The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Introduction INEOS

Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone I was the Lead Engineer inside Ineos for Exterior from the startup of this project. Currently I work in quality/customer feedback in the factory in Hambach France. I am here to add some reasons and clarity to some of the questions/queries. Please be gentle as this vehicle was not easy to get on the road as most governments are trying to save the planet. Hats off to Jim Ratcliffe for taking on this challenge as it is a great concept (Albiet with some niggles as all new vehicles suffer with) . It is a world vehicle so of course there will be compromises to it but we made it and now the 2nd phase of the development will begin with your help.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone I was the Lead Engineer inside Ineos for Exterior from the startup of this project. Currently I work in quality/customer feedback in the factory in Hambach France. I am here to add some reasons and clarity to some of the questions/queries. Please be gentle as this vehicle was not easy to get on the road as most governments are trying to save the planet. Hats off to Jim Ratcliffe for taking on this challenge as it is a great concept (Albiet with some niggles as all new vehicles suffer with) . It is a world vehicle so of course there will be compromises to it but we made it and now the 2nd phase of the development will begin with your help.
Hi Dudlington, Welcome on Board! DaBull

Local time
Reaction score
I have one and the more I drive it the more I love it. I,m looking all the time for dirt, excuses to ride up the kerbs. The best feature is the horizontal top surface of the door trim where I rest my elbow................I spend most of the time just cruising and seem to be in no rush at all. Its like being in a comfortable bubble safe in the knowledge you are driving something that feels solid as a brick. We are still maturing the vehicle so it will get better.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Thank you for making yourself available. That goes a long way in my book.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome.

Minor issue. Honestly the only thing that we wonder about in the US is allowing the ADAS features to stay in whatever state an owner chooses. If someone wants it great. If someone wants to turn it off allow it to stay off and not turn back on as a default. I can turn my daytime headlights off and they stay that way.

I am still getting great Miles to Smiles.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! It’s nice to know another Ineos insider is among us.

This is a wonderful group of folks and I’m sure comments that come your way will be polite and genuine.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thankyou.............it was a blast to work on the project.
I thank you for your generosity to the forum and contribution to an amazing vehicle...it has been a blast for me to watch it grow and now drive one...obviously, another level to have had hands-on and now driving your own, brilliant...are you able to talk about future models and what we can expect to see? I apologize for the questions but this forum is based on information and us soaking it in...and the odd opinion might creep in also :ROFLMAO: happy motoring and thanks again.

Max

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome, I like my car from the first minute I got the key. Really, great job and exact what we expected from this project. And I am sure that this count for the most of us here on the forum. Sometimes we did get annoyed by some minor problems, small things that for one or another reason couldn’t get fixed. Also due the fact that the dealers had no clue how to fix it or where also in the dark due to lack of information from INEOS. But we are convinced that in the end, INEOS will find a solution for it. The one thing we all want to have or hands on, to even understand our car better, is access (free or if necessary on a payed fee) to the drawings, electrical schemes…. Etc. Now, we all dismantle our cars (some of us are going very far in this) just to get knowledge and to understand why this is such a great car. And with a better knowledge of the Grenadier, we can even be better and greater supporters in this journey to the benefit of INEOS and potential new customers and family/forum members.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Alright then, explain them skinny girl cupholders! :D

Skiprat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thankyou.............it was a blast to work on the project.
Hi Dudlington
having followed the development of the Grenadier on YouTube etc. it's great to be behind the wheel. I think most people expected some niggles and minor problems building a new car from scratch. As I see it we're still enjoying the novelty of driving what we hope will be an iconic vehicle - once we've all settled in I reckon most will be hoping that:
a) The bugs/niggles will be properly sorted when it comes to the first service
b) A decent spares network will materialize with prompt availability of parts
c) The dealer network will have knowledgeable & capable mechanics/technicians
d) open sharing of manuals/parts/wiring diagrams as promised
- A lot of people have put a lot of faith in the Grenadier (it's my first ever purchase of a brand new car) - Achieve points a) to d) above along with better communication & I think it'll have a great future.
Skip

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is fantastic to have you here. We knew some Ineos people were watching the forum, but to have you here "officially" is something that certainly is added value for the forum members!
Welcome, Wilkommen (y)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
Hi Dudlington
b) A decent spares network will materialize with prompt availability of parts
c) The dealer network will have knowledgeable & capable mechanics/technicians
Skip

This - In spades.

I have a friend with an IG who has had a fuel pump malfunction. The parts need to be brought in from the UK/Hambach? to Australia so they can fix it. I was of the understanding that the parts store in Melbourne was fully stocked and sorted. This obviously isn’t the case (on face value). l know this seems to be a problem with all makes at the minute, but it doesn’t give me confidence that if I get stuck with a problem in the middle of the desert it’s just a case of getting the part shipped from Melbourne, or if I break down near home the IG won’t be off the road for weeks for the simple need of a spare part.

That said - all power and thanks to Ineos - you’ve given us an option other than the bland, and that’s awesome.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score

Any information on the variability of performance of the HVAC system? Any word on what development might be in place to address the issues noted in this forum?

Last edited:

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This - In spades.

I have a friend with an IG who has had a fuel pump malfunction. The parts need to be brought in from the UK/Hambach? to Australia so they can fix it. I was of the understanding that the parts store in Melbourne was fully stocked and sorted. This obviously isn’t the case (on face value). l know this seems to be a problem with all makes at the minute, but it doesn’t give me confidence that if I get stuck with a problem in the middle of the desert it’s just a case of getting the part shipped from Melbourne, or if I break down near home the IG won’t be off the road for weeks for the simple need of a spare part.

That said - all power and thanks to Ineos - you’ve given us an option other than the bland, and that’s awesome.

Agree on the parts availability. My brake sensor light came on on my drive home. Had to wait over a month to get the sensors from Belgium.

Dealer inspected the truck, wheels off, etc and consulted with the factory. All good faulty sensor(s) and the truck drives great. Sometimes the light doesn't come on at all or takes 40 minutes.

The plus side is that the sensors came in last week the day that the rumors of the trailer hitch fix was imminent so I can get it all done at the same time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom