The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Introduction INEOS

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
Hi @Dudlington , welcome to the forum officially. I'm so pleased with my Grenadier, and my wife absolutely loves it as well. I get so many people asking what it is and commenting how great it looks. I just got it wrapped last week, in the same idea that the factory wrap that was going to be offered but was understandably scrapped. Hard to warranty a vinyl wrap.

20240201_100144-jpg.7842292

Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
Hi @Dudlington , welcome to the forum officially. I'm so pleased with my Grenadier, and my wife absolutely loves it as well. I get so many people asking what it is and commenting how great it looks. I just got it wrapped last week, in the same idea that the factory wrap that was going to be offered but was understandably scrapped. Hard to warranty a vinyl wrap.

20240201_100144-jpg.7842292
Nice wrap...................the vehicle is looking nice.

GavinD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
Here is a question @Dudlington Apple is releasing CarPlay 2 in the wild this year (think actual release was end of last year) and it supports information from engine management systems, any chance Ineos designed their system to accommodate apple CarPlay taking over the instrumentation and the existing stuff in a future software update?

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
Hello Dudlington? @Dudlington

Guess it’s like contacting Ineos support…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AWo

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
Hello Dudligton,

I attempted to attach a video of my windscreen which shows some waviness or distortion, but the file is too large. The glass has a similar appearance to antique glass which lacks the uniform appearance of today's high-end vehicles.
I am wondering if perhaps the issue with windshields cracking could be due to supplier imperfections. Today's vehicle windshields do not show signs of this condition and a question whether this condition can lead to fatigue in the glass.
My windshield has not cracked, but I have only driven 500 miles and not in extreme conditions.

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
Hi Dudlington
I too am very interested in the windscreen issues due to previous major issues with JLR screens, and I’m told that the manufacturer is also Pilkington, to the same design spec.
What I’m keen to know is whether there is an “investigation team” internally assessing these issues?
If so….
What are the parameters of their investigations?
On what timescales are they working to?
What has Ineos discovered so far?

For my personal interest, being in New Zealand, I’m also interested to know how many screens here have cracked already? Also how many spare screens are held in stock here on the opposite side of the globe?

My JLR issues are somewhat described here for your interest. Topic: “Windscreen Durability”

Many Thanks in advance
Pedro

Back
Top Bottom