The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Harrys Garage

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
I posted a comment too and received a somewhat standoffish reply. The ‘brexit bashers’ are no doubt having a great time but there is also a fair degree of kickback in the form of reasonable questioning of his review.
I have noted the venom with which some comments are posted on both FB and YouTube. Why the need to hate this vehicle so much? I can appreciate someone’s take on a product but I don’t need the bile. The beauty of this forum is constructive criticism is the order of the day along with some humour at times. Sadly, a lot of dicks on both YouTube and FB.

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He is certainly dong that - two videos very similar - only reason is revenue! I enjoy is pure car reviews, but him showing off kinds of becomes tedious at times.

This is the motivation - hits and comments: https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCIB5XXHNAWWzTOw6guIMYCg
If I was talented enough, it would be quite amusing to take Harry’s favourite Lotus and knock it for its lack of off-road ability, difficulty of climbing into, lack of luggage space, inability to carry four people, etc,etc. All the time referring to the fact these would not be issues with a Grenadier.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:08 AM
Reaction score
The algorithm or making money on youtube changed about 12 months ago?? to how many comments you get and how many likes and dislikes you get.
could be - not sure but I know that my daughter has her songs up on youtube and she gets about A$500 for every 10,000 views

EDIT: My daughter just told me that she got approximately A$1,500 for 100,000 views

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I was talented enough, it would be quite amusing to take Harry’s favourite Lotus and knock it for its lack of off-road ability, difficulty of climbing into, lack of luggage space, inability to carry four people, etc,etc. All the time referring to the fact these would not be issues with a Grenadier.
And of course what Lotus has built a long standing reputation and name for Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And of course what Lotus has built a long standing reputation and name for Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
Like with JLR, high unreliability record hasn’t dented sales of either. Likewise, slagging off the Grenadier won’t stop it getting the same sort of following as the G-Wagon.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Stopped at Fishguard in Wales this morning; fully loaded Defender in the car park. Said to my wife , what do you think , and she said "it's horrible!"
That's our fire breathing Citroen C4 next to it. All 1300cc of it. But it's all you need on the narrow roads we are using.

20230530_093442.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Stopped at Fishguard in Wales this morning; fully loaded Defender in the car park. Said to my wife , what do you think , and she said "it's horrible!"
That's our fire breathing Citroen C4 next to it. All 1300cc of it. But it's all you need on the narrow roads we are using.

View attachment 7814062
It looks better with the white top and chunky tires than blinged-out ones. But that ladder cracks me up (that is a ladder, right?). HTF am I reaching that first step? Then even making the first step from the ground to top of tire (which is over 30 inches) I'm supposed to swing my leg up to the actual ladder?

edit - does it somehow flip/slide down?

re-edit - thanks @Cheshire cat - I just looked it up and it's still a decent hop to step one and I'm not sure I'd want that weight pushing into the side of my truck, but sobeit

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It looks better with the white top and chunky tires than blinged-out ones. But that ladder cracks me up (that is a ladder, right?). HTF am I reaching that first step? Then even making the first step from the ground to top of tire (which is over 30 inches) I'm supposed to swing my leg up to the actual ladder?

edit - does it somehow flip/slide down?
Yes it does flip down. Had the same question myself a little while back.

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7814062
However the Defender pilot must have a great attitude - coming from Switzerland. So at the end we all want to breath this dusty adventurous air. It is all about attitude.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
could be - not sure but I know that my daughter has her songs up on youtube and she gets about A$500 for every 10,000 views

EDIT: My daughter just told me that she got approximately A$1,500 for 100,000 views
I regularly get a deposit from google/youtube for less than $1, which gets rounded down to $0.00

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I regularly get a deposit from google/youtube for less than $1, which gets rounded down to $0.00
You need to buy a bot that sets up a million fake emails and fake YT accts and then engages with your channel.
I'm sure there's a boffin here who knows how that works.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
I think Harry's head is about to explode. He did say that he lost a day of filming because of the electrical gremlins and he didnt want to show it. I'm unsure about that, maybe trying to save face. Everyone is now posting that his LinkedIn page shows he is a consultant to Land Rover.

I went and watched his defender video and guess what? He stopped and clicked the terrain response button and picked mud and ruts which requires you to go into low range. It also locks the center and rear diffs. Most people with limited knowledge of terrain response would have picked gravel, grass and snow since he was in a field. The tradeoff is GGS allows much more wheel spin prior to the diff locking. He knew that GGS would have failed going up the hill and chose the setting that locked the diffs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_091249_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530_091249_YouTube.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 51
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7814062
Great roofbox. Who makes it?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think Harry's head is about to explode. He did say that he lost a day of filming because of the electrical gremlins and he didnt want to show it.
This is the staggering bit to me - why would Ineos give any cars for influencers opinions - when they knew they had faults that were going to annoy the crap out of people? (The fact the they would give them to owners is another thread)

I can imagine Jeremy Clarkson’s tolerance of this kind of problem would be less that Harry’s. Patience isn’t one of his better qualities.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
If Clarkson has a Christmas tree lights come up on his dashboard then prepare for lift off.

He won’t tolerate Ineos sending him a vehicle that is riddled with faults like that and once he gets started he won’t stop.

I will be honest and say at that point IA will have to look inwards for the blame. Especially if they have offered him a vehicle and then give him one with a load of faults. It’s no good telling Clarkson “oh there’s an update soon”

Back
Top Bottom