The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

nicknames?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
Ours is called Liberty after the Liberty Cap mushroom 😍View attachment 7811175
This common Autumn mushroom has been illegal to pick, prepare, eat or sell since 2005 as they are now considered a class A drug. Liberty Caps contain the active ingredients psilocybin and psilocin, which can cause hallucinations and in some cases, nausea or vomiting.

Good job the authorities don't know that beer can sometimes have similar effects.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
Ours is called Liberty after the Liberty Cap mushroom 😍View attachment 7811175
This common Autumn mushroom has been illegal to pick, prepare, eat or sell since 2005 as they are now considered a class A drug. Liberty Caps contain the active ingredients psilocybin and psilocin, which can cause hallucinations and in some cases, nausea or vomiting.
It turned up mate - nice!!! When’s delivery day?

Sorry if the details are on another post.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is Izzi (the INEOS). Also have Suzi (the Suzuki Jimny) and Wilma (1942 Ford GPW). In the past I’ve had a succession of vehicles called Landy and Rangy - no need to explain what make they were🤣
I like to keep it simple on the naming front🤣

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It turned up mate - nice!!! When’s delivery day?

Sorry if the details are on another post.
All being well we collect the middle of next week. The agents Harwoods are working herd to get it to us ASAP. super exited. Need to take to a quarry like @Ingemar to try it out. 😎

Magical Mystery Tours

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
We thought about it for a long time. And the longer we have to wait for our Grenadier, the stranger the ideas became. We went through animal names, country names, comic book characters, war heroes. And Oxford and Cambridge were already the protagonists of another story. In the end, we got stuck in the category of adventurers and explorers.

Captain Cook was on the agenda, but since it's not a boat or a ship, we dropped the sailors for the time being. David Livingstone and Henry Morton Stanley came into focus, the one in search of the sources of the Nile, the other in search of the man who sought the source of the Nile. We put them back into history. And because the delivery date of our Grenadier was receding further and further into the distance, like an unexplored island in the middle of the ocean, we were back at sea. We remembered the name of a French circumnavigator, the first French circumnavigator: Louis Antoine de Bougainville.

However, our Grenadier is still not a boat, ship or aircraft carrier and the name Louis Antoine de Bougainville is so long that we need a complete vehicle length for it. So we agreed - it was already late in the evening - to call him Bougainville Overland, to make it clear that we would not be travelling by boat, ship or aircraft carrier - and certainly not by submarine. But - we found - Bougainville Overland is also quite long and so we found the solution: Officially he will be called Bougainville Overland, but we will call him Bougy Overland.

Admittedly, this now sounds like the song Boogie Wonderland by Earth, Wind and Fire from 1979, but it seemed fitting to us because we want to be out and about on the earth, let the wind blow away around our noses and certainly want to visit volcanoes (fire). A few shots and beers later, it was decided: Our Grendier will be called Bougy Overland. We will let him know when he is finally here... If he wishes, close friends may call him Bougy, succinctly but affectionately. :cool:

Bougy.jpg

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We thought about it for a long time. And the longer we have to wait for our Grenadier, the stranger the ideas became. We went through animal names, country names, comic book characters, war heroes. And Oxford and Cambridge were already the protagonists of another story. In the end, we got stuck in the category of adventurers and explorers.

Captain Cook was on the agenda, but since it's not a boat or a ship, we dropped the sailors for the time being. David Livingstone and Henry Morton Stanley came into focus, the one in search of the sources of the Nile, the other in search of the man who sought the source of the Nile. We put them back into history. And because the delivery date of our Grenadier was receding further and further into the distance, like an unexplored island in the middle of the ocean, we were back at sea. We remembered the name of a French circumnavigator, the first French circumnavigator: Louis Antoine de Bougainville.

However, our Grenadier is still not a boat, ship or aircraft carrier and the name Louis Antoine de Bougainville is so long that we need a complete vehicle length for it. So we agreed - it was already late in the evening - to call him Bougainville Overland, to make it clear that we would not be travelling by boat, ship or aircraft carrier - and certainly not by submarine. But - we found - Bougainville Overland is also quite long and so we found the solution: Officially he will be called Bougainville Overland, but we will call him Bougy Overland.

Admittedly, this now sounds like the song Boogie Wonderland by Earth, Wind and Fire from 1979, but it seemed fitting to us because we want to be out and about on the earth, let the wind blow away around our noses and certainly want to visit volcanoes (fire). A few shots and beers later, it was decided: Our Grendier will be called Bougy Overland. We will let him know when he is finally here... If he wishes, close friends may call him Bougy, succinctly but affectionately. :cool:

View attachment 7811248
And I thought I overthought things. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I hope Bougy arrives soon.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have gone with "The Beast" but my wife tells me I am not to get one of those wanky personalised plates.
Mine being SW it could well be the "Milky Bar Kid". (reference to a TV commercial about a chocolate bar a few decades ago for anyone who doesn't know) But I don't normally call my 4wds anything except something mundane like the cruiser, the bus or the truck.

A mate six months ago reckoned the IG looked like a tractor, and I admit that has some carriage to it. So it may well get called the Tractor from time to time.

Magical Mystery Tours

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
I have gone with "The Beast" but my wife tells me I am not to get one of those wanky personalised plates.
I reached even deeper into the nostalgia box. Maybe it will stay on the shelf, maybe I will still screw it on. Let's see when my wife will stop me. 😂

hue.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
I'm sure others have/will call their truck IGGY but that's going to be my choice. I find myself typing IG instead of Ineos Grenadier so IG becomes IGGY.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am sticking with "ROCKY", don't touch me!

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:09 PM
Reaction score
I'm sure others have/will call their truck IGGY but that's going to be my choice. I find myself typing IG instead of Ineos Grenadier so IG becomes IGGY.
One of my choices too!

• Love
Reactions: PBD

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
well now its arrived Its gone from being called "Late" to its actual name "Agent Orange"

I'm guessing :unsure: some will get and some not..... 🚙

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Our car nicknames are always based on the number plate (Rolly, Charlie, Hugo etc). It is the job of OC domestic operations to assign the callsign.

Ghempo

Global Grenadier
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
Grendel anyone?

Can’t believe that hasn’t been mentioned yet, or I totally missed it!

I agree with those comments on waiting to name them it after having driven some miles.

I’ll share some of my family car names anyway…

Current stable:
Iliad - 2020 Honda Odyssey, with updated badge to match
Morpheus - 2006 Toyota Matrix
Marlena - 1994 Porsche 911 C4, widebody

Past rides/family cars:
Cedric - 1998 LR Disco I
Traveler - 1993 Ford Aerostar
Ghempo - 1989 Ford Tempo GL
Figaro - 1976 Fiat 127
Marengo - 1973 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, Zambezi Green

Back
Top Bottom