The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

IG alternative to Jeep ducks- add-on for the utility rail?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
I was thinking about the Jeep use of ducks left for other owners. For the IG, I think that the cargo rail on the side would be a perfect way to acknowledge someone’s IG. Make something compatible with that attachment point. My idea is that you take the standard attachement point, and then something personalized as the item. I have 3D printers, so the attachment and the personalized part would be pretty easy to produce. I’m already thinking about utility items that could use the rail and also silly things- like the engine nacelles to the Star TRek Enterprise.

Maybe some mountains? A small bust of Sir Jimmy? Or maybe a miniature 2-d model of your own IG? Or little train cars since it is a track..

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Since you mention the ducks, how did this trend start? I’ve owned Jeeps/Wranglers for a long time, but moved on after my ‘17Raptor and now the duck thing?? I seem to mostly notice them in Wranglers driven by women😂

My vote is for the ubiquitous Hawaiian hula dancer bobble😜…on the dash.

For the rails, maybe small flag/country, state emblems that people can add for every place theI’ve been with their rig?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand... :) It does seem to be a girl thing.

I notice that the Grenadier portrait outside the pub has a bushy moustache, maybe a mustache that locks into the L rail. I have a piece of L rail comming so that I can playa round with attachment stuff in general ( a cup holder will be first) and maybe something IG specific.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
My wife had someone leave a small rubber duck on her old Jeep's hood about six months back. Didn't realize this was a "thing". She was less than an hour from UO in oregon so we just assumed it was related to their mascot.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A cup holder for the L Track? Isn't that what a fender* is for?

* Wing
Forgot that these actually have flat tops to the front fenders. Every try to put a plastic cup on a modern car? They just slide off....

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
What about a pair of big game fishing outriggers?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What about a pair of big game fishing outriggers?
Funny, I was playing around with the math on how big of pontoons would be needed to turn the IG into an amphib- not that there is a lot of water in CO.

Maybe the silhoutte of people in a canoe...
I'm gonna hate myself in the morning but here goes...

Gren-a-Deer.
Actually, a deer with a big brown furry hat would be kind of funny....

ETA: With a name like 255/85, is that an upsize to the standard tire size on an IG? Do you have any info on that?

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
ETA: With a name like 255/85, is that an upsize to the standard tire size on an IG? Do you have any info on that?

No, just a favorite tire size for my old trucks with 16" rims. 33+" tall, load range "E", and skinny so no hydroplaning on wet roads. I think Will at LR Workshop & Expedition mentioned them as a very common size on the African continent. I'll shoot for the 17" equivalent at our first Grenadier tire change if there are no mileage penalties.

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking about the Jeep use of ducks left for other owners. For the IG, I think that the cargo rail on the side would be a perfect way to acknowledge someone’s IG. Make something compatible with that attachment point. My idea is that you take the standard attachement point, and then something personalized as the item. I have 3D printers, so the attachment and the personalized part would be pretty easy to produce. I’m already thinking about utility items that could use the rail and also silly things- like the engine nacelles to the Star TRek Enterprise.

Maybe some mountains? A small bust of Sir Jimmy? Or maybe a miniature 2-d model of your own IG? Or little train cars since it is a track..
Shot glasses

Back
Top Bottom