The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe My car has made it to Switzerland!!!

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
and by the way white letters outside it is for me. I'm happy with that.
I couldn't find a pattern on the many customer cars today.

Multiple white inside and others outside. Seemed not correlated to alloy or steel.

14.JPG

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
@Deepblue Woah. What a day! You know when you have the ball in your hand and your dog’s eyes are locked on and he’s quivering with excitement, just waiting for you to throw the damn ball? That we be if I were that close to my truck, with keys in hand.

How did you manage to pull yourself away?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
@Deepblue thanks for the time and effort in posting this, the Grenadiers look great. I'm sure you'll be happy with your specification when it finally goes home with you. It must be great finally seeing the finished product in the 'metal' so near to the finish line......

Congratulations buddy.

Stu.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier was at Hedin's opening of their showroom today. Great opportunity to see many finished customer cars in real!
Let me share some pictures. I was busy talking to people and absorbing all impressions - couldn't focus on photography that much.
Unfortunately missed @nickelnoff yet chatted with many other soon-to-be grenadier owner. I got the impression the grenadier customer crowd is down to earth and easy to get in touch with.
Was impressed how many cars are already on the spot. Maybe 50 or so - see pictures below.
The first customer cars have already been road registered but no handover yet.

After the opening speech I was able to exchange some words with the Ineos Automotive head of Europe. I was not the first to mention and he's fully aware how unfortunate the lack of proper communication is.
I got the impression Ineos is working at full speed to get the cars over the finish line, respective on the road.

Information on how long it will take until deliveries are possible was vague. Waiting for final software seems to be the main reason.
Personally I expect to get may grenadier during Feb or March. Yes I almost can't wait
Think I became aware of the grenadier in Feb 2021. Pre-order in Sep 2021. And order in May 2022. So a few more weeks are no game-changer. At least as I no longer have to rely on an estimated production date and no further info at all.

Good food and catering. Many thanks to Hedin for the event!
View attachment 7801993

Cars in different colors at display. Think shale blue was missing.

View attachment 7801994
View attachment 7801995

Yes - these are all finished customer cars.
In English: "Usually I'm not picky. You know that. But since I already belong to a happy customer, please do not touch."
I really liked they put them all on display. Very nice to see different configurations and be able to compare.

View attachment 7801996

View attachment 7801997

Big moment - these keys belong to MY grenadier!!

View attachment 7801998

Very pleased to see the customer cars are waiting sheltered.

View attachment 7802001

Many donny grey and black, some magic mushroom and white.
Seems green, blue and red are chosen less often.

View attachment 7802002

Felt like a game walking past the rows - pressing the key and waiting for one grenadier to wink at me...
And here he is.

View attachment 7802003

View attachment 7802004

Most cars are waiting for checks and assembly of parts like towing hitch etc.

View attachment 7802005

Interior quality is significantly better than in the prototypes. See example the doors inside.

View attachment 7802006

From the prototypes you might know the problem when rear doors are closed in wrong order. They've now added a small rubber piece that prevents damage.

View attachment 7802007
Wow, multiple customer cars at a dealer! Thats such a positive sign that we are moving forward. Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us👍

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier was at Hedin's opening of their showroom today. Great opportunity to see many finished customer cars in real!
Let me share some pictures. I was busy talking to people and absorbing all impressions - couldn't focus on photography that much.
Unfortunately missed @nickelnoff yet chatted with many other soon-to-be grenadier owner. I got the impression the grenadier customer crowd is down to earth and easy to get in touch with.
Was impressed how many cars are already on the spot. Maybe 50 or so - see pictures below.

After the opening speech I was able to exchange some words with the Ineos Automotive head of Europe. I was not the first to mention and he's fully aware how unfortunate the lack of proper communication is.
I got the impression Ineos is working at full speed to get the cars over the finish line, respective on the road.

Information on how long it will take until deliveries are possible was vague. Waiting for final software seems to be the main reason.
Personally I expect to get may grenadier during Feb or March. Yes I almost can't wait
Think I became aware of the grenadier in Feb 2021. Pre-order in Sep 2021. And order in May 2022. So a few more weeks are no game-changer. At least as I no longer have to rely on an estimated production date and no further info at all.

View attachment 7801993

View attachment 7801994
View attachment 7801995

In English: "Usually I'm not picky. You know that. But since I already belong to a happy customer, please do not touch."
I really liked they put them all on display. Very nice to see different configurations and be able to compare.

View attachment 7801996

View attachment 7801997

View attachment 7801998

View attachment 7802001

View attachment 7802002

Felt like a game walking past the rows - pressing the key and waiting for one grenadier to wink at me...
And here he is.

View attachment 7802003

View attachment 7802004

View attachment 7802005

Interior quality is significantly better than in the prototypes. See example the doors inside.

View attachment 7802006

From the prototypes you might know the problem when rear doors are closed in wrong order. They've now added a small rubber piece that prevents damage.
Interesting that there is a Ctek box in the back presumably waiting for installation, was under the impression that the auxiliary battery system was a factory install, not a dealer accessory.

Attachments

• 0419F130-2441-4B7C-A9C8-30F0DA31C25C.jpeg
    0419F130-2441-4B7C-A9C8-30F0DA31C25C.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 118

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
Well spotted! In that case it would be good to have the option to add in the D250SE whilst they are there doing it
Interesting that there is a Ctek box in the back presumably waiting for installation, was under the impression that the auxiliary battery system was a factory install, not a dealer accessory

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7801993

View attachment 7801994
View attachment 7801995

View attachment 7801996

View attachment 7801997

View attachment 7801998

View attachment 7802001

View attachment 7802002

And here he is.

View attachment 7802003

View attachment 7802004

View attachment 7802005

View attachment 7802006

View attachment 7802007
Many thanks for posting the pictures and for your comments. Seeing these new details is exciting, in particular the thought of getting a set of Grenny keys in my hands.. The waiting is frustrating but in these days of instant gratification, having to wait is not such a bad thing….

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
My son even managed to pair his iPhone to one of the show room models
Interesting. So it makes sense to reset the configuration to factory settings at delivery. I don't want anyone to be registered in my car and thus authorized.

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I say though @emax this was a show model not one to be sold to a customer. The customer models were not internally accessible.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's ok, but it can happen with any unattended car. A reset is anyway a good idea.

Great posting btw. (y)

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that there is a Ctek box in the back presumably waiting for installation, was under the impression that the auxiliary battery system was a factory install, not a dealer accessory.
Perhaps just keeping batteries trickle charging whilst they wait for customer handover?
Or is the CTEK box part of the auxiliary battery system?

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve ordered the locking wheel nuts but might change them when I get the IG, didn’t care for the look of them in the video.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve ordered the locking wheel nuts but might change them when I get the IG, didn’t care for the look of them in the video.
Yeah, I’d ordered them by mistake with the steel wheels on my config, now I’ve seen them on the video glad my dealer was able to delete them.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hm, they look indeed ugly. But they have a purpose so I will keep them.

It will probably get better if I paint the heads black or put some grease on the lock and then a black rubber cap over it.

Back
Top Bottom