The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos considering US production and new models

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
Not surprise by this at all. Although our destination charge is a bargin it is still a great idea.

AM General and other companies could easily be a contract builder in situations like these. Strangely enough the R-Class mercedes was built in by AM General in Indiana and only for export as at the time the R-Class was not sold in the US.

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
Great info thx for posting.

Of note is this quote “Calder also confirmed Ineos is planning two new 4x4 models for launch after recently announced Fusilier goes on sale in 2027. Though she did not provide any detail, Calder said one model will be smaller than the Grenadier, and one will be larger, which suggests it will likely offer three-row seating. Both will be highly off-road capable 4x4 vehicles, though not quite as hardcore as the Grenadier and Grenadier Quartermaster”

So 2 new models in addition to the Fusilier after 2027. Looking forward to seeing the renderings when released!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So 2 new models in addition to the Fusilier after 2027. Looking forward to seeing the renderings when released!
This all is similar to what was talked about a year ago during the PTO2 tour in the US, so it is nice to know that things are still going to plan

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Great info thx for posting.

Of note is this quote “Calder also confirmed Ineos is planning two new 4x4 models for launch after recently announced Fusilier goes on sale in 2027. Though she did not provide any detail, Calder said one model will be smaller than the Grenadier, and one will be larger, which suggests it will likely offer three-row seating. Both will be highly off-road capable 4x4 vehicles, though not quite as hardcore as the Grenadier and Grenadier Quartermaster”

I immediately thought of 2 door short wheelbase and a very long wheelbase for the six seater.

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
Canadian company Magna, who we all know engineered the Grenadier through their subsidiary Magna Steyr, is the largest automotive parts and systems supplier in North America so not a huge leap to get them involved with manufacturing here. As a bonus perhaps the North American models could drop some of the more euro centric 'features' that a worldwide model is required to contain.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
That would be amazing. I want to add a Quartermaster to the Stable in 2 + years, but that 15K tax is a killer. If they did build them here I would definitely pop for one instead of the less robustly built Gladiator!

Local time
Reaction score
Hm. I wonder if Jeep would respond by making a Gladiator with an actual payload at 60% the cost and 1000 ponds lighter. A true D130 hicap. I think a 3/4 ton gladiator would be awesome. Other than that, at 90,000, I don't see them pilfering gladiator sales, although my neighbor does seem to by stuff just to buy stuff. It seems more of an option for the xltlariotplatinumkingranch crowd that blows 90g on something utterly devoid of purpose.

Local time
Reaction score
Seems like Ineos is here to stay and play!
Maybe. Maybe if one announces stuff and cancels, it worries investors, so you string it out until you find an out. I'll be less negative when it's less press release and more plant purchases.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
They ain't in the pilfering jeep sales market. Maybe the Land Cruiser market as, in the USA, the last real Land Cruiser was imported in 2021.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hm. I wonder if Jeep would respond by making a Gladiator with an actual payload at 60% the cost and 1000 ponds lighter. A true D130 hicap. I think a 3/4 ton gladiator would be awesome. Other than that, at 90,000, I don't see them pilfering gladiator sales, although my neighbor does seem to by stuff just to buy stuff. It seems more of an option for the xltlariotplatinumkingranch crowd that blows 90g on something utterly devoid of purpose.
I think Jeep will respond with a lawsuit claiming they own the likeness to anything that looks like a Jeep. lol

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe. Maybe if one announces stuff and cancels, it worries investors, so you string it out until you find an out. I'll be less negative when it's less press release and more plant purchases.
What investors? They are privately owned.

I think it would make a TON of sense to let Magna manufacture grenadiers at one of their many North America (including Mexico) facilities. We could see the overall cost of Grenadiers drop dramatically.

I'm OK with that as long as quality remains high.

Last edited:

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
Magna building in NA would definitely leverage adoption of the vehicle in North, Central and South America if they priced it accordingly.

Imo If they added a goosed Cummins 2.8L Diesel with a manual transmission and NA Dana or equal drivetrain option they’d have to bar the doors to keep people from overrunning the dealers to get them.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Magna building in NA would definitely leverage adoption of the vehicle in North, Central and South America if they priced it accordingly.

Imo If they added a goosed Cummins 2.8L Diesel with a manual transmission and NA Dana or equal drivetrain option they’d have to bar the doors to keep people from overrunning the dealers to get them.
be still my heart. I'd take any Diesel at this point. I think the 2.8 might be a little under powered.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
be still my heart. I'd take any Diesel at this point. I think the 2.8 might be a little under powered.
I would never buy a modern diesel. That ship has sailed.

Ok, maybe when I win the lottery, move to WA (Western Australia) and have to contend with their fake gasoline.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
They could do that but, it to would still be a Jeep and still an ugly one at that. At least the Quartermaster has first class styling and off road prowess.

Back
Top Bottom