The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Harrys Garage

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
Odd if he hasn't worked for them for years that he would declare May 2023 as the end date?

Also look at his access to JLR products, a new Defender for what, a six month test; then there's his access to purchase project cars from Jaguar and he got a old Defender Spectre through the same route.
Coincidence
Pure coincidence

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
It seems he has been caught in a compromising position. But that comes with celebrity.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 46

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:04 PM
Reaction score
I agree with your first two points completely
On the third line I agree with the middle of the sentence, disagree with the last one and would like to get more info as to the first one's application.
I would be a bit worried of having either, but particularly the front diff, locked at 160kmh
I think the third line/point is just the logical/practical implementation of the first point.

In a word it's about choice ~ for an "analogue" vehicle all the differential locking inputs should come from the main central computer ~ the driver.

I can't imagine a scenario where I'd want the front diff locked at 160kmh, but that same thought process means I may never do it. I can imagine a scenario where the high low cable has jammed/snapped whilst in high range, and diff locks would be helpful but now unavailable.

I'm put in mind of Mercedes G wagen professional range which I think has an emergency button that disables much of the software derived safety features?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
I'm put in mind of Mercedes G wagen professional range which I think has an emergency button that disables much of the software derived safety features?
Pull a relay or 2?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
I think the third line/point is just the logical/practical implementation of the first point.

In a word it's about choice ~ for an "analogue" vehicle all the differential locking inputs should come from the main central computer ~ the driver.

I can't imagine a scenario where I'd want the front diff locked at 160kmh, but that same thought process means I may never do it. I can imagine a scenario where the high low cable has jammed/snapped whilst in high range, and diff locks would be helpful but now unavailable.

The problem is you strike me as an experienced intelligent person, so you can be trusted to make common sense decisions.
Ineos lawyers are probably telling the engineers to take into account that there are donkeys out there.
Not uncommon to snap a driveshaft so if it was to the rear then it would be good to be able to lock the front and drive on front wheel drive only
Probably stick to low range if in the desert but who knows
As you said if the theory is old school manual............................ then do it

Local time
Reaction score
l have watched the entire video and l think the review is quite good, and it's actually made me want a Grenadier more.

There's nothing in the review that has put me off getting one.

The Grenadier in the review looks fabulous and that colour will now probably be the one l specify on my order.

Sadly l can't afford the Trialmaster version, it will have to be the Commercial.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found them disappointing - I have watched his channels for several years and I always found him to be knowledgeable and sensible in his critiques . Watching these and counting up the number of errors he made troubles me - are there also a host of errors in his other output

he is a big fan of tech and performance cars and I didn’t expect him to like the Grenadier but I did expect him to

- be able (as a farmer and long standing motoring journalist) to be able to operate the diff locks
- know how to fold the rear seats to get a flat floor (head rests off - store in base - seat bench folded out seat back folded flat)
- to be more positive about the full access to the rear load space as the defender is appalling with the curved doors
- know a raise intake isn’t a snorkel
- etc

steering - rear doors - footrest - turning circle all seemed to be big things for him

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesss this is the new G class that they are marketing to militaries . Read a bit about it it is epic !!! On paper . The override switch is a very nuclear option where the thing will run until the engine welds itself. From the info outhere it seems pretty cool .

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
He said he is going to do a review form the farm side of things maybe thats better.
Most important difference: He put wellies on. Haha.
Apart from that basically same footage and BS.

This insults the intelligence of any viewer.

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
Odd if he hasn't worked for them for years that he would declare May 2023 as the end date?

Also look at his access to JLR products, a new Defender for what, a six month test; then there's his access to purchase project cars from Jaguar and he got a old Defender Spectre through the same route.
He leased it for a year

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
If larger tires were fit along w/ a matching spare, would it impede opening the smaller door?
Yes. Best guess so far is that a 33 will fit, but a 35 will not. The Grenadier is now out in the public, so maybe someone has better info.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Yes. Best guess so far is that a 33 will fit, but a 35 will not. The Grenadier is now out in the public, so maybe someone has better info.
I just watched the TFL video and he said that 35s aren't really an option. The photos that I've seen of 33s look great and seem to have no issues.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But the really odd thing about Harry's review was the split rear door bit. The idea of having a small door opening first was in case you were parked somewhere tight and wanted for instance to put shopping in. A reasonable idea I think. On mine it opens very easily and enjoyably - a small child on a step could do it without difficulty. But Harry said it was almost a big effort - a chore. Maybe his was defective. I have a 2008 G Wagon with a single rear door and that is quite an effort to swing open and to shut - especially on a slope - and you need space to do it.

Mike
Anyone with any Defender experience remembers the problem of the single large rear door, which created a whole market for the accessory known as a 'gate'. The weight of the door, plus that of the spare wheel, caused the hinges to descend over time, until it was difficult to close. After installing a bike rack for two mtb, I had to install the beautiful 'gate' of the Nakatanenga' and only in this way, by freeing the door from the weight, did I solve the problem. And the Grenadier's wheels are also much heavier than those of the older Defender. Dividing the width of the rear door in two (and certainly with stronger hinges), is an excellent idea, even without having to imagine the convenience for a small load... Plus, as many have said, opening the full width of a door inside a garage it is not always possible... You don't need the intelligence of an influencer to understand the usefulness of the double door...

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if those dicks jump on board this forum...A new thread possibly called, Having a field day!

This is the first para of a Forum Poem I am putting together and the last line here is where my brain was going for dicks.

The Ineos Grenadier Forum

enthusiasts on a common thread

tales pictures with little decorum

where some would fear to tread
Got John Betjemen all over it. :) Come Friendly bombs and fall on Slough.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone with any Defender experience remembers the problem of the single large rear door, which created a whole market for the accessory known as a 'gate'. The weight of the door, plus that of the spare wheel, caused the hinges to descend over time, until it was difficult to close. After installing a bike rack for two mtb, I had to install the beautiful 'gate' of the Nakatanenga' and only in this way, by freeing the door from the weight, did I solve the problem. And the Grenadier's wheels are also much heavier than those of the older Defender. Dividing the width of the rear door in two (and certainly with stronger hinges), is an excellent idea, even without having to imagine the convenience for a small load... Plus, as many have said, opening the full width of a door inside a garage it is not always possible... You don't need the intelligence of an influencer to understand the usefulness of the double door...

A split rear door is not the only solution to the problem of too much weight on a single rear door.

A better solution is to have the spare tire on a swing-out arm that is connected to the rear bumper. This is better because it can safely carry huge amounts of weight, and none of it is on the door - whether you have a single rear door, double doors, or a split set-up like on a Jeep.

A couple of companies have developed tire-carriers that are integrated with the rear door, so that you can open both the rear door and the swing-out tire carrier with a single handle, and with a single action. You can carry a spare all the way up to a 40-inch tire on these set-ups (not that I'm suggesting 40s for the Grenadier). In addition to carrying a spare, you can carry water and/or fuel. Of course, a 37 or 40 inch tire doesn't leave a whole lot of room, but lots of people carry four 5-gallon (20 liter) Jerry cans on these set-ups while carrying a 35-inch spare tire. I had this set-up on my Jeep JKU, and it worked great.

Here is an example from American Expedition Vehicles (AEV). The tire carrier mounts to the steel bumper, and is super-strong. The tire carrier is also connected to the swing-out door, and both open with a single handle.

aev-jk-rear-bumper.jpg

People who really want to run 35s on the Grenadier will have to carry a spare on a swing-out tire carrier mounted to the bumper. This will be inconvenient though - because you cannot integrate the tire carrier with the doors (as shown above) because of how the small door opens before the big door. So... to access the back you will have to (1) open the tire carrier, then (2) open the small door, then (3) open the big door. That's going to be a hassle. But I would definitely not want a 35-inch tire on my roof.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
P.S. For the Jeep, you can connect the tire carrier to the rear door so they open together, but only when the top of the Jeep is off. Otherwise, you have a three-step procedure to access the rear: (1) tire carrier, (2) top window, (3) lower door.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
why would Ineos give any cars for influencers opinions - when they knew they had faults that were going to annoy the crap out of people?
It is one of the press vehicles. And the suspicion is that INEOS had deactivated all warnings in the interest of a peaceful press echo.

So I 'm not sure about his statement about the reason for the lost filming day ... 🤔

typo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom