The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Reverse Camera in Off-road Mode

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
Interested in your thoughts as to why the reversing camera is not available in off-road mode.

A couple of times now I have had to disengage off-road mode so I could view the camera.

Do you think it’s a software issue that needs changing, or is there something I'm not considering?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:50 AM
Reaction score
Interested in your thoughts as to why the reversing camera is not available in off-road mode.

A couple of times now I have had to disengage off-road mode so I could view the camera.

Do you think it’s a software issue that needs changing, or is there something I'm not considering?
There should be a setting to enable it in off-road mode, it defaults to off for those times off road where you a frequently going between drive/reverse and not needing to look behind you when doing it (such as rocking the vehicle)

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
There should be a setting to enable it in off-road mode, it defaults to off for those times off road where you a frequently going between drive/reverse and not needing to look behind you when doing it (such as rocking the vehicle)

I don’t see a downside of the camera going on and off during a rocking manoeuvre, but there definitely is a downside in not being able to see directly behind you when reversing off road.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My reversing camera operates in high/ low range and stays on until I tap either
the "exit" or "camera off" command boxes on the screen...

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My reversing camera operates in high/ low range and stays on until I tap either
the "exit" or "camera off" command boxes on the screen...

Yes, but have you engaged Off-road Mode?

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
Hey, I don't know if that is still an issue, but I found out that you can re-activate the camera in off road mode if you re-activate the PDC after turning on the off-road mode. Camera stays on, even if you switch off PDC again afterwards. (at least that is the situation before my expected software update)

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hey, I don't know if that is still an issue, but I found out that you can re-activate the camera in off road mode if you re-activate the PDC after turning on the off-road mode. Camera stays on, even if you switch off PDC again afterwards. (at least that is the situation before my expected software update)
Another way that works when you're in Offroad mode …

You can tap the 3 bars in the top right of an Offroad screen and you'll see the option to turn the camera on. It stays on till you turn it off.

FullSizeRender.jpegFullSizeRender.jpeg

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another way that works when you're in Offroad mode …

You can tap the 3 bars in the top right of an Offroad screen and you'll see the option to turn the camera on. It stays on till you turn it off.

View attachment 7841155View attachment 7841156
Had the whole software upgrade yesterday. This rear view camera option within the off-road temperatures submenu is no longer an option for me. My head unit software was previously upgraded to 1946 and remains at that So it appears that the ECU update may have eliminated this option (although I didn’t check whether I had it before the update). have you had the latest overall software update?

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Had the whole software upgrade yesterday. This rear view camera option within the off-road temperatures submenu is no longer an option for me. My head unit software was previously upgraded to 1946 and remains at that So it appears that the ECU update may have eliminated this option (although I didn’t check whether I had it before the update). have you had the latest overall software update?
I’m not exactly sure which update I’ve received. Note that the submenu only appears on the off-road screens when off-road mode is active.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not exactly sure which update I’ve received. Note that the submenu only appears on the off-road screens when off-road mode is active.
Thanks Michael. You are so right. I did not realise that Off Road mode had to be engaged before the camera option appeared on the screen. Have just tried this out with Off Road mode engaged and the screen menu changes. This is good news

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That’s what I’ve got, but isn’t that just the head unit software. I’m not sure whether I’ve had my ECUs updated.
You'd have to speak with your service guy directly I imagine.
I'm certainly deficient in the ECU update dept!

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You'd have to speak with your service guy directly I imagine.
I'm certainly deficient in the ECU update dept!
I think that Michael is correct - the software version number refers to the head unit software. I had the head unit software upgraded some time ago without upgrading the ECU's. Its version was ***1946. Yesterday I had the ECU update and the head unit version remained as 1946. My take on this is that the head unit and ECU updates are independent of each other.

j3t3r

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:50 AM
Reaction score
What does PDC mean here?

Back
Top Bottom