The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INFOTAINMENT CONSOLE ERROR: high tyre pressure alert (bugs)

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
AU Spec car with latest Australian firmware ending in 1946.

The high tyre pressure alert on the INEOS triggers at 42 PSI (I set my tyre pressure to PSI). There are bugs in the software because:
  1. if any additional tyre goes to 42 PSI it does not display a high pressure alert for those tyres, only the first tyre is shown. So you can have 3 tyres at 42 PSI and one is highlighted in amber (the alert) and the other 2 in white (meaning they are OK) – BUG 1;
  2. if the alert is triggered by a tyre at 42 PSI, the alert will not go away if the tyre goes down to 41 PSI, 40 PSI or 39 PSI (I adjusted the tyres down to 39 PSI while stopped and the error remained). If the pressure drops below the trigger point, the alert should cease to display clear - BUG 2.
I have had this tyre alert twice and the only way to clear it, that I have found, is turn off the car overnight and drive it the next day. In the first minute or so the error clears with the tyres being back at cold temperatures. An hour stop did not clear it, even though the tyres had dropped below 42 PSI.

Stop the non-stop alert reminders - it distracts the driver
Once the High Tyre Pressure Alert is triggered it displays every minute or so and there is no way to dismiss it. So I had the tyre alert flashing me every minute for about 5 hours, obscuring other information I wanted to see on the screen - BUG 3. The alert is even more annoying at night, because you see the colour change on the screen all the time, less so in the daylight.

Allow driver to dismiss the alert
The driver should be able to dismiss any alert (it should be an on screen option), alerts are a driver's aid after-all and not being able to dismiss it turns it into a driver’s distraction. I could not dismiss the “cannot see the tyre sensors alert” either and I could do nothing to fix that. But I was still was hounded for 2 hours on that alert – BUG 4, INEOS please allow the driver to dismiss all alerts instead of being hounded for hours non stop.

Last edited:

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Just recently had this same thing happen on mine. As it was a cool day, it concerned me how often will I see this during a hot summer day during a long road trip. You are exactly correct also on the length of time to get it to reset. I drove over 200 miles with it, despite stopping for an extended period of time and letting air out of the tire. But the next morning, it was fine.

Back
Top Bottom