The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Motorhive UK Grenadier Opinion

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 11.06.51 AM.png

INEOS Grenadier: Really, Is It That Bad?!​

POSTED ON FEBRUARY 9, 2023 BY JAMES LAZAR
I’m hesitant to go charging to the defence of a vehicle that I have no hands on experience with, but after reading the latest crop of reviews I can’t help but be a little frustrated that many seem to have missed the point.
Of course, faults with wildly offset pedals, large A pillar blind spots and other niggles cannot be ignored. But for a vehicle ‘built on purpose’ to be a true utilitarian, off-road first vehicle, it is frustrating to see it receive a kicking primarily for its poor on road manners. Or worse still, being compared to vehicles designed for something else or that tower over its starting price.

Last edited by a moderator:

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
To be honest its not 100% perfect - nothing is but in my humble view its the Defender that Landrover never built much to their shame and loss.

It is as you say a quantum leap from the old Defender , a lot of the issues with the Defender were ironed out and its really nice to drive, powerful engine superb ride and off road - well its much more capable than I will ever be !!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
Hm, it seems a few understand the true nature of the Grenadier. It is an Offroader. ... btw just read today the famous Iso Grifo sportscar from Italy some rated 275km/h top speed what was well beyond most vehicles at its time had a recirculating ball steering.
Most of the current motor journalists were in its nappies or not even born when most of the real offroaders disappeared from market.
The Grenader has undeniable some design flaws. But the design flaws / or sacrifices to purpose like steering like the split rear door they have a reason. As a LHD owner - the topic of pedals do not affect me. Now after > 1000kms real drive on and off road the so called issues arent affecting me so much. Learned to like the steering, in particular when offroading its way better than rack n pine.
BTW the large turning circle is also a sacrifice to axle articulation.
In many use cases off road the large turning circle is of lesser issue than expected. The articulation is far more important in Off Road.
So the motorhive article seems to be a written by a guy who knows the reasons of constructing a vehicle like so. -
And knows the cost of a real G wagen.. used.

Back
Top Bottom