The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New software is now out 11th Sept 2023 (SW0000000364001946)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
No notes to say what it's doing, just the items like PDC and so forth that it's updating. Exactly what the update in the head unit does I'm not 100% on but it will be more than just swapping the range round.

I know it's probably a placebo effect but it felt like a different car driving it home last night, in a good way. Smoother, lighter just an easier drive, as I say probably just in my head but others can tell for themselves when they get there's done.
You can tell if it's placebo or not when fuel consumption drops by 1/3. ;)

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
UPDATE
Ok all, I got my Trialmaster back late
yesterday (Wed 13 Sept) after 4 weeks with Ineos.
Multiple repairs, replacements, alterations and paint jobs, then finally mine is the first customer car anywhere to get the latest update:- SW0000000364001946.

The update has worked, not a single fault or warning to date, screen is slightly different and there are some additional things now available when you scroll through the settings.
The wheels and steering have been set up correctly now, there is very little "play" in the steering and the wheel is almost dead centre, perhaps 1 degree to right.
The car is a pleasure to drive and I only wish it had been delivered like this.
For Steve at Haliwells, I didn't send my spare key in with mine, but I have just tried it and it is fully functional.
To all the Ineos guys who have helped get my car sorted (I know you are watching!) a heart felt thanks.
Happy Trails All.:) 🖖

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can tell if it's placebo or not when fuel consumption drops by 1/3. ;)
I know you have your tongue firmly in your cheek, but this is something I've seen with on the likes of the new Defender forums. A software update changes a parameter that you were perfectly happy with. The one that sticks in my mind was the shift change strategy and someone complaining it changed the character of the vehicle.

Reactions: PBD

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know you have your tongue firmly in your cheek, but this is something I've seen with on the likes of the new Defender forums. A software update changes a parameter that you were perfectly happy with. The one that sticks in my mind was the shift change strategy and someone complaining it changed the character of the vehicle.
No question, I don't doubt that in any way. Far be it from me to ridicule the software update. On the contrary, I expect significant improvements. It was more the wishful thinking behind it.
I think we understand each other very well by now. ;)

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same with L405, you can/do lose useful functions with an update.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE
Multiple repairs, replacements, alterations and paint jobs, then finally mine is the first customer car anywhere to get the latest update:- SW0000000364001946.

The update has worked, not a single fault or warning to date, screen is slightly different and there are some additional things now available when you scroll through the settings.
The wheels and steering have been set up correctly now, there is very little "play" in the steering and the wheel is almost dead centre, perhaps 1 degree to right.
For Steve at Haliwells, I didn't send my spare key in with mine, but I have just tried it and it is fully functional.
To all the Ineos guys who have helped get my car sorted (I know you are watching!) a heart felt thanks.
Have you checked all functions of the key, lock and unlock??

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE

I am delighted to read this! I spoke to my agent yesterday and have booked the car in for it's snag list (much no doubt will be rectified with the software update) to be rectified as well as a run-in oil change - it will have done about 5500 miles by the mid October appointment date. Most annoyingly at the moment is an infrequent 'clunk' through the steering wheel when turning, which sounds like someone cracking their knuckles and is a bit annoying and the increasingly useless HVAC. Has anyone noticed that the heater is pretty much useless? The last few mornings have been chilly and without the seat heater i would have been cold even with it on max heat! That said, last weekend was over 30 degrees and the AC worked the best it ever has. Maybe the car is just confused with the erratic nature of British weather!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
I am delighted to read this! I spoke to my agent yesterday and have booked the car in for it's snag list (much no doubt will be rectified with the software update) to be rectified as well as a run-in oil change - it will have done about 5500 miles by the mid October appointment date. Most annoyingly at the moment is an infrequent 'clunk' through the steering wheel when turning, which sounds like someone cracking their knuckles and is a bit annoying and the increasingly useless HVAC. Has anyone noticed that the heater is pretty much useless? The last few mornings have been chilly and without the seat heater i would have been cold even with it on max heat! That said, last weekend was over 30 degrees and the AC worked the best it ever has. Maybe the car is just confused with the erratic nature of British weather!
Yes used the heater for the first time earlier this week and it really doesn’t do anything until you crank it all the way up, and even then it’s not much.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
Yes mate, works exactly the same as the one I use daily.
Sorry, but have to ask out of curiosity:
Any different behavior of AC/ventilation and radio (especially DAB)?
Thx

Reactions: PBD

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, but have to ask out of curiosity:
Any different behavior of AC/ventilation and radio (especially DAB)?
Thx
A/C now works fine, when checked it was only 50% full of gas, no leaks just nobody had checked it and filled it up.
Radio seems fine as does my iPhone 12, but I will experiment and report back.

Carefant

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dealer just emailed to say my Fieldmaster (undelivered) is “next” for the software update. He’d previously said their demo vehicle(s) would be done first. Haven’t yet dared to ask if it worked on those. I will give them a few days to ensure all is well before setting off to collect mine. My dealer-fit kit arrived this week too and that’s being fitted now, incl. side runners and roof bars.
Demo - Undelivered - Vehicles in for maintenance and or repair - The rest as and when is convenient

if I was to anticipate an order of implementation.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have the same crack or clunk with the steering wheel at low speeds . Seen by dealer nothing loose nothing out of place . They said they will have a deeper look into it once it goes back for the update .

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
some additional things now available when you scroll through the settings.
Could you explain whar additional things those are, please, if that is not too much to ask?

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have the same crack or clunk with the steering wheel at low speeds . Seen by dealer nothing loose nothing out of place . They said they will have a deeper look into it once it goes back for the update .
I’m hoping it is an easy one to find as I find it a bit annoying. It probably happens every 5th time the wheel passes 45 degrees either left or right of 12:00. It did not occur in the first 3000 miles, so something has changed.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is the update a chargeable service or is it free?
Got mine booked in for 26th of this month, but didn’t think of asking.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is the update a chargeable service or is it free?
Got mine booked in for 26th of this month, but didn’t think of asking.
Not expecting to be charged for any of the upgrades - is your agent Compass Bridgewater like mine ?
I havent been given a date yet - but then they are waiting for other replacement parts such as door seals. I am expecting all warranty stuff to be done in one hit.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am reliably informed that the software has not beeen able to be loaded on Australian delivered cars for some reason. Hopefully sorted quickly as mine is booked to get the Redarc brake controller in a couple of weeks and hopefully can get software at the same time

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am reliably informed that the software has not beeen able to be loaded on Australian delivered cars for some reason. Hopefully sorted quickly as mine is booked to get the Redarc brake controller in a couple of weeks and hopefully can get software at the same time
Dialog box: "would you like to install the update?"
Australian answer: "Yeh/Nah"

Back
Top Bottom