The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Halliwell Jones Chester Showroom build.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
1:09 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

First of all I'd like to apologise for the lack of content and contribution over the last couple of months. As I'm sure you can imagine it's been extremely busy right lately getting vehicles out and ready for delivery.

With our new showroom/clubhouse coming along nicely after a few delays, I thought I'd share the progress and will try and update as often as possible for you all.

The new building will be a 3 car showroom with a used 4X4 pitch of circa 30 vehicles along with customer parking. Once all complete we will have an open day and everyone will be welcome to come along.

Few pictures to start off with for you.

IMG-20230519-WA0002.jpgIMG-20230519-WA0004.jpgPXL_20230519_122335226.jpgIMG-20230519-WA0005.jpgPXL_20230519_122421770.jpgPXL_20230519_122505054.jpgIMG-20230603-WA0010.jpgIMG-20230603-WA0012.jpgPXL_20230601_153822009.jpgPXL_20230601_153752860.jpg

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
I thought a shed was 100mm and a garage 200mm. maybe more for trucks, 600mm seems a lot to me but I am a chartered accountant and DIYer!!
The "footings" are different from the floor slab, though they might in some cases be poured in one event. While many domestic garages/sheds are just bolted to a floor slab, the slab is oftened strengthened (thicker) where the bolts are located. In this case, the commercial building requires substantial footings to support the heavy steel framework, independent of the floor slab. Depending on the soil structure, those footings look to be at least a metre square and might well be up to 2m deep! I have a growing sense of "shed envy" just thinking about it!😜

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The "footings" are different from the floor slab, though they might in some cases be poured in one event. While many domestic garages/sheds are just bolted to a floor slab, the slab is oftened strengthened (thicker) where the bolts are located. In this case, the commercial building requires substantial footings to support the heavy steel framework, independent of the floor slab. Depending on the soil structure, those footings look to be at least a metre square and might well be up to 2m deep! I have a growing sense of "shed envy" just thinking about it!😜
And when the ground is peat, and you have to support a 220m high wind turbine......tell our greenies about it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
Don't forget there are Grenadiers driving around. A small collision ...

crashed.webp.jpg

wording

Last edited:

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
The width of the footings are slightly larger than needed due to the loose ground when they where digging. You're not far off with the depth though! The level they're at now is 1.5 meters below the original ground, so nearly 3.5 meters from first starting point.

I've been told they will fill over the bases of the footings to bring everything to the same level and slightly higher than it is now.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are these current photos?

I thought planning permission was granted back in summer 2022?

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

First of all I'd like to apologise for the lack of content and contribution over the last couple of months. As I'm sure you can imagine it's been extremely busy right lately getting vehicles out and ready for delivery.

With our new showroom/clubhouse coming along nicely after a few delays, I thought I'd share the progress and will try and update as often as possible for you all.

The new building will be a 3 car showroom with a used 4X4 pitch of circa 30 vehicles along with customer parking. Once all complete we will have an open day and everyone will be welcome to come along.

Few pictures to start off with for you.

View attachment 7814539View attachment 7814540View attachment 7814542View attachment 7814543View attachment 7814544View attachment 7814545View attachment 7814546View attachment 7814547View attachment 7814550View attachment 7814551
Can't you just keep digging and make a demo route. Bet no other dealer will have one !

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
what is a continuation tank??

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
what is a continuation tank??
Apparently, it attaches to the drain water from the building and allows it to slowly leave into underground drainage rather than it all going in one hit.

I'm sure there is more technical way of describing this but I'm pretty sure that is what it does, I'm sure someone on here could explain it better than me though.

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently, it attaches to the drain water from the building and allows it to slowly leave into underground drainage rather than it all going in one hit.

I'm sure there is more technical way of describing this but I'm pretty sure that is what it does, I'm sure someone on here could explain it better than me though.
It's "attenuation"
In storm rain conditions the flow from the rain water dranage is stored in the tanks and allowed to flow out at a pre determined slower rate, to try and stop overloading the mains drainage system.

Back
Top Bottom