The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Handover experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
Show me truck, check its right, sign paperwork, bye plus full fuel and pointless trinkets I can give to kids
oh, and I love a proper printed paper workshop manual, in fact I'd even pay for that rather than wear out my own printer
It's not a truck!!It is the beast in my house.

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
The last time I bought a new Land Rover, the dealer was offering either a free mountain bike or a Lego Technic Kit of the new (soap bar) LR Defender as a freebie on the day I went to pick it up. They were both roughly £150 value which meant the mountain bike was a low-budget clunker, so I took the Lego kit and had a great time building it.

Unfortunately the LR Discovery I'd bought turned out to be a leaky unreliable piece of cr@p that spent weeks at a time at the dealers, so I ended up keeping the Lego kit and getting shot of the Disco. I keep the Lego model on a shelf in my office as a lasting reminder never to buy a Land Rover again. The kit is a miniature engineering marvel and works fine to this day: It turns out Lego build a better 4x4 than LR it seems :sneaky:

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The last time I bought a new Land Rover, the dealer was offering either a free mountain bike or a Lego Technic Kit of the new (soap bar) LR Defender as a freebie on the day I went to pick it up. They were both roughly £150 value which meant the mountain bike was a low-budget clunker, so I took the Lego kit and had a great time building it.

Unfortunately the LR Discovery I'd bought turned out to be a leaky unreliable piece of cr@p that spent weeks at a time at the dealers, so I ended up keeping the Lego kit and getting shot of the Disco. I keep the Lego model on a shelf in my office as a lasting reminder never to buy a Land Rover again. The kit is a miniature engineering marvel and works fine to this day: It turns out Lego build a better 4x4 than LR it seems :sneaky:
So much like my experience after a 90, three Defenders and three Disco's, I vowed never to go back due to LR due to reliability, niggly issues and the pain that was a visit to the dealerships. The only exception was the excellent dealership in Settle who supplied our 110 DCPU.

Too many trucks

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
leaky unreliable piece of cr@p that spent weeks at a time at the dealers,
Too true. I know 5 new Pretenders with mates, 4 have/are bust!! one electronic g-box, one unknown electronic that even JLR cannot fix, fan belt failure and the best one turbo gone at 21k miles and took out rest of engine on the M6, new engine required. I finished with JLR the day they stopped making square ones. However Lego is always good!!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score

Then your Discovery would be the ideal vehicle for Christian and Vera. ;)

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would prefer a no nonsense ( sorry could not resist ) handover . Keys in hand walk around play with all the buttons point out service items and lubrication points ( get it on a lift to marvel underneath) and include a color printed workshop manual( fancy binding is a bonus ) . A free t shirt will be appreciated. As others have said no black cover please .

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Show me the truck, check its right, sign the paperwork, bye, plus full fuel and pointless trinkets I can give to kids
oh, and I love a proper printed paper workshop manual; in fact, I'd even pay for that rather than wear out my own printer
We've been given no BS by INEOS so far, so let's not start now ...
No BS has been so refreshing ...

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:19 AM
Reaction score
There’s been some really good suggestions on this thread for Steve @Halliwell Jones Chester to think about and I’m sure a few will work their way back to INEOS. At least I hope so.
I really think this thread has the potential for the biggest positive impact for us and future buyers.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The bastard and the beast
For our friends outside Australia, in case one is concerned regarding PC language, the intended meaning of the term 'bastard' in 'fair dinkum' Australian culture resides on a very wide spectrum indeed... from expressing utter contempt to being complimentary to the point of absolute admiration and endearment! Space doesn't permit me to explain further... suffice to say that context and tone of voice are critical to interpreting "message sent" and "message received"
:rolleyes: :unsure:😂

I have no doubt many of our British colleagues understand this all to well given our history!! (y)

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For our friends outside Australia, in case one is concerned regarding PC language, the intended meaning of the term 'bastard' in 'fair dinkum' Australian culture resides on a very wide spectrum indeed... from expressing utter contempt to being complimentary to the point of absolute admiration and endearment! Space doesn't permit me to explain further... suffice to say that context and tone of voice are critical to interpreting "message sent" and "message received"
:rolleyes: :unsure:😂

I have no doubt many of our British colleagues understand this all to well given our history!! (y)
Indeed, I think I may have called Les H a bastard on here already, which promptly turned into Sir Bastard, and was 100% in admiration (or jealousy) at the time.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed, I think I may have called Les H a bastard on here already, which promptly turned into Sir Bastard, and was 100% in admiration (or jealousy) at the time.
Pretty sure I called him a grumpy old bastard early on and I am an expert on grumpy old bastards.
One shaves in my mirror often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom