The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Fusilier

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
It would be a brave chap to choose rescue yellow!

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Looks like a Tank 300 - blah.

A mate of mine said something funny today.

He thought they should have called it the Grenadier Sport.
That would have really gotten up Land Rover’s nose. 😂
And Ford's ;)

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Two modern diesels in a row, here. MB Sprinter 2015 & 2021, 3.0L V6 turbo diesel. I am nothing but very pleased with them. 🤷‍♂️
Not saying you can’t be happy with them, but I come from mechanical diesels and VW ALH. Any diesel advantage was sucked right down the emissions holes of modern diesels.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
It reminds me very much to a Suzuki. - The topic of electric and offroading and in particular overlanding? Seriously no. Lots of people now looking at it . It reminds me very much to a new G.. perhaps cheaper than a Merc. If somebody considers this vehicle - the question is for what purpose.
we do not need to discuss on features,
amenities or offroad capability.. if the range is 200-300kms. And in off road / high payload likely less than that.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t help but think it’s one of these but for adults.

1708769225707.jpeg

Bring it on though!

If we’re collectively going to invite these ludicrously heavy, expensive and (in Australia) coal-powered BEVs made from unobtainium on supply chains we don’t control onto our streets then let’s have something that doesn’t come from an overhyped Californian dream factory or China or both. Vive la différence etc.

Very interested to know more about the engineering that’s in it.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My recurring point about Tasmania not really being part of Australia is reinforced ;)
Tazzie being from Sydney I‘m bound to the pretense that whatever holds true for NSW holds true for the Commonwealth.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Tazzie being from Sydney I‘m bound to the pretense that whatever holds true for NSW holds true for the Commonwealth.
KIng Mountbatten-Windsor is losing his hold, and the further the territory , the weaker the grasp!
Anyway , I wonder what battery technology will be used in the Fuse.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
KIng Mountbatten-Windsor is losing his hold, and the further the territory , the weaker the grasp!
Commonwealth of Australia that is… 🙂

This sort of thing might be great down your way. Rolling silently through the forest around Mt Field or similar would be magic.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
This sort of thing might be great down your way. Rolling silently through the forest around Mt Field or similar would be magic.
The Lake Dobson road to the Tarn Shelf will rattle the falsies out and loosen all the terminals.
Mind you my wife's Volvo ev made it up there last year.

Gaffer

Production/Transit
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I suppose originally and now Fusiliers are used to avoid igniting things. Back then, it was of artillery powder by soldiers, who were given flintlocks instead of more dangerous matchlocks. Now it is though the Fusilier trucks not using gasoline or diesel fuel.

Gaffer

Production/Transit
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe the Fusilier is, along with the Grenadier, part of a large series of vehicles with the theme of a 18th century British soldiers. There could be vehicles called "Guard", "Ranger", "Dragoon", "Lancer" and "Hussar". Heck, the last three could be motorcycles! I don't know how they would accommodate Battalion or Light Companies into unique vehicle names but perhaps the marketing folks are working this out. :)

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe the Fusilier is, along with the Grenadier, part of a large series of vehicles with the theme of a 18th century British soldiers. There could be vehicles called "Guard", "Ranger", "Dragoon", "Lancer" and "Hussar". Heck, the last three could be motorcycles! I don't know how they would accommodate Battalion or Light Companies into unique vehicle names but perhaps the marketing folks are working this out. :)
Perhaps Sir Jim has a Napoleonic War diorama in his country house and we’re just working left to right.

Back
Top Bottom