The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Fusilier

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
The Fusilier is a SUV and not an Offroader. But I understand why Ineos is building it.
I guess the Grenadier will be built with both Diesel and petrol beyond 2035 for countries that permit combustion engines and of course commercial (N) versions.
But until then there is a lot of water flowing down Thames and Rhine..the EU will face a couple of other issues first before the ban on combustion engines will be enforced.

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
What is a range extender
I've posted about these guys before, Edison Motors. They use a 3.6 liter Cat diesel to run an onboard generator in their pickup conversion kit that is used in trucks up to around 10,000kg GVW. They have the ability to recharge via regenerative braking as well as plug in. https://www.edisonmotors.ca/edison-pickup-kit

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Other range extenders have been a little more exotic; BMW had a converted petrol bike engine, Mazda have a small rotary engine, (Wankel), the Jaguar concept car, the Jaguar C-X75, had two diesel micro jet engines, (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_C-X75), from Blaydon Jets, (which Tata own now, they bought me and every other private shareholder out).

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"It will be heavier than the Grenadier, as well as lower and shorter."

The article also says it will cost MORE than a Grenadier.

I don't get it.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is Jim a really tall guy? The fusilier looks very small. Definitely Jeep Liberty vibes.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here's more info. DaBull
Looks like Magna is building it in Graz, which certainly adds to the cost.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that I ordered my iX company car from BMW 2 weeks ago, they are coming round the corner with it.
But it certainly wouldn't be in the portfolio.
I would have bought it, but the name. Phew, then I would have preferred the American translation: Rifleman. ;) :ROFLMAO:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
This is a SUV. no doubt. But for countries like Austria, Netherlands and other places with a
emission based tax on registration such as in Austria called NOVA (in German Normverbrauchsabgabe) what makes a classic Grenadier next to impossible to own or to travel into central London.
Yep.. its built for purpose too but for a different one.
So be it.. - It is rather unlikely I will purchase or own such a fuss.
Glad to own the real one. And now close to 5000km I am glad having purchased it. Does the job as expected. Becomes better with every km driven. Received its 2nd pressure wash since hand over and that was really needed.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if we could get the range extender for the USA Grenadier? We could call it diesel version.

Yeah, I'd love a diesel choice here in North America.

Until then ... Grenadier Range Extenders come in your choice of size and colours. ;)

No factory or dealer installation required. Available everywhere. Also compatible with any gas motor made in the last century.

1708711225549.png

Back
Top Bottom