The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Must have options

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
No safari roof - we have had a number of cars with sun roof's and barely used them in Qld, the sun it too bright and hot

Good general use options:
Side steps - don't know if the after market ones are compatible with the side protection rails
Checker plate on the front - didn't get the in the original order, but they are surprisingly convenient to put things on, that would otherwise scratch the paint
Roof rack / platform - sitting on the roof is a good place to get away from everyone :) (full length platform isn't compatible with safari windows)
Roller for the rear of the roof rack/platform - the car is high so a roller to load longer, heavier items (tents, kayak, portaboat) will be useful (often used by tradies for loading ladders)

Expedition options:
the usual necessities offered by Ineos, including tow bar, double battery, bull bar, side protection rails ...
Front and rear lockers - being solid axle I prefer this to be done in the factory
Winch - for solo expeditions (i have no friends - can also be used to rescue others and make friends, or at least get given beer)
Side track-mount brackets for additional fuel &/or water, without adding height, roof loading or taking up internal space (something like this - https://expeditionhq.com.au/product/xspec-30l-gravity-feed-diesel-tank/)
Will also look at heavier duty after market under body protection
Window block-outs - will probably make my own
Haven't really checked out the lighting on the Grenadier, so not sure if additional driving lights are needed
I was driving in my car with the roof open today and it was 31 degrees.
I closed it on the motorway but open in various other times over a 4 hour drive.
I have been driving this for 5 years in Queensland.
On the other hand a soft top Holden Drover I had in Perth was unbearable with the roof off in summer.
I have just booked my Grenadier in to have front windows and Safari windows covered with film
1696571356117.png
1696570898235.png

Joey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
I don’t think you have to care very much with the saddle leather. It is far more robust. I chose it as a last minute option and it was one of my best decisions when it comes to ‘things to admire’.
I got the Saddle pack as well. Everytime I drive my IG I thank god I ticked that box! It's really nice.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
I was leaning towards not getting the Safari Windows until we were able to drive and spend some time in the Grenadier at one of the drive events. Feels more open with the sunroof than without and looks pretty cool in person. Planning on adding them to our order when we finally submit our spec's and getting them tinted when the vehicle comes in.
I was surprised how subdued the lighting is without the safari windows, which I really like, and don't need sunglasses as much as in other cars, usually only when there is direct glare due to the position of the sun, especially in the afternoon !!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was surprised how subdued the lighting is without the safari windows, which I really like, and don't need sunglasses as much as in other cars, usually only when there is direct glare due to the position of the sun, especially in the afternoon !!
Only time I don't have my sun/driving glasses on is at night
I am still wearing a pair of Serengeti Drivers I got on Doctor/Optometrist recommendations when I was 21 years old.
Yes they are 40 years old and still working fine.
One other reason I didn't go for the white vehicle, which looks sensational, is sun glare off the bonnet in morning and late afternoon.
1696573440260.png

• Love
Reactions: PBD

ARF

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Do we have a definitive answer about the checker plates just being an external plate with rivets and sealant? So you could just add them later? IMG_0639.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do we have a definitive answer about the checker plates just being an external plate with rivets and sealant? So you could just add them later? View attachment 7828899
They're a dealer install, so I believe so. I'm still torn personally, so am holding off until I know for certain. I think I want to wait and see how they fair on other people's trucks first.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Pretty sure you could add them anytime.

View attachment 7828903View attachment 7828904

They're a dealer install, so I believe so. I'm still torn personally, so am holding off until I know for certain. I think I want to wait and see how they fair on other people's trucks first.
Hi DaveB and Krabby, I ordered the checker plates, however I am thinking of holding off having them installed for now too, however for a different reason. I was wondering why Ineos decided to powder coat them vs anodize them. Anodizing is typically harder and potentially longer lasting and looks very nice too. I am giving thought to having the powder coat stripped from them and then having them anodized satin black. DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi DaveB and Krabby, I ordered the checker plates, however I am thinking of holding off having them installed for now too, however for a different reason. I was wondering why Ineos decided to powder coat them vs anodize them. Anodizing is typically harder and potentially longer lasting and looks very nice too. I am giving thought to having the powder coat stripped from them and then having them anodized satin black. DaBull
That's a great point. If I do go ahead, my plan was to color match them to the Scottish White - I'd like the protection they provide but I am not too keen on black for them.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's a great point. If I do go ahead, my plan was to color match them to the Scottish White - I'd like the protection they provide but I am not too keen on black for them.
Good idea for the white and other colours.
I think they go Ok on the metallic black (DG)

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pretty sure you could add them anytime.

View attachment 7828903View attachment 7828904
Where are these on the uk accessory list? I’ve downloaded it this evening but it’s silent on them and the pricing although they are shown in a number of pictures. Id have had them from the start as the flat topped wings are pretty thin - they’ll hold a mug of tea but not much else.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where are these on the uk accessory list? I’ve downloaded it this evening but it’s silent on them and the pricing although they are shown in a number of pictures. Id have had them from the start as the flat topped wings are pretty thin - they’ll hold a mug of tea but not much else.
I recall someone saying they are not legal in UK so are not available.
That is why JLR use plastic fake ones

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Clear protective film for the win!

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was planning on LineX or more likely a DIY Raptor spray, right over the powder coat.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Because they aren't aluminium, some sort of carbon composite material. I didn't order them as part of the vehicle, but the dealer had some in stock, so installed them when we collected the vehicle.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Because they aren't aluminium, some sort of carbon composite material. I didn't order them as part of the vehicle, but the dealer had some in stock, so installed them when we collected the vehicle.
I asked Tom from Ineos if they were plastic or aluminium late last year and he said they were composite as the aluminum failed the crash test, is speared straight through the windscreen.
Then this brochure came out stating Aluminium.

1696806188509.png

Back
Top Bottom