The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment Console software improvements – INEOS wish-list - add your own

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
When miles/mph is selected for units:
Change the cruise control speed change input to + or - 1 mi/h instead of + or - 1 km/h.

Current programming causes drivers using miles to question whether the speed input buttons are working correctly, since the displayed target cruise control set speed does not change consistently with every button push. This reduces driver confidence in the vehicle.

Last edited:

Brunettc

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
Faster response from the touchscreen, Push to start ignition, One touch window down and Change the heat and AC controls from a slider bar to display the actual desired temp in F or C and upgrade the audio sound- even once you get the sub working on the premium package the sound is lacking.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
I would have to agree with the ability to acknowledge the Low Tyre Pressure warnings. I hate being reminded every 30 seconds that my Tyre is low. I know. I saw it the first 50 times you flashed at me. LOL. And even when I did fill them, it took forever for the warnings to clear.

Also, it would be nice to have a mixed Favorite Radio Station selection. Like your favorite radio stations along with favorite XM in the same place. Haven't had the car long enough to find any other small things that could use a fix, but those ones stuck out to me.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
Somehow have the ability to go 'dark screen' when the vehicle is off and the key removed after driving (but still sitting in the vehicle). When I'm waiting for my wife in the grocery parking lot at night I don't need a brightly lit screen in front of me killing my night vision.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
Somehow have the ability to go 'dark screen' when the vehicle is off and the key removed after driving (but still sitting in the vehicle). When I'm waiting for my wife in the grocery parking lot at night I don't need a brightly lit screen in front of me killing my night vision.

Maybe another Ineos Forum product for @Stu_Barnes - Fold down or snap on Screen Shield? Like a welding helmet visor. Or maybe just a slip-over soft cover held in place with magnets/velcro.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Maybe another Ineos Forum product for @Stu_Barnes - Fold down or snap on Screen Shield? Like a welding helmet visor. Or maybe just a slip-over soft cover held in place with magnets/velcro.
Did you know you can turn it off? At least the right part of it. I forgot how. Think you have to press mute for a little longer.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
Did you know you can turn it off? At least the right part of it. I forgot how. Think you have to press mute for a little longer.
HARD REBOOT OF INFOTAINMENT UNIT
If you hold down the MUTE Button, half of the screen will go blank. If you keep holding down the MUTE Button the whole screen will go blank. Then remove your finger from the MUTE Button and the whole Infotainment Console does a hard reboot. It can fix some issues with the console, for example, the fuel gauge is not showing.

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When miles/mph is selected for units:
Change the cruise control speed change input to + or - 1 mi/h instead of + or - 1 km/h.

Current programming causes drivers using miles to question whether the speed input buttons are working correctly, since the displayed target cruise control set speed does not change consistently with every button push. This reduces driver confidence in the vehicle.
FWIW: One needs to bear in mind that the cruise control buttons are also used to adjust speed using 'downhill assist'. Increments based on kmh rather than mph, or fractions thereof, have the advantage of providing a greater degree of "fine tuning" when negotiating tricky sections...

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
EGT and TURBO BOOST
INEOS please give us this detail on screen somewhere, both are very important to monitor when towing.

If EGT go above 550C they should be monitored, above 650C you should do something now and over 700C risks a blown motor. So allow us to see this information and be proactive when towing.

Erratic PSI on a turbo can signal a problem, or the PSI is too high is another danger sign.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a transmission overheat alarm?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a transmission overheat alarm?
The transmission temperature is monitored on the TEMPERATURES screen, so I would say yes.

I have only ever shown Green for me, but if it is like other Alerts it goes Amber then Red when temps goes too high..

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The transmission temperature is monitored on the TEMPERATURES screen, so I would say yes.
I use that screen as my "favourite" option.
But I need someone else (with a 3.5T caravan) tow uphill in high range to test it for me :)
Not that I have a 3.5T caravan.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From my recent shake down trip I would make these observations (AU Spec Diesel with roofrack, not fully loaded):

The engine oil temp in the Grenadier responds quickly to how hard the engine is working, so I have been using that instead of EGT and Boost for the time being - it better than nothing.

For just the car (no van) below 80kph, engine oil temperatures often around 92 to 95C. Over 100 kph it can be between 97 and 103C, but climb as high as 110C. Temp is still Green at 110C. Once the hill or long incline goes the engine oil temp often drops quickly to the bottom of the range. Driving for an extended period can cause it to go a bit higher due to heat build up.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
INEOS needs to explain that omission.
I suspect that it was a software bug in the new software release, but rather than holdup the much needed software update to fix all the other issues they went ahead. I reckon that the petrol engine will get another software update to correct the omission in due course. I can't see it being a deliberate omission for some unknown reason.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
In addition to a larger picture for the reverse camera I want the „off-road“ screen as it was bevor the software up-date. This was very good….. no idea why it was deleted…..

Back
Top Bottom