The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Must have options

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
I asked Tom from Ineos if they were plastic or aluminium late last year and he said they were composite as the aluminum failed the crash test, is speared straight through the windscreen.
Then this brochure came out stating Aluminium.

View attachment 7829093
As these are not available in the uk, where are they sold, and what is the price? I’m guessing that Australia is the answer…

Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
Hi DaveB and Krabby, I ordered the checker plates, however I am thinking of holding off having them installed for now too, however for a different reason. I was wondering why Ineos decided to powder coat them vs anodize them. Anodizing is typically harder and potentially longer lasting and looks very nice too. I am giving thought to having the powder coat stripped from them and then having them anodized satin black. DaBull
There are two types of anodizing. Look into type three "hard anodizing" ( https://omwcorp.com/understanding-and-specifying-anodizing-2/ https://elite-metalfinishing.com/emf-anodize-type3.html). My company built a lot of military optical accessories and hard anodizing was mandated for some applications. It is a thicker coating, so not appropriate for fine threads. Also check out Cerakote (https://www.cerakote.com/) a very tough finish that comes in many colors. Not a do it yourself coating.
I know folks who had the internal working parts of pistols coated. The coating was thin enough to allow flawless operation but durable enough to resist the rubbing wear.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
Checker fender steps
Diff Locks
Extra battery
Pre-wired power + additional plugs
Safari windows
Rock Sliders
Winch
Rack
Door Table
Rubber Mats

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There are two types of anodizing. Look into type three "hard anodizing" ( https://omwcorp.com/understanding-and-specifying-anodizing-2/ https://elite-metalfinishing.com/emf-anodize-type3.html). My company built a lot of military optical accessories and hard anodizing was mandated for some applications. It is a thicker coating, so not appropriate for fine threads. Also check out Cerakote (https://www.cerakote.com/) a very tough finish that comes in many colors. Not a do it yourself coating.
I know folks who had the internal working parts of pistols coated. The coating was thin enough to allow flawless operation but durable enough to resist the rubbing wear.
I had thought about the color options too - I'd like to see some color match their truck to see how it looks.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My “must-haves” on the trialmaster were

Safari windows
No carpets

I wasn’t 100% fixated on a trialmaster but I did want diff locks, cloth, steel wheels.

For me the safari windows are a huge part of the interior character - it’s so light and airy with them.
Yep, those safaris for me were a certainty as soon as I saw them. I think they are very good and wouldn't be without them. I can also understand how people would have the complete opposite view for many differing reasons. Water ingress, heat etc etc etc.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Rubber mats, diff locks, winch, tow pack, ladder, side steps or sliders, 17” rims, electrical power and leather seats. Safari roof x2 (which I have) have been problematic with water ingress but are good for cabin light so I’d take them as well.
With hindsight I’d also have a second battery.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
So far this is likely my biggest regret. I'm not getting any younger while owning this thing. Others difficulty getting in and out has been noted.
I’m getting delivery of my Urban sidesteps this week. $799 with free shipping from Tennessee. Manufactured in UK with heavy duty 3” diameter steel. Reviews on this forum are generally very favorable although there have been comments about wrestling with installation. Yeah, that is a big step up to enter the vehicle!

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
I’m getting delivery of my Urban sidesteps this week. $799 with free shipping from Tennessee. Manufactured in UK with heavy duty 3” diameter steel. Reviews on this forum are generally very favorable although there have been comments about wrestling with installation. Yeah, that is a big step up to enter the vehicle!
Have a link?

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So far this is likely my biggest regret. I'm not getting any younger while owning this thing. Others difficulty getting in and out has been noted.

At least they’re easy to fit retrospectively - also i get the impression the Ineos ones aren’t great quality

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
IA should offer one of these. My wife loves it ; so much easier to adjust stuff on the roof rack.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I sat in my Gren at the dealer last weekend (pick it up this Saturday). I forgot just how high it sits, and I’m 6’4” tall. I am very glad I have Buzz Overland sliders due in a few weeks.
Definitely a nice looking set of slider steps. If I may ask, what did they charge for shipping to NJ? I Ike those hinge steps too

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely a nice looking set of slider steps. If I may ask, what did they charge for shipping to NJ? I Ike those hinge steps too
OK4WD in NJ is the BUZZ US distributor and the price for the sliders is a bit steep at $2,350 and I believe it's $150 shipping within the US. I bit the bullet and ordered a set, but luckily I can save the shipping because I am not too far. Although, if your state doesn't tax incoming shipments, the shipping and tax will come pretty close to cancelling (NJ tax is actually more than $150).

Back
Top Bottom