The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Harrys Garage

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
Hicarus and I have just wasted two hours each of our lives trying to get this to work on a Galaxy A12 and his Grenadier. No usable instructions or explanations exist and the process of connecting is fraught with blind alleys and non-existent parameters that we are advised to change/confirm. Total jungle of obfuscation; sadly the device is going back…
Don't give up too early. I also struggled a little bit. It's mainly the bluetooth that you should confirm on your cell phone, if I remember. And there is a generic password for the device, in my case it was 1234 if I remember, but I am not sure, and can't find the mail back!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:48 AM
Reaction score
Also, make sure you have the latest software for the phone and AA app. Finally, make sure the wifi is turned on. Once you do all that go into the app and make sure the wireless AA is flipped on. It defaults to being off.

One last thing, if you haven't already connect to AA with a wire to set it up on your phone. Then connect via wireless.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
Hicarus and I have just wasted two hours each of our lives trying to get this to work on a Galaxy A12 and his Grenadier. No usable instructions or explanations exist and the process of connecting is fraught with blind alleys and non-existent parameters that we are advised to change/confirm. Total jungle of obfuscation; sadly the device is going back…
I found the instructions back, but no password, I was wrong. But there is a password for updating the software: 88888888.

Mine is an FC RoHS, made in China but bought in Holland.

There is an instruction to update the software (zoom in to make it readable):
1681583654.jpg
Beware that you should do this outside of your car, for instance inside your home.

I have to admit it is somewhat confusing anyway.

Only after that you go to your car and follow the other installation instructions.

For my dongle it was like this:
1. Make sure that you have already used Android Auto wired.
2. Plug the dongle into the USB port of your media player. (therfore the Grenadier)
3. Turn on bluetooth and wifi on your phone and connect with "smartdongle-xxxx" and approve the connection.
4. Continue on the screen of your car radio and enjoy the wireless connection with Android car.

There is an interesting video on Youtube:
Android Auto

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
I use an iPhone but need to connect via the cars Wi-Fi connection as well as Bluetooth for full functionality

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I use an iPhone but need to connect via the cars Wi-Fi connection as well as Bluetooth for full functionality
When connecting my iPhone, if I go via AirPlay, is seems to turn Bluetooth off. Doesn’t prevent me getting all the services I need so not that fussed.
Overall, definitely not the most intuitive system I have used. Hopefully, by the magic of software, it can be improved substantially.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Car play works on Wi-Fi not Bluetooth. On apple anyway. Not sure about android.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Car play works on Wi-Fi not Bluetooth. On apple anyway. Not sure about android.
This is my concern, android works on being hard wired. Car play works on wifi for apps and bluetooth for phone. But if you use a dongle, on android, it communicates by bluetooth as opposed to wifi. Bluetooth operates at a slower speed than wifi. Everyone on the forum using a dongle seems to get Google maps and/or Waze OK. ( Which does surprise me as they need a faster speed to operate smoothly). Which is good, but there might come a point going forward when using a different faster app or combination of apps that things start to stutter. However since it works ( and by the time I get my vehicle we'll have found out) I am going to get one as well.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is my concern, android works on being hard wired. Car play works on wifi for apps and bluetooth for phone. But if you use a dongle, on android, it communicates by bluetooth as opposed to wifi. Bluetooth operates at a slower speed than wifi. Everyone on the forum using a dongle seems to get Google maps and/or Waze OK. ( Which does surprise me as they need a faster speed to operate smoothly). Which is good, but there might come a point going forward when using a different faster app or combination of apps that things start to stutter. However since it works ( and by the time I get my vehicle we'll have found out) I am going to get one as well.
The aawireless dongle uses Wi-Fi, check out the faq on their web page.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The aawireless dongle uses Wi-Fi, check out the faq on their web page.
Yes that's the thing with this type of technology, things move so fast. I've done some Googleing most now appear to use 5Ghz wifi. I'll put off buying till the last minute, I need a new phone but I'll wait till the grenadier arrives, be on android 15 by then 🤣

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
why not just get an apple phone?

Back
Top Bottom