The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Handover experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
I have got it !!!

After all this talk of winches and demonstration vehicles all having winches, they could do a variation on a theme with the black silky sheet.

Take the customer into the handover area, where there is just an anchor point on the wall and a winch cable attached to it, then winch the vehicle into the handover bay !!!

If the IG hasn’t been specced with a winch then that could be on the wall (red winch of course) and it could be pulled in with the built in recovery points.
Or they cover the customer with the black sheet and let the Grenadier winch it away.
I guess we all think that those cars have a personality. They must be curious what driver they get.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
Pardon the expression but I wonder if IG dealers will have a Ming Moll.

The “commercial manager” you have to meet with in major brand dealerships who tries to sell you all the rip off afters like paint and leather protection, window tinting, extended warranty etc etc.
“Ming” was a brand of paint protection most dealerships had.
The Ming Mole is usually wheeled out just after signing the contract before you can escape the dealership, hard to do when you are placing the order at home/work/play on your computer/phone. Maybe she will have to make house calls?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
How about a coupon “puck” like they used to give out at the Guinness tour SAMPLE

Except the ones we receive with delivery is for a free pint at the Grenadier Pub!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Asked my agent about the jacket and he confirmed that a voucher code was being handed out. He also said that he had spoken with staff in a Belstaff shop who said they had been informed of the same thing.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
Asked my agent about the jacket and he confirmed that a voucher code was being handed out. He also said that he had spoken with staff in a Belstaff shop who said they had been informed of the same thing.
Hopefully it will be store credit .

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I don't have a good vehicle handover story, as I have only ever bought 4 new vehicles and you didn't get much of a handover with the cheapest Vauxhall Nova in the dealers.
1st Nova, my girlfriend picked it up from the dealer and drove it 125 miles to me, as I bought it from her hometown dealer. No fanfare, barely enough fuel to get it to the nearest petrol station, (1985)
2nd Nova, wife picked it up, no fanfare and brought it home, for me to see it in the evening. PDI'd by Stevie Wonder, so went back to get paint fixed the next morning, (1989)
3rd Nova, wife picked it up as I was working in Reading. She was given the guided tour of the dealership, introduced to Service Reception and the parts counter; car was full of fuel and very shiny, (1991)
2001 VW Beetle Cabriolet; car was in a quad behind the dealership and highly polished. Long, slow explanation of the features of the car by someone who did not know how to open the bonnet, check the levels or open the filler flap.

Present the car well, make sure the staff know enough to answer basic maintenance questions, and if the vehicle is not full of fuel, know where the nearest cheap fuel is.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
The Vauxhall Nova is called 'Opel Corsa' in Germany.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
A motorcycling friend of mine ( has worn Belstaffs for 40 years) said make sure you order a size larger than you think you need. You will be wearing a jumper underneath on most days when the jacket is required.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A motorcycling friend of mine ( has worn Belstaffs for 40 years) said make sure you order a size larger than you think you need. You will be wearing a jumper underneath on most days when the jacket is required.
I did the same with my Barbour jackets.

Local time
Reaction score
Certificate of provenance. Look at lotus for what they offer. They are intending this to be a generational vehicle after all.

An invitation to an INEOS driver experience during the first year of ownership. Where you learn how to operate the vehicle and its systems correctly under instruction off-road. Ford are doing a pretty good version of this for the new Bronco so I’m told.
RE: Ford Bronco. I can vouch for that. Prior to delivery, I attended the Bronco Off-Roadeo outside Austin, TX (one of several instruction sites in the U.S.) A superbly organized, instructor-led, hands-on learning experience in small groups of about 12 and everyone behind the wheel of a Bronco provided on-site. They took us thru start-up and engagement of all the driver modes (all practical, hands-on lanes), before leading us out on 33-acres of varied terrain. By the end of the day, I knew exactly when and how to engage front, rear (or both lockers), how/when to use the modes. In short, totally useful.

Attachments

• 5F8DC83B-AA5D-4B3C-8EC2-E5F2CEA2BBDD.jpeg
    5F8DC83B-AA5D-4B3C-8EC2-E5F2CEA2BBDD.jpeg
    459.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_2085.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_2152.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 12
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
Might Ineos be considering a European Delivery Program like MBZ, BMW, Audi, Porsche and Volvo used to do? These programs were very popular prior to the world shutting down in 2020. I like the idea of picking up a new Grenadier at the factory and driving it around Europe and then shipping it to my home country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom