The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fusilier Press Release

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
"INEOS AUTOMOTIVE INTRODUCES THE INEOS FUSILIER -

ONE VEHICLE, TWO POWERTRAINS

INEOS Automotive has unveiled its third model line - the INEOS Fusilier.
  • The new 4X4 will offer two powertrain options to meet global consumer needs: an all-electric and a range-extender electric.
  • The vehicle will be slightly smaller than the INEOS Grenadier, offering world class performance on- and off-road, developed in conjunction with industry-leading automotive supplier, Magna.
  • Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Chairman of INEOS says, “The Fusilier is a great looking vehicle, and the two powertrain options provide a real-world reduction in carbon emissions without compromise to the off-road capability or the on-road performance. We’re excited to bring our electric 4X4 to market but we are beginning to understand the clear limitations of battery electric in certain situations. We believe the addition of a range extender electric to our line-up will offer our customers a very low emission drive without the range anxiety drivers of electric vehicles experience today.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

London, 23 February 2024 – INEOS Automotive has unveiled its brand new 4X4 vehicle, the INEOS Fusilier, following the confirmation of a zero-emission model line in May 2022. The new vehicle will deliver world-class off-road capability, with zero compromise to on-road performance, and offers both zero and low emission options.

Unveiled in London by Sir Jim Ratcliffe, it was confirmed that alongside the previously announced all-electric powertrain (BEV), a low emission range-extender electric is in development to ensure the INEOS Fusilier meets the broadest range of global consumer needs whilst pushing towards decarbonisation. The range-extender option consists of a small petrol engine that powers a generator to maintain the charge level of the battery for when external charging isn’t available. Confirmation of the alternative powertrain details and launch timings are expected by autumn 2024.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Chairman of INEOS, says; “As we developed this vehicle, we quickly concluded that in order to move towards decarbonisation but continue making cars that consumers want to drive, we need a mix of powertrain technologies. BEVs are perfect for certain uses: shorter trips and urban deliveries, but industry and governments need to have realistic expectations around other technologies that can help accelerate the necessary pace of change. That is the reason we are offering an additional powertrain for the Fusilier, one that dramatically reduces emissions but has the range and refuelling capabilities needed.

Developed in conjunction with industry-leading automotive supplier, Magna, which will also manufacture the vehicle in its facility in Graz, Austria, the INEOS Fusilier will represent a unique proposition for customers. Building on the Grenadier’s DNA with a modern direction and distinctive identity, the new 4X4 will be slightly shorter in length and slightly lower in height. It will be built on a bespoke skateboard platform with a steel top hat and underbody, and aluminium doors and closures.

INEOS partnered with Magna on the development of the Grenadier station wagon and Quartermaster pick-up. As one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and independent contract manufacturers, Magna produces a number of conventional ICE, hybrid and electric vehicles for various automakers. Part of the development process for the INEOS Fusilier will include a rigorous testing programme on Austria's Schöckl mountain, close to Magna's complete vehicle assembly facility in Graz.

Lynn Calder, CEO of INEOS Automotive, comments; “Announcing our third model line is another significant milestone for INEOS Automotive, cementing our intent as an automotive manufacturer – like our full vehicle line-up, we are here for the long-haul.”
Demonstrating its wider commitment to future decarbonisation, INEOS Automotive also unveiled a Grenadier Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology Demonstrator at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in July 2023. The Demonstrator proves that the technology for a hydrogen powered 4X4 is capable and ready for production, but the refuelling infrastructure needs to be in place before it is commercially viable.

-Ends-"

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
Can't wait to learn more about the range extend/hybrid setup. Would like to know ranges and such. Not sure if there is something out there looking the same, will certainly sit well in the around town rugged look crowd.

RunBikeDive

🔺 🌎 🔺
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pics of the Fusilier..

Attachments

• 8D514931-02FF-4A4E-B253-E8182BB50002.jpeg
    8D514931-02FF-4A4E-B253-E8182BB50002.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 59
  • C9983743-34C4-4BD7-9DF8-F328BE7C29C0.jpeg
    C9983743-34C4-4BD7-9DF8-F328BE7C29C0.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 56
  • B20360AD-88EF-465A-B681-467456729550.jpeg
    B20360AD-88EF-465A-B681-467456729550.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 37A77E04-93D6-4F8C-BC91-026B9F0D3574.jpeg
    37A77E04-93D6-4F8C-BC91-026B9F0D3574.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 58
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Wouldnt mind replacing my wifes outback wilderness with the extender model, looks like itll be about the same storage space

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yea? So we have the station wagon, the quarter master, and now the Fusilier…. And I’m still months away with no real insights as to when I’ll get my order. I’d have to say that this announcement made me feel more deep funk about Ineos than I have a long time. I guess it is good that they are planning for the future- but being totally selfish, I feel like I’ve been forgotten. Also, when are these due to come out? It has to be at least 3 years before we see one? ‘Overdriving’ your headlights with new models depresses people buying current models. I guess more models makes for a more viability (maybe), but if it depresses demand for current models?
I see that they have given up on Hydrogen. I guess electric is the future, especially for the EU. EV car demand has cooled here in the US.
It is a sharp looking truck. Definately more G-wagon, which I guess will fit with the EV drive. I’m not nessasarily anti EV. An SUV EV with solar panels or even an immmersible river generator or windmill would be interesting as a trekking vehicle for lazy trips/vacations. (I think a Pipercub, battery powered, on floats with solar cell wings would be a HOOT to do backcountry fishing in).

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
Yea? So we have the station wagon, the quarter master, and now the Fusilier…. And I’m still months away with no real insights as to when I’ll get my order. I’d have to say that this announcement made me feel more deep funk about Ineos than I have a long time. I guess it is good that they are planning for the future- but being totally selfish, I feel like I’ve been forgotten. Also, when are these due to come out? It has to be at least 3 years before we see one? ‘Overdriving’ your headlights with new models depresses people buying current models. I guess more models makes for a more viability (maybe), but if it depresses demand for current models?
I see that they have given up on Hydrogen. I guess electric is the future, especially for the EU. EV car demand has cooled here in the US.
It is a sharp looking truck. Definately more G-wagon, which I guess will fit with the EV drive. I’m not nessasarily anti EV. An SUV EV with solar panels or even an immmersible river generator or windmill would be interesting as a trekking vehicle for lazy trips/vacations. (I think a Pipercub, battery powered, on floats with solar cell wings would be a HOOT to do backcountry fishing in).
Have you looked at the hundreds of formerly ordered units that are now in dealer inventory? Some of the dealers have pics and descriptions of the units on their websites. There may not be a 100% match with your specs, but there should be something really close.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you looked at the hundreds of formerly ordered units that are now in dealer inventory? Some of the dealers have pics and descriptions of the units on their websites. There may not be a 100% match with your specs, but there should be something really close.
Is there a way to search that efficiently? I haven’t even seen one listed at my dealer, and the only one I’ve see out there was the Cars&Bids one.

Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
The originally touted Hydrogen fuel cell collaboration with hyundai heavy industries was one of the reasons I became interested in the Ineos Automotive project from the outset. Osborne Effect (cancelling orders for current models when a new one is announced and the impact on sales flow of existing shelf stock) for EVs is definitely strong and we are a long way from moderately mature vehicle power storage solutions, and we here in the wilds of far northern Australia are eons away from a solid charging infrastructure solution - especially as the weight of electricity in our state is coal fired. We consistently have blackouts of hours in duration and that happens outside of cyclone season. I want to have a cleaner option with the capabilities maintained of my existing fleet of vehicles and the Fusilier sounds like a good option. Unfortunately, unless they come up with a genius range extender and battery combination, we will end up with the same scenario of most PHEV and current petrol powered hybrids which are both seen as old technology and continue to burn petrol. Oh, and that the Ineos Automotive are producing vehicles at the current prices, with the most common comparitor vehicle being a G-wagon (by those privileged enough to drive or own both) at twice the price or more is an absolute triumph. May the Ineos Fusilier kick equal goals and stick it up the pending Mercedes EQG!

Local time
Reaction score
Like the baby G vibe but not interested in an electric vehicle "until" they have better range capability and when batteries hold power in a cold climate. I understand Toyota is working on solid state batteries that have more power, are smaller in size, quicker charging, and longer range capability. Wish it was available in 2025 with gas engine....I'd be buying.

Local time
Reaction score
Did I read correctly that Fusilier would not be available until 2027? That's forever in the car market.

Back
Top Bottom