The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Introduction INEOS

Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
A little lift for 35’s, brush bar for USA, and a longer spooled winch for distance. My wife says a light around the key hole and a fold down armrest with cupholder on second row. Fantastic vehicle! Thank you Sir Jim! Love it!

Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
Any information on the variability of performance of the HVAC system? Any word on what development might be in place to address the issues noted in this forum?
There is a Focus group inside Ineos working on the topics. A main topic when you have no heat is an Air lock in the system so I reccommend to ask your dealer to do the bleeding operation(This is also possible by yourself) and making sure to top up the coolant level. If you keep experiencing a loss of coolant then please go back to your dealer as there must be a coolant leak somewhere.

Last edited:

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
There is a Focus group inside Ineos working on the topics. A main topic when you have no heat is an Air lock in the system so I reccommend to ask your dealer to do the bleeding operation(This is also possible by yourself) and making sure to top up the coolant level. If you keep experiencing a loss of coolant then please go back to your dealer as there must be a coolant leak somewhere.
Does the potential air lock effect both of the coolant tanks? I understand one is high and one low pressure ? My vehicle was consuming coolant in both but after 4000 miles appears to have stopped as far as I can tell. Thanks for assisting on the forum, my agent is unfortunately less than helpful 😞

Local time
Reaction score
Does the potential air lock effect both of the coolant tanks? I understand one is high and one low pressure ? My vehicle was consuming coolant in both but after 4000 miles appears to have stopped as far as I can tell. Thanks for assisting on the forum, my agent is unfortunately less than helpful 😞
High pressure side.

slukell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
@Dudlington it's so good to have your here - welcome!

Let me start off with a big "Thank you!" for contributing to this project.

I personally feel very excited about mine after >4,000 km. The only things I've noticed are small niggles like night/day, GPS dropouts including the compass/altimeter, and cruise control stopping - none of which have diminished my love for the vehicle.

Just you being here listening to customers is massive. Thank you for doing this.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
Hi @Dudlington great to have you officially on the forum. It’s a great resource for all us owners and potential owners.
This is a fantastic vehicle that Ineos have produced. Today I pulled a Mitsubishi tourist truck with. 20 German tourists out of thick mud in Northern Namibia. The truck was up to its axles in thick mud but with three diffs locked and a few good hard tugs we got them out. What a vehicle. 😍.
I won’t bore you with few little niggling problems that I know Ineos will fix but overall this is one hell of a vehicle. Thankyou team IneosIMG_5111.jpegIMG_5105.jpegIMG_5106.jpegIMG_0294.jpegIMG_5106.jpeg

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it is awesome and glad you like it. Very jealous you are there. We have not finished yet so it will defo. improve. Here is a photo of an Ineos Test Engineer pulling a 40 tonne truck up a slippy icy/snow covered road in the black forest with a Pick up version. The truck was stuck and it was pure coincidence but the extra oooomph of the Grenadier got him home.

Attachments

• Quartermaster Pick up pulling 40 Tonne truck.png
    Quartermaster Pick up pulling 40 Tonne truck.png
    989.1 KB · Views: 61

Robert T

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
@Dudlington , Thank you for your participation in this forum.

In my case, I have too much heat. Even driving for 6hrs in sub zero temperatures in Canada I had to open the windows to regulate the temperature. In order to get cool air I have turn the temp dial to max low and let the AC blast at full speed. Otherwise, if I just have it at the lowest setting before max low it just blows hot air. Sometimes I get cool air down by my feet. It is very difficult to try and regulate the temperature. I think I may have an issue with my AC because it doesn't seem to blow cold air unless it's at max low.

Having said that, I still love the truck and am hopeful that any bugs will get resolved.

Thanks

Local time
Reaction score
@Dudlington , Thank you for your participation in this forum.

In my case, I have too much heat. Even driving for 6hrs in sub zero temperatures in Canada I had to open the windows to regulate the temperature. In order to get cool air I have turn the temp dial to max low and let the AC blast at full speed. Otherwise, if I just have it at the lowest setting before max low it just blows hot air. Sometimes I get cool air down by my feet. It is very difficult to try and regulate the temperature. I think I may have an issue with my AC because it doesn't seem to blow cold air unless it's at max low.

Having said that, I still love the truck and am hopeful that any bugs will get resolved.

Thanks
Did you try to use the AUTO button and switch off the AC button ????

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it is awesome and glad you like it. Very jealous you are there. We have not finished yet so it will defo. improve. Here is a photo of an Ineos Test Engineer pulling a 40 tonne truck up a slippy icy/snow covered road in the black forest with a Pick up version. The truck was stuck and it was pure coincidence but the extra oooomph of the Grenadier got him home.

Potential TV commercial spot.

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi everyone I was the Lead Engineer inside Ineos for Exterior from the startup of this project. Currently I work in quality/customer feedback in the factory in Hambach France. I am here to add some reasons and clarity to some of the questions/queries. Please be gentle as this vehicle was not easy to get on the road as most governments are trying to save the planet. Hats off to Jim Ratcliffe for taking on this challenge as it is a great concept (Albiet with some niggles as all new vehicles suffer with) . It is a world vehicle so of course there will be compromises to it but we made it and now the 2nd phase of the development will begin with your help.
Hello Dudlington. Thank you for stepping into the breach to field our feedback.
Firstly, the fit and finish is of the highest quality. The finish is so good that I felt compelled to PPF the entire vehicle. I have not experienced any leaks or creaks. Solid closure of doors are vault-like and add to the feeling of security. I have only owned my G for 160 miles, so I cannot give you a comprehensive critique, but so far, you and your Team have nailed it!

Back
Top Bottom