option which summarises as much of this information on one screen, without fancy graphics, but perhaps a Table where you can look at in one place.

Even if this was only available when the car was stationary.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Fuel economy is easily accessible by toggling the indicator switch.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
Having had a bit of a think the following are some further suggestions.
  • Move the pathfinder file import/export from the settings menu to the pathfinder menu.
  • Implement DAB+ standard on the radio. It’s stated as present in the INEOS marketing materials and is Australian standard.
  • Use the Offroad Tile menu layout rather than menu list in other screens to get all options on one screen.
  • If continuing to use the menu list structure move the Trip info menu higher up the list in the Vehicle functions menu, so it’s visible when you enter the menu.
  • Flatten the menu structure to eliminate unnecessary tapping.
  • Home Screen. Have a more sensible commentary to replace the "Favourites No Phone Attached" one when phone is connected using car-play or android auto rather than blue tooth.

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Time to assist INEOS in making functional improvements to the Infotainment Firmware, based on real world use. Please add your own ideas.

NIGHT MENU
I would like to see a Night Menu Option, which minimises the Infotainment Console reflections in the rear windows at night.

First, the Menu Option should display at low illumination levels, without changing illumination levels in Settings. Once you choose another option it returns to the illumination levels you set.

Second, it only displays minimal information on the Infotainment Console to further minimise the rear window reflection.

In my case the reflection appears where headlights would appear when driving, partially obscuring the lights.

Currently, there is no safe way to change Infotainment Console illumination levels when driving. Plus I do not want to change from day to night levels and back again. Having a separate Menu choice fixes that.

TYRE PRESSURE MODES
On the TEMPERATURE MENU you should be able to set the tyre pressure mode depending on the car’s intended use. My suggestions would be:
  1. Highway Mode;
  2. Off road Mode (gravel, dirt, etc but not sand);
  3. Sand Mode.
The User should be able to set the low and high tyre pressure levels for each of the three pressures modes, based on tyre type and intended use.

TYRE PRESSURE ALERT BUGS
See this post. Please fix those bugs.

ALLOW ALERTS OVERRIDE
All Alerts should give the user an option to dismiss them. If you are remote it can be hours or days before you get help, being reminded every 60 seconds is mind numbing.

Dismissing the alert may mean an hourly reminder rather than every minute or so.

CLEAR ALERT
In addition to dismissing an Alert, you should have the option to Clear an Alert if it is no longer valid. For example, when you have a High Pressure Tyre Alert but the tyre is now below the Alert trigger threshold, but the Alert is still showing.

SUMMARY MENU
There is some useful information hidden deep in the menus like fuel economy, etc. I would like to see a MENU Option which summarises as much of this information on one screen, without fancy graphics, but perhaps a Table where you can look at in one place.

Even if this was only available when the car was stationary.
Thanks Michael

I do like your Clear Alert and Summary Menu ideas so give the an x2 as well.

Cheers
Steve

Skiprat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
1) How about a user selectable 'permanent' sidebar on one side or other of the screen - only needs to be 1cm wide - into which the user can add shortcut 'buttons' for functions of their choice - such as screen brightness, fuel economy, trip computer, audio settings, etc. Saves having to go through multiple menus while you're supposed to be keeping your eyes on the road..
2) Sort the bloody DAB radio out! - Why are the stations seemingly arranged in a completely random order? Make it alphabetical or something- and maybe in a list - and increase the number of stations that you can save. 25 year old cars have the capacity to store 3 or 4 times as many stations. When trying to 'scroll' through the stations with the transmission tunnel mounted 'whirly-wheel' is almost impossible. it seems to overshoot or revert to the previous station randomly.
Edit: - Almost forgot, don't switch the audio off as soon as the door is opened..

Last edited:

baders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think they should add the line;

"Yeah, we're goin' to the Roadhouse, gonna have a real, a good time".

Seriously. Fix up the song/track detection and menus.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
CHOOSE YOUR OWN HOME SCREEN
Be able to choose your own Home Screen in settings. I would prefer Temperatures to be my default screen.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
USER SELECTED ROTATING SCREENS
I would also like to be able to set rotating screens, say 5 minutes on TEMPERATURES and then 5 minutes on ELECTRICAL (again and again). It can be useful when on a long drive to monitor the various functions of the car.

The user gets to select which screens and how long they display for.

Rotating screens is a choice, you can have static screens if you wish. It is about user choice.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
INFORMATIVE ALERTS
If there is a Power Socket Shutdown Alert on the Infotainment Unit, INEOS please have the Alert tell you which circuit it concerns, to stop this.

PowerAlert.jpg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ABILITY TO TRANSFER DATA TO AGENT OR INEOS
@Max suggested "What I would like is to be able to use my phone or some other plug-in device to transfer data to my Agent remotely."

+1

Even better if the Infotainment unit and the OBD2 port can do this.

Last edited:

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Slower reaction to sensor inputs. To avoid warning sounds when hitting potholes. Caused by the rear door sensor. Or when you put something on an empty seat. Like a laptop or a small bag that triggers the seat sensor for a second.

Back
Top Bottom