The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe My car has made it to Switzerland!!!

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
Are you camping outside?

What is the lead time until you can take delivery and if not on the 28th why?

tks in advance

@ECrider you can be sure I’ll let the forum know once I have more infos about the delivery.
Right now statement was my car (and multiple others?) is at the dealer and can’t be delivered to customers because of some software topic.
My view the dealer’s approach to let customer at least see and touch the car is a nice gesture. Probably best he can do.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@ECrider you can be sure I’ll let the forum know once I have more infos about the delivery.
Right now statement was my car (and multiple others?) is at the dealer and can’t be delivered to customers because of some software topic.
My view the dealer’s approach to let customer at least see and touch the car is a nice gesture. Probably best he can do.
When my agent has several cars dumped that can't be delivered, he has to park them outside in the yard. The idea of my car sitting outside (where salt is also put out in the winter) for maybe several weeks is not funny.

I am curious.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
When my agent has several cars dumped that can't be delivered, he has to park them outside in the yard. The idea of my car sitting outside (where salt is also put out in the winter) for maybe several weeks is not funny.

I am curious.
It’s Switzerland @emax they'll be in a James Bond style underground lair away from prying eyes.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s Switzerland @emax they'll be in a James Bond style underground lair away from prying eyes.
@Stu_Barnes seriously.. I worked for a time in Zurich.. - the building had 6 levels underground 2, some were just car park underneath
the normal storage and service area.. all thick concrete.. - Somewhere Binzmühle Strasse close to Railway station in Oerlikon.
Something like this is far from "unusual" in CH in particular were space is extremely expensive.

Meanwhile - even in here in Frankfurt they excavate a couple of levels underground at least.

Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
It's all bizarre to me, this build a car company but don't let buyers take possession. Like something from a storybook or movie.

To paraphrase Grenadier General Jack Ripper, "Car enthusiasts sense my power and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid early order holders, Mandrake. But I do deny them my essence."

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Meanwhile - even in here in Frankfurt they excavate a couple of levels underground at least.
The difference is that in Switzerland such buildings must also be built as shelters for the civilian population.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The difference is that in Switzerland such buildings must also be built as shelters for the civilian population.
As far as I am aware of - the regulation was abandoned.. but I do not know what age the building is. .. but doesnt matter in this case.
This configuration is quite normal in CH. Credit Suisses Car Park is also inside mountain. (Unsurprising)

Into the Hill excavated car parks have also the European Investment Bank. Plateau Kirchberg Luxembourg , and some public carpark in Luxembourg ville even reused casemates. So its not really James Bond.. but in some of these I won't go with an Aston Martin..- an in particular not IG . far to narrow.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know the regulatory framework in Switzerland, but I'd expect a stop sales order to be quite rigorously enforced, possibly even backed up with large fines for transgressions.
Indeed. I know the ASTA in Bern Office for Road and Traffic that is equivalent to KBA in Flensburg Germany, the Federal office for motorized vehicles.. I am sure any government has something similar.
The Swiss to my experience is even more rigid than the KBA..
And traffic and violation fines are hefty ( Not applied to me as I usually use public transportation in CH)
But a colleague in Zurich was fined 200CHF for exceeding parking time 15 Minutes

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
Indeed. I know the ASTA in Bern Office for Road and Traffic that is equivalent to KBA in Flensburg Germany, the Federal office for motorized vehicles.. I am sure any government has something similar.
The Swiss to my experience is even more rigid than the KBA..
And traffic and violation fines are hefty ( Not applied to me as I usually use public transportation in CH)
But a colleague in Zurich was fined 200CHF for exceeding parking time 15 Minutes
The Swiss are also quite special. They are very strict with foreigners, who are stopped for trivialities, checked and are allowed to pay fines. The Swiss in front is allowed to drive on. Now that's a rip-off.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well organized event today in Zurich. Amazing to see almost all the colors up close. A great selection of show models plus customer cars in secure sheltered location tucked away. The sales folk were happy to show customer their cars but a couple of pending items to be done as well as bolt on of some external accessories.
Build quality looks great but no driving was possible with any of the vehicles.
My son even managed to pair his iPhone to one of the show room models - unfortunately little to report in real terms since couldn‘t really blare the music for long enough. Midrange speakers seem a little under powered was my first impression.
Both Exterior and Interior finish generally looks amazing.

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier was at Hedin's opening of their showroom today. Great opportunity to see many finished customer cars in real!
Let me share some pictures. I was busy talking to people and absorbing all impressions - couldn't focus on photography that much.
Unfortunately missed @nickelnoff yet chatted with many other soon-to-be grenadier owner. I got the impression the grenadier customer crowd is down to earth and easy to get in touch with.
Was impressed how many cars are already on the spot. Maybe 50 or so - see pictures below.
The first customer cars have already been road registered but no handover yet.

After the opening speech I was able to exchange some words with the Ineos Automotive head of Europe. I was not the first to mention and he's fully aware how unfortunate the lack of proper communication is.
I got the impression Ineos is working at full speed to get the cars over the finish line, respective on the road.

Information on how long it will take until deliveries are possible was vague. Waiting for final software seems to be the main reason.
Personally I expect to get may grenadier during Feb or March. Yes I almost can't wait
Think I became aware of the grenadier in Feb 2021. Pre-order in Sep 2021. And order in May 2022. So a few more weeks are no game-changer. At least as I no longer have to rely on an estimated production date and no further info at all.

Good food and catering. Many thanks to Hedin for the event!
1.jpg

Cars in different colors at display. Think shale blue was missing.

2.JPG
3.JPG

Yes - these are all finished customer cars.
In English: "Usually I'm not picky. You know that. But since I already belong to a happy customer, please do not touch."
I really liked they put them all on display. Very nice to see different configurations and be able to compare.

4.JPG

5.JPG

Big moment - these keys belong to MY grenadier!!

6.JPG

Very pleased to see the customer cars are waiting sheltered.

7.JPG

Many donny grey and black, some magic mushroom and white.
Seems green, blue and red are chosen less often.

View attachment 8.JPG

Felt like a game walking past the rows - pressing the key and waiting for one grenadier to wink at me...
And here he is.

10.JPG

11.JPG

Most cars are waiting for checks and assembly of parts like towing hitch etc.

12.JPG

Interior quality is significantly better than in the prototypes. See example the doors inside.

13.JPG

From the prototypes you might know the problem when rear doors are closed in wrong order. They've now added a small rubber piece that prevents damage.

99.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 44

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier was at Hedin's opening of their showroom today. Great opportunity to see many finished customer cars in real!
Let me share some pictures. I was busy talking to people and absorbing all impressions - couldn't focus on photography that much.
Unfortunately missed @nickelnoff yet chatted with many other soon-to-be grenadier owner. I got the impression the grenadier customer crowd is down to earth and easy to get in touch with.
Was impressed how many cars are already on the spot. Maybe 50 or so - see pictures below.

After the opening speech I was able to exchange some words with the Ineos Automotive head of Europe. I was not the first to mention and he's fully aware how unfortunate the lack of proper communication is.
I got the impression Ineos is working at full speed to get the cars over the finish line, respective on the road.

Information on how long it will take until deliveries are possible was vague. Waiting for final software seems to be the main reason.
Personally I expect to get may grenadier during Feb or March. Yes I almost can't wait
Think I became aware of the grenadier in Feb 2021. Pre-order in Sep 2021. And order in May 2022. So a few more weeks are no game-changer. At least as I no longer have to rely on an estimated production date and no further info at all.

View attachment 7801993

View attachment 7801994
View attachment 7801995

In English: "Usually I'm not picky. You know that. But since I already belong to a happy customer, please do not touch."
I really liked they put them all on display. Very nice to see different configurations and be able to compare.

View attachment 7801996

View attachment 7801997

View attachment 7801998

View attachment 7802001

View attachment 7802002

Felt like a game walking past the rows - pressing the key and waiting for one grenadier to wink at me...
And here he is.

View attachment 7802003

View attachment 7802004

View attachment 7802005

Interior quality is significantly better than in the prototypes. See example the doors inside.

View attachment 7802006

From the prototypes you might know the problem when rear doors are closed in wrong order. They've now added a small rubber piece that prevents damage.

View attachment 7802007
@Deepblue thanks for posting the above absolutely thrilled for you, hopefully you’ll be able to drive it away soon.

Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7801993

View attachment 7801994
View attachment 7801995

View attachment 7801996

View attachment 7801997

View attachment 7801998

View attachment 7802001

View attachment 7802002

And here he is.

View attachment 7802003

View attachment 7802004

View attachment 7802005

View attachment 7802006

View attachment 7802007
Do you happen to have a picture of grey and black next to each other?

Back
Top Bottom