The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Handover experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
Certificate of provenance. Look at lotus for what they offer. They are intending this to be a generational vehicle after all.

An invitation to an INEOS driver experience during the first year of ownership. Where you learn how to operate the vehicle and its systems correctly under instruction off-road. Ford are doing a pretty good version of this for the new Bronco so I’m told.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
  • Sunshine
  • Coffee
  • A nice sandwich
  • Not before 11 AM
  • ---- these were the most important ones
  • Technical briefing
  • Step by step check of the ordered options
  • Most important touchscreen features briefing (no details though)
  • Filled up (ok, 90% would suffice as well)
  • And a nice colored travelogue of Sir Jim's Namibia trip, 200 pages, 100 photographs, hardcover.
And, if available, a free choice for one of an Ineos cap or mug or snood or pint glasses.
I have chosen the humble ones ... ;)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
An invitation to an INEOS driver experience during the first year of ownership. Where you learn how to operate the vehicle and its systems correctly under instruction off-road.
And that's probably the best of all ideas. (y)

Besides coffee and sandwich.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
I love the idea of the Leatherman with a chassis number engraved. That would be enough for me to finally retire my current one after nearly 20 years of loyal service.

In terms of the handover experience though, I'd actually like to propose a "blended" experience:

1) An online course that covers the fundamental functions of the vehicle with clear learning outcomes -- At the end of this course, users should have a "101" level understanding of how to operate a proper 4x4, how to drive them off road, and how to maintain them in general. Make this something that comes with a credential, like a digital badge or something, and make it so it can actually be useful for non-Ineos owners too (i.e. Land Rover used to publish a fantastic brochure about driving off road that, while specific to selling land rovers, taught me a great deal back in the day about the ins and outs of it). Given this is intended to be an heirloom vehicle, being able to put my son through this course when he's a bit older would be fantastic. And, as part of this, add some "201" level stuff that is specific to the Grenadier. Let me access it the month before I take delivery.
2) When I arrive in-person for pickup, have the grenadier agent take me through my specific vehicle - any options I've ordered in terms of how they work, and reinforce the key parts of the online course.
3) Slightly controversial - but what are the little foibles and annoyances that I should know about that real-world users have discovered? I don't want a ton of focus on this but some honesty/transparency; for instance I discovered myself that the Freedom Top on my old jeep had screws to hold it down with big handles on them; these things were super annoying to use and put in because they are easily cross threaded, but turning them backwards first gives a really solid "Clunk" to know the threads are properly engaged. That's just a little owners' tip that would have been handy to be told by the Dealer.
4) Introduce me to the service manager or, if I'm not local, give me the information of the nearest Bosch service place to my home with the number of the service department, and create some sort of connection/relationship there.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
  • Sunshine
  • Coffee
  • A nice sandwich
  • Not before 11 AM
  • ---- these were the most important ones
  • Technical briefing
  • Step by step check of the ordered options
  • Most important touchscreen features briefing (no details though)
  • Filled up (ok, 90% would suffice as well)
  • And a nice colored travelogue of Sir Jim's Namibia trip, 200 pages, 100 photographs, hardcover.
And, if available, a free choice for one of an Ineos cap or mug or snood or pint glasses.
I have chosen the humble ones ... ;)
That's not a bad list. 👍

I hesitated about suggesting instead of a black cover reveal, the vehicle is on the ramps when you arrive and there's a tour of the underside pointing out fill/drain plugs, nipples to grease, cable adjustment points, neutral bolts for gearbox, etc.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
As IA have pushed so much the message that this vehicle is an off-road vehicle to be used and the no nonsense design and ethos follows this then I really do think that an off-road driver TRAINING day (not an experience) should be provided. Even if the voucher or whatever it is comes after the initial purchase. I know that sort of thing can’t be conjured up in a few weeks.

I think it has to be training and not an experience. potential customers could be given an experience as part of a sales pitch etc.

I agree with others. Definitely not arriving to find a big reveal with the vehicle under a silky black sheet, that is old hat and naff. I definitely think the sheet should be camo 😝

As others have said, the staff doing the handover need to be passionate and knowledgeable, there is nothing worse that knowing more about the product than the person trying to sell it to you.

I think the message literally should be, this is the start of your journey with Ineos not the end.

Good luck Steve and although I won’t be picking mine up off you, I secretly wish I was and know you will do a good job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom