The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New software is now out 11th Sept 2023 (SW0000000364001946)

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
So Just having a chat with the Agent and they have the new software, they are loading it on there demo car right now and hope to start loading customers cars in the next day or 2, It apparently takes 1.5 hours to load, that seems crazy.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score
So Just having a chat with the Agent and they have the new software, they are loading it on there demo car right now and hope to start loading customers cars in the next day or 2, It apparently takes 1.5 hours to load, that seems crazy.
It’s a long time, but I suspect the computers are not high powered and it probably involves firmware and software. It used to take a good hour to load new nav software from a DVD onto my F-Type Jag so maybe not so surprising.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
1.5 hours seems quite quick vs other vehicles. PSA when last visited dealer with 2022 C4 car was 5 hours if it works, which it didn’t. Car is in for four days next time for a complete re-load of all software.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So my agent was correct when he told me on 1 September that software was coming within 2 weeks - the INEOS communication process seems to be improving.

I have contact my agent already and will include the short list of other issues to resolve all in one day.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very inappropriate and disappointing comment.

I am all for off color humor and think the world is way too politically correct but this goes way beyond.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Overreaction in my view. How many innocents perish every day to bombs/bullets/mines made by various worldly powers. Not saying said referred comment is poor taste (although I do not care about that said), but lots of bad things happen every day and most here would be pretty happy (and actively do) to turn a blind eye to what is going on around the world, so long as they have steak on the table, fuel in their expensive cars, new iPhones, big OLEDs, coffee from the local club and roof over their heads - what is the problem again?

As for software that is good news - the one thing concerning me is the sheer amount of electrical noise making this vehicle generates when new - with sleeping bubs it might get me in to trouble with the wife!!!

TerryS

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
Overreaction in my view. How many innocents perish every day to bombs/bullets/mines made by various worldly powers. Not saying said referred comment is poor taste (although I do not care about that said), but lots of bad things happen every day and most here would be pretty happy (and actively do) to turn a blind eye to what is going on around the world, so long as they have steak on the table, fuel in their expensive cars, new iPhones, big OLEDs, coffee from the local club and roof over their heads - what is the problem again?

As for software that is good news - the one thing concerning me is the sheer amount of electrical noise making this vehicle generates when new - with sleeping bubs it might get me in to trouble with the wife!!!

Some of us in the USA lost friends and colleagues in 9/11. And to make the comment on 9/11 is very poor taste.

Whataboutism is not a valid defense.

It would have been nice if Dave apologized vs just quietly deleting his original post so he obviously knows he was wrong.

But I suggest we drop it, everyone makes mistakes and this is an excellent forum.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am away for a few days so will be checking when i can get it done next week, although they did say undelivered cars will be after the demo cars are confirmed as working!! I don't want to be first, I don't want a bricked car!!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:04 PM
Reaction score
Demo - Undelivered - Vehicles in for maintenance and or repair - The rest as and when is convenient

if I was to anticipate an order of implementation...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'd love a software update, as it's been a week since my fully paid for Grenadier has defied all the Australian IT boffins, precluding the delivery promised that week ago.
Can someone point me to the customer satisfaction survey form?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd love a software update, as it's been a week since my fully paid for Grenadier has defied all the Australian IT boffins, precluding the delivery promised that week ago.
Can someone point me to the customer satisfaction survey form?
Curious to know if your agent knows what's going on - when it's coming, what it is and who's doing it.

Can a suitable technician of the agent do the update or are INEOS locals swarming over the countryside?

BTW - I reckon a nice red V would look great on MM

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if the vehicles now being delivered or about to be delivered are going to be patched before they are made ready for collection? I wouldn't mind being a guineapig for this version!

Back
Top Bottom