The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe My car has made it to Switzerland!!!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
Is the ladder mounted by the agent or - factory ?
I did order with ladder - in case I might order it later - and I got the impression this is something to be attached by the agent later. In case of agent / dealer mounted I would ask the agent NOT to mount it. but put it in the boot for later use just in case.
If the ladder is factory mounted - indeed I would attach a climb blocking device to the ladder. (However - I did not notice anything that would fit and not blocking sight to rear.
Are there any devices available for exactly this purpose.. - Only idea. ask a friend who could weld something like this.. or make it myself. - some stainless steel or hole plate and 2 hooks.. one welded the other with Nut & Bolt.. Torx or something that cannot be easy removed. I fear however anything like that need to be approved to be "road safe"..

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Deepblue What‘s the current status regarding your vehicle? Has the software issue been solved? When are you respecting taking possession of your vehicle?
Status unchanged - car waiting at the dealer and am without any further info. Following the forum closely and read in the other thread of potential software problem with brakeing lights…
Absolutely anxious yet feel nothing I or the dealer can do to expedite things.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
Status unchanged - car waiting at the dealer and am without any further info. Following the forum closely and read in the other thread of potential software problem with brakeing lights…
Absolutely anxious yet feel nothing I or the dealer can do to expedite things.
But which way round are the tyres 🤣
But seriously it seems hit and miss which way they put the white lettering

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But which way round are the tyres 🤣
But seriously it seems hit and miss which way they put the white lettering
🙂 as you see in my earlier picture for me white lettering is out and I’m happy. Saw different on other cars but to be honest I couldn’t care less. Way more important my config is ok and they’ve not missed the winch or safari windows.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
Have also thought of a custom frame mounted instead of ladder. To hold a mini gas bottle.
This also mounts to the tyre

Attachments

• KS0425.jpg
    KS0425.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 48

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last week an INEOS Australian rep thought that the BFG white letter was inside on 18in wheels and outside on 17in wheels.

Didn't say why

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There must be some logic to how it is done as the whole concept of an automated production line is to remove "random" from the process.

Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
Last week an INEOS Australian rep thought that the BFG white letter was inside on 18in wheels and outside on 17in wheels.

Didn't say why
They phoned me today to say that the vehicle will be delivered with white letters wether I like it or not dealer said it would be £100 to swap why on earth would I want white letters on the tire sidewalls.

CEMechanic

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Didn't say why
The configurator pictures show 18’’ BFGs without white lettering and the 17’’ BFGs with the white letters.
Not sure if this is the rule in production but it almost made me spend another 1000 Euros for the 18’’ steel wheels as find the white lettering rather tacky…. I will turn the tires on the rims and opted for 17’’ alloys instead.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They phoned me today to say that the vehicle will be delivered with white letters wether I like it or not dealer said it would be £100 to swap why on earth would I want white letters on the tire sidewalls.
I recommend then that after you take delivery you trip and spill your coffee on his carpet

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
The configurator pictures show 18’’ BFGs without white lettering and the 17’’ BFGs with the white letters.
Not sure if this is the rule in production but it almost made me spend another 1000 Euros for the 18’’ steel wheels as find the white lettering rather tacky…. I will turn the tires on the rims and opted for 17’’ alloys instead.
I am with you about the 17"...I think from the design point of view the white lettering could overshadow the 18" design features...the jury is still debating the Grenadier 'A' but bending towards it...happy motoring ;)

Attachments

• 17" alloy copy.jpg
    17" alloy copy.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 39

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On lettering, cars come with looks and features as designed by their product teams. Not everyone is going to like every aspect of that. That’s why the aftermarket is such a thriving industry and people spend big dollars modifying their cars both for aesthetic and practical reasons. As far as mods go paying a tyre shop to refit your tyres inside out is a very cheap and minor mod. If it bothers you pay $80 and have it done. In other dealer models your dealer might do it for free as a sales incentive but the INEOS model fixes their revenue and gives them no incentive to do it for free.

Back
Top Bottom