The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Interesting quote from Lynn Calder on US spec vehicles

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
It shuts off the car if the car thinks you are tired or drunk? Or if your social score or zone pass for the city is approved…

And I’ll just point out that it is going to have issues with people with glasses on and while no one else will say it, but I will, it will probably shut the car down on certain minorities. Just sayin’.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It shuts off the car if the car thinks you are tired or drunk? Or if your social score or zone pass for the city is approved…

And I’ll just point out that it is going to have issues with people with glasses on and while no one else will say it, but I will, it will probably shut the car down on certain minorities. Just sayin’.
I don't believe any vehicle with this technology has yet to actually implement any type of "shut down" for what it's worth...

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
If that comes to pass, I'll gracefully never buy a new car again.
My plan is that this will probably be my last new car. Maybe not, but that's the plan, and rationale for buying it, that it'll last me the rest of my life. I'm 54, so I'm hoping for at least 30 more years.

Local time
Reaction score
There was a rivian accident recently where the truck, from a stop, appeared to accelerate (hard) in its own. Hard to say if it was user error or the truck but I’m thinking rivian might have a SW patch coming out soon (maybe for CC?). Watch out for the Singularity! :p

Local time
Reaction score
@IG_in_AZ you’re too young for this to be your last car:) you will certainly want to upgrade to the “Ineos Trader Vic’s” powered by Mr Fusion in 2026.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My plan is that this will probably be my last new car. Maybe not, but that's the plan, and rationale for buying it, that it'll last me the rest of my life. I'm 54, so I'm hoping for at least 30 more years.
This is my thinking. I turned 57 yesterday and got to test drive it on pavement at Sewell Dallas. It's still more than I want to spend, but if it lasts...? I have quibbles with it, but I would with anything. They said I'm looking at a March ETA, so plenty of time to think.

If anyone is wondering how it sizes up to an FJ Cruiser, here are a couple of pics. In the 2nd pic you can see the progress on their shop in the background. End of year move in is their hope.

PXL_20231101_180900732.jpgPXL_20231101_180813241.jpg

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
This is my thinking. I turned 57 yesterday and got to test drive it on pavement at Sewell Dallas. It's still more than I want to spend, but if it lasts...? I have quibbles with it, but I would with anything. They said I'm looking at a March ETA, so plenty of time to think.

If anyone is wondering how it sizes up to an FJ Cruiser, here are a couple of pics. In the 2nd pic you can see the progress on their shop in the background. End of year move in is their hope.

View attachment 7831534View attachment 7831535
The Grenadier dwarfs the FJCruiser!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I feel like every trialmaster that dealers received was in Musgroom color. I bet it's the most request, what does it look like color.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I feel like every trialmaster that dealers received was in Musgroom color. I bet it's the most request, what does it look like color.
It was the color that it felt like everyone wanted to see for the first half of the US PTO2 tour, after that, it faded from popularity and people wanted to see the more unique colors like Queens Red, Sela Green, and Shale Blue.

Apparently the similarities between the dealer demos are specifically because that is what was available at the time

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7831534View attachment 7831535
Hi Reducs
Absolutely love Ouray too. Awesome place in winter, just sad we had young kids when we were there and the Silverton crew wouldn’t let us all ski there 😞

Local time
Reaction score
I agree with you.
Whatever happened to people taking responsibility for their own actions.
If you do not have the ability to steer a vehicle within your lane, brake when needed and identify when you are getting too tired to drive then pull over and take a break or a nap.
That's very nice, but that doesn't solve the issue of other people being injured when that person doesn't pull over. If everyone played by the rules, we wouldn't need police or the military either.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
That's very nice, but that doesn't solve the issue of other people being injured when that person doesn't pull over. If everyone played by the rules, we wouldn't need police or the military either.

I'm reminded of a family member who opted to voluntarily stop driving because they were concerned about their diminishing eyesight, their slowing reflexes, and the crazy way people had begun driving compared to when they learned to operate a vehicle. This was in the 1960s.

If I'm honest it would be extremely difficult to make that sort of decision today. Driving has now become so terribly important in every day life. Sadly, some people will never give it a second thought and simply drive on. And on. And on.

I'll put up with the few time-proven safety features that come in the Grenadier. It's the "subjective" ones that I wish weren't making it to the US like DiTzY dRiVeR or lane warden Billy J. Club👮‍♂️. It will be nigh on impossible to turn these off and remain within the bounds of the law. I had so hoped for the last of the 2022 models before the hinted-at nannies became de facto. Thanks a bunch Ineos lawyers.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How many vehicles do you think they will sell in the US?
Then try to work out other regions
They maybe limited to 5000 first year as new manufacturer NITSA reg but not sure

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Are conical grinders bad?
I own coffee shops in the Midwest. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Flat Burrs: popular amongst 3rd wave coffee shops. Their burrs produce similar fines (particle sizes). Predominantly this type of grinder is only popular in USA.

CONICAL burrs: this is proper way, to pull an espresso. Will not find a single coffee shop in the whole of Italy using anything other than conical burr grinders due to the fact these burrs produce two shapes of fines (particle sizes), which is important. The smaller of the two fines slows down the extraction, allowing the big fines to really have all the goodness extracted out of them.

Important note: conical grinders are always the commercial equipment most expensive model. We use a Mazzer Robur S in our coffee shops, and it is easily the range topping grinder from Mazzer in Venice, Italy.

What any coffee drinker should be primarily concerned about is not so much equipment as discussed here, but bean oxidation and its major contributing factor to “flat/dead” espresso shots. Just like when you cut an apple, and let it sit on the counter to turn brown (oxidation), the same
Happens to roasted coffee. You just can’t see it because the coffee is already roasted dark.

Conclusion: as a coffee shop owner who imports his coffee himself from Rome, Italy. Prioritize freshness of beans (oxidation NOT roast date), a bag of beans, once the bag is opened, will fully oxidize in about 36 hours. Next time you go to grab an espresso, ask to see the shot’s immediate after extraction, if it does have a head of Crema on the top (like a Guinness Beer), it’s stale beans AKA a flat shot, AKA garbage!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I look forward to stopping in when we're passing through your area in January (y)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score

Flat Burrs: popular amongst 3rd wave coffee shops. Their burrs produce similar fines (particle sizes). Predominantly this type of grinder is only popular in USA.

CONICAL burrs: this is proper way, to pull an espresso. Will not find a single coffee shop in the whole of Italy using anything other than conical burr grinders due to the fact these burrs produce two shapes of fines (particle sizes), which is important. The smaller of the two fines slows down the extraction, allowing the big fines to really have all the goodness extracted out of them.

Important note: conical grinders are always the commercial equipment most expensive model. We use a Mazzer Robur S in our coffee shops, and it is easily the range topping grinder from Mazzer in Venice, Italy.

What any coffee drinker should be primarily concerned about is not so much equipment as discussed here, but bean oxidation and its major contributing factor to “flat/dead” espresso shots. Just like when you cut an apple, and let it sit on the counter to turn brown (oxidation), the same
Happens to roasted coffee. You just can’t see it because the coffee is already roasted dark.

Conclusion: as a coffee shop owner who imports his coffee himself from Rome, Italy. Prioritize freshness of beans (oxidation NOT roast date), a bag of beans, once the bag is opened, will fully oxidize in about 36 hours. Next time you go to grab an espresso, ask to see the shot’s immediate after extraction, if it does have a head of Crema on the top (like a Guinness Beer), it’s stale beans AKA a flat shot, AKA garbage!
American cawfee gets bagged out so much it is good to see there is someone over there doing proper coffee
I didn't think anyone drank espresso over here.
Shows you how bad stereotyping is.

Back
Top Bottom