The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New software is now out 11th Sept 2023 (SW0000000364001946)

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Good news guys, we have just performed our first update to our demo vehicle, first update done via the diagnostic tool and second is the head unit update via USB. All worked well and complete, think I'll miss the lights and bongs though :ROFLMAO:

Please bear with your local Agent though as we will all have a lot of vehicles to work through.

Side note, when you're called in, remember to bring both keys with you as they both need programming to the vehicle.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
Good news guys, we have just performed our first update to our demo vehicle, first update done via the diagnostic tool and second is the head unit update via USB. All worked well and complete, think I'll miss the lights and bongs though :ROFLMAO:

Please bear with your local Agent though as we will all have a lot of vehicles to work through.
Great to hear from you on this. Is there any mew functionality with it? Like for example reverse camera picture bigger on the screen? Or is it purely bug fixes for original functionality?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Great to hear from you on this. Is there any mew functionality with it? Like for example reverse camera picture bigger on the screen? Or is it purely bug fixes for original functionality?
Your fuel range and odometer has swapped places, rest is bug fixes I think.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Side note, when you're called in, remember to bring both keys with you as they both need programming to the vehicle.
well done Steve. any info what is the diagnostic tool. also the usb is the one in the cubby box? just cutious. tks

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your update about the update. :)

You should have recorded the acoustic messages on a USB stick, like me. I can listen to them whenever I need to.
It was just a joke. ;)

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
well done Steve. any info what is the diagnostic tool. also the usb is the one in the cubby box? just cutious. tks
Diag tool we use is a Getac unit, the USB update for the head-unit is plugged into the USB port in the armrest. (y)

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
OK, thank you, I know from industrial machines and robots, where software is installed remote. And these machines are much more complex than a vehicle.
I know. But alone from a warranty perspective, I expect that Ineos would not allow us to do it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Curious to know if your agent knows what's going on - when it's coming, what it is and who's doing it.

Can a suitable technician of the agent do the update or are INEOS locals swarming over the countryside?

BTW - I reckon a nice red V would look great on MM
To be honest I've got no idea and nobody cares to tell me.
I might paste a large red nose on the dealer.

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Slightly disappointing, but the priority is fixing the bugs, so hopefully they have nailed that then.
Agree. They must focus on the basics. Get things running without errors. New features should be added after all is fixed.

Unfortunately is is always tempting to work on fancy new stuff.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good news guys, we have just performed our first update to our demo vehicle, first update done via the diagnostic tool and second is the head unit update via USB.

So they they different updates? Does the first via the diagnostic tool sort out all the bugs & the second to the head unit via USB just swap the positions of the odo and range?

Are there any release notes, and if so are you able to share them?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve, the photo is quite revealing: With a supposed 224 mile range remaining, (360km) either the fuel gauge reading or the remaining range are out of sync. The 3/4 full reading...I'm guessing, should actually be showing a bit less than half full.... or the remaining range ought be higher...
Thoughts?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve, the photo is quite revealing: With a supposed 224 mile range remaining, (360km) either the fuel gauge reading or the remaining range are out of sync. The 3/4 full reading...I'm guessing, should actually be showing a bit less than half full.... or the remaining range ought be higher...
Thoughts?
Our demo has a full length roof rack, KO2 tyres and never does any long runs really so it averages around 20mpg-21mpg. Round town driving and round the race course at Chester races so I wouldn't read into it to much.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
So they they different updates? Does the first via the diagnostic tool sort out all the bugs & the second to the head unit via USB just swap the positions of the odo and range?

Are there any release notes, and if so are you able to share them?
No notes to say what it's doing, just the items like PDC and so forth that it's updating. Exactly what the update in the head unit does I'm not 100% on but it will be more than just swapping the range round.

I know it's probably a placebo effect but it felt like a different car driving it home last night, in a good way. Smoother, lighter just an easier drive, as I say probably just in my head but others can tell for themselves when they get there's done.

Back
Top Bottom