The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Must have options

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
Definitely a nice looking set of slider steps. If I may ask, what did they charge for shipping to NJ? I Ike those hinge steps too
OK4WD in NJ is the BUZZ US distributor and the price for the sliders is a bit steep at $2,350 and I believe it's $150 shipping within the US. I bit the bullet and ordered a set, but luckily I can save the shipping because I am not too far. Although, if your state doesn't tax incoming shipments, the shipping and tax will come pretty close to cancelling (NJ tax is actually more than $150).
I did the same as Krabby. Expensive, but overbuilt and will never rust. With the weight of the Gren, I feel it’s worth the cost to mitigate damage from rocks and ledges.

Last edited:

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK4WD in NJ is the BUZZ US distributor and the price for the sliders is a bit steep at $2,350 and I believe it's $150 shipping within the US. I bit the bullet and ordered a set, but luckily I can save the shipping because I am not too far. Although, if your state doesn't tax incoming shipments, the shipping and tax will come pretty close to cancelling (NJ tax is actually more than $150).
Didn’t realize they had a US distributor. That’s good to know.

The price is steep, and the fact that it’s made from 316SS has a lot to do with that I’d imagine. Without seeing them in person, this set falls into the category of buy once, cry once 😂😂

I have some time so I won’t order now but they definitely are on my short list.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
I have not seen the factory sliders in person, but since they are a lot cheaper it may make sense to see if a welding shop could modify them for more clearance? I could not pass them up, not to mention I dented a brand new rig before a set showed up one time, so I do not mess around.

TX Wilderness Seeker

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
I have not seen the factory sliders in person, but since they are a lot cheaper it may make sense to see if a welding shop could modify them for more clearance? I could not pass them up, not to mention I dented a brand new rig before a set showed up one time, so I do not mess around.
I just installed my factory rocksliders if you want another visual reference.

Attachments

• 4B4E1C21-BE5C-412E-912E-DF6FEDC37068.jpeg
    4B4E1C21-BE5C-412E-912E-DF6FEDC37068.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 54

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the Buzz sliders offer the best of both worlds - something better might come along down the line, but as it stands today I'm confident they will work well as a step and provide the protection one expects out of a proper slider. The hi-lift jack point is an added bonus.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
Absolute top money but fortunately, my experience is of a top product

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
Having owned several Defenders, I am paranoid about any unnecessary holes in the roof (or sides, or floor...). Water WILL come in.
That is the exact reason I opted out of getting the safari windows. I also had a Discovery with a sun roof that did nothing but leak, not to mention increased wind noise.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Whenever someone gets a set of the Buzz sliders installed, please report as to their effectiveness as a step.
More specifically, would they be helpful for a 5'2" passenger after the addition of the Eibach lift springs and 33s?

Thanks!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Whenever someone gets a set of the Buzz sliders installed, please report as to their effectiveness as a step.
More specifically, would they be helpful for a 5'2" passenger after the addition of the Eibach lift springs and 33s?

Thanks!
I'm hopefully less than 30-days from installing them. My wife is 5'2" so I'll let you know...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks!
I'll give a first-hand account once I'm set up.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have owned the Buzz sliders for the past three months and my adult daughter is 5’2”. At normal ride height, these steps are. Brilliant. Even my 87 year old mother in law can manage to climb in unaided.

I think with the mod’s you are considering, things might become more challenging. I can’t see how you can cover both bases without some type of mechanically articulated step. The Buzz philosophy aligns with that of the Grenadier in my view. As simple and strong as possible and unlikely to let you down when you need it.

Last edited:

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Uh, those look pretty tight to me. Are people mixing up those cheap Nerf bars ( why the HELL are they optioning those things on this vehicle?) with rock sliders?
I’d imagine lots of people ordered their rigs with the OEM bars. If you don’t like them, cool…others do, which is also cool.

Why the negative waves Moriarty?

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Those Nerf bars get destroyed off-road almost immediately, so unless you are not going off road, they will be a head ache at some point in the future. For instance, I did Engineers pass last summer with my brothers, an easy a trail as you can find just about and they ripped one off there truck. They are not for a hardcore rig like these.

Last edited:

Arat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
Hi Globalgregors, I have to say, Rock Slider Engineering's solution of combining a rock slider with an electric deployable step has peaked my interest, especially if they support the Grenadier.

Here's my thoughts on the positives of it, especially for the USA market, (because of shipping costs for products coming out of Europe).
1 - It is a rock slider, (if you option the additional steel rock slider plate).
2- You don't have to remove any added steps, like you may need to do with some other products or side steps, before going off roading.
3 - The step appears to drop lower than any other solution, making ease of entry great, even for my 4' 11" wife.
4 - It's an all in one solution.
5 - Shipping costs may be lower in the US, then if you were bringing them in from Europe.
6 - They offer a very cool wow factor when they drop down and go back up.

Now for the negatives:
7 - Installation with the wiring is more involved than a simple bolt on solution.
8 - It appears the width of the drop down step may be not as wide as other added rock sliders with bolt on steps or simply side steps.
9 - Wiring - which is something that could be affected by water intrusion if not properly installed and waterproofed.
10 - They are more costly than straight bolt on rock sliders or rock sliders with added steps or side steps alone, (although maybe not
as much once shipping costs are factored in as noted at item 5 above.
11 - They might be a bit too fussy for a purpose built vehicle.
12 - Currently Rock Slider Engineering does not support the Grenadier.

On my pre-order for my Trial Master, I optioned the Grenadier Rock Sliders, as the cost seemed reasonable and they are robust.
Once I get my Grenadier, I will then choose one of three paths, (based on what is currently available or soon to come on market).

A - Keep the Grenadier Rock Sliders and have custom robust bolt-on / bolt-off aluminum steps fabricated and anodized & install them on the Grenadier rock sliders. I would have the steps designed to be at a height that would allow a reasonable entry height, however not to be so low
as to not allow light to medium over landing and off roading. It I wanted to go on more adventurous trails, then I would simply remove them
and lift wifey into the Grenadier.

B - Opt for the Black Sheep rock sliders and don't purchase their add on steps and instead have custom ones fabricated for the reasons mentioned in A above.

C - See what Urban Automotive in the UK produces in the way of a side step and or a rock slider and perhaps go that route,
especially if they can easily be taken off and put back on easily. They will be officially be presenting their side steps and other products very soon.

As you can see, there are more than a couple options. I am still on a journey trying to figure it all out on what will work best for me and my wife
who green lighted the Grenadier purchase and will likely have much more input and the last word. DaBull
Option A is what i am looking for. God willing i will be at overland expo in May where Ineos is mentioned as an exhibitor, there might be some vendors with ideas or products.

Local time
Reaction score
My must haves on my Quartermaster order include.
Diesel motor
Donny Grey - (Matches my caravan)
Rough pack
Raised switch panel High Current extra switches.
Some things of the smooth pack, but didn't want everything:
Heated mirrors
Front Parking sensors
Lockable storage box
Extra power points. Should even have one in the tub
Load bed liner
Tow hitch
Raised air intake
Bull bar
Rock sliders - was going to make, but would take months to years for me to complete.
Did not go with second battery, as don't like the C Tec set up. Will go Victorn and LiPo battery.
Going with Tougher seat covers.

Back
Top Bottom