The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Handover experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
For me, stick to agreed time, vehicle has been fully PDI’d and everything checklisted off as working. Vehicle spotless, ideally full or nearly full of fuel. Documents all in a folder. Quick walk through of vehicle and functions - hi low range, locking diffs, hill descent etc. Something free would be nice - cap/mug etc that’s about it for me. I hate picking up a vehicle and having to return immediately to get it fixed. Happened more times than it should have.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
1 - Genuine & authentic interaction with a well informed customer service agent (not from a piece of fluff who barely knows how to work the buttons on the automatic coffee machine)
2 - Full tank of diesel
3 - Hand me the keys
4 - Point me to the exit

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
Initial handover of an anticipated vehicle is a bit overwhelming sometimes, on that first day. Adrenaline and distraction get in the way of hearing the details. At least for me.
I really have been impressed by how Land Rover invites customers to their Land Rover Experience. It must cost them a fortune, but no one does it better. INEOS could borrow that idea though and insure that every Grenadier owner has the option to get professional training on the proper use of the vehicle. Porsche offers it as well, but they charge for it. I haven’t done the Ford thing, but I’ve heard and read that it’s quite impressive. It is fairly important, with locking differentials, that a new owner receive some degree of training, lest they screw things up badly.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Please please don't put it under a black sheet and pull it off at handover like a bad magician.

They mentioned that in our zoom
- a MASSIVE red ribbon bow, instead
- compulsory owner photos in front of car, one leg up on front bumper, or giving V for victory signs
- Prosecco
- All Ineos dealer staff to line up and clap as we exit in the car
- preferably through an impossibly tight gap, past the surprise of the newly-arrived dual-cab version

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
- a MASSIVE red ribbon bow, instead
- compulsory owner photos in front of car, one leg up on front bumper, or giving V for victory signs
- Prosecco
- All Ineos dealer staff to line up and clap as we exit in the car
- preferably through an impossibly tight gap, past the surprise of the newly-arrived dual-cab version

Maybe a performer of some kind in a sequined costume that pops out from under the hood when we walk in, too.

And when they pop out, if there isn't a confetti canon going off, I'm going to angrily go buy a Ford.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmm. Wasn’t planning on the safari windows but if a sequined bombshell might pop out of one… 🤔

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
I have to admit that I am astonished to see that much creativity regarding possibilities of handovers. The time of desperate waiting obviously does something with us.
I do know my dealer an he is a nice guy who has an real Defender and I think he ordered a Grenadier for himself as well. I will be happy to chat with him e.g. over the possibilities of future updates (Parking heater) drink a coffee and get a short explanation what has changed from PTO2 to my car.
It will be a perfect day!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have to admit that I am astonished to see that much creativity regarding possibilities of handovers. The time of desperate waiting obviously does something with us.
I do know my dealer an he is a nice guy who has an real Defender and I think he ordered a Grenadier for himself as well. I will be happy to chat with him e.g. over the possibilities of future updates (Parking heater) drink a coffee and get a short explanation what has changed from PTO2 to my car.
It will be a perfect day!
I am just expecting
G'day Dave
There she is
F**kin beauty isn't she.
Catch

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
one leg up on front bumper, or giving V for victory signs
And what's about the five B's? The Big Boobs Bikini Babe lolling on the Bonnet?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pardon the expression but I wonder if IG dealers will have a Ming Moll.

The “commercial manager” you have to meet with in major brand dealerships who tries to sell you all the rip off afters like paint and leather protection, window tinting, extended warranty etc etc.
“Ming” was a brand of paint protection most dealerships had.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't mind to get some nice key ring with nice embossed strip ( "Grenadier" + Date of production ) of saddle leather.
Now that would be a gift! Ineos, feel free to send it to me.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have got it !!!

After all this talk of winches and demonstration vehicles all having winches, they could do a variation on a theme with the black silky sheet.

Take the customer into the handover area, where there is just an anchor point on the wall and a winch cable attached to it, then winch the vehicle into the handover bay !!!

If the IG hasn’t been specced with a winch then that could be on the wall (red winch of course) and it could be pulled in with the built in recovery points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom