The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Interesting quote from Lynn Calder on US spec vehicles

Donny

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
"We've learned a lot (after the start of European production). It's not a vastly different vehicle that we're building, but the US will, I hope, customers will be the determinant, but the U.S. will benefit from everything we learned last year. And we'll be getting a kind of more modern configuration of the car.”

This was from an Autoweek article about the Quartermaster launch at Goodwood. Seems like they're taking lessons learned from early deliveries and making adjustments before building US spec vehicles. As a US buyer, I'm pumped to hear this! Lots more info in the article.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/truck...pickup-talks-3-more-models-coming-after-that/

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 PM
Reaction score
I hope we don't see a bump in price as seen in other markets.

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If they do, I'm hitting the eject button.
I think the pre-Reservation holders will be fine even if they bump up the prices in USA.
But we still have to fight the ADM or other hidden charges with the dealers, if any lol. (Still a Gray area)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
"We've learned a lot (after the start of European production). It's not a vastly different vehicle that we're building, but the US will, I hope, customers will be the determinant, but the U.S. will benefit from everything we learned last year. And we'll be getting a kind of more modern configuration of the car.”

This was from an Autoweek article about the Quartermaster launch at Goodwood. Seems like they're taking lessons learned from early deliveries and making adjustments before building US spec vehicles. As a US buyer, I'm pumped to hear this! Lots more info in the article.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/truck...pickup-talks-3-more-models-coming-after-that/
I can’t help but feel that as being a bit condescending. Dismissive of the RoW markets almost.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t help but feel that as being a bit condescending. Dismissive of the RoW markets almost.
Agreed, but as sales person, I can see the spin she is trying to put out there. I also think she referencing a more modern car being the new nannies

Local time
Reaction score
Ineos needs to upgrade the weight handling capabiities for NA quartermasters. It seems they are being held to some arbitrarily low GVW to comply with an EU?GB tax regulation and that derating leaves them less than competetive in the NA market. I've read on the forum that there are a number of spring upgrades for the station wagon based on options ordered so some upgrading GVW/payload seems possible.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
I hope we don't see a bump in price as seen in other markets.
The bump in other markets is because of the switch from MY23 to MY24. The North American vehicles were always starting with MY24, so our pricing includes the "bump" the RoW is now seeing

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The US is their largest market (by country)

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t need it for coffee. Want it to fit a nalgene bottle like my tundra.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t need it for coffee. Want it to fit a nalgene bottle like my tundra.
Etsy, plenty of people selling 3D printed adapters... We use them in the Sprinter as replacement cupholders aren't available for it like the Tundra ? Tacoma

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Agreed, but as sales person, I can see the spin she is trying to put out there. I also think she referencing a more modern car being the new nannies
Quite true I think

Back
Top Bottom