The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier + New Defender (side-by-side view)

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
A side view may have been posted previously, though I don’t recall it.

I returned to my vehicle in the city today to find a New Defender parked in front (they could have given me some more room, but that’s a different matter). I’ve been next to the New Defender in traffic quite a few times, but it was only walking back this time did so many of the differences really stand out and were highlighted to me - hello windscreen angles between the two.

IMG_1360.jpeg

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score

I returned to my vehicle in the city today to find a New Defender parked in front (they could have given me some more room, but that’s a different matter). I’ve been next to the New Defender in traffic quite a few times, but it was only walking back this time did so many of the differences really stand out and were highlighted to me - hello windscreen angles between the two.

View attachment 7846610
Is the defender raised? My buddy’s defender sits a lot lower

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the defender raised? My buddy’s defender sits a lot lower
I was wondering that at the time. I wanted to have a look under but thought it prudent not to. As can be seen from the pic the drivers side window starts higher than mine, which surprised me. And the pics by Adam above also show a lower sitting Defender.

Air suspension? They maybe raised it intentionally to flex when they parked in front of me.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Air suspension? They maybe raised it intentionally to flex when they parked in front of me.

If I recall correctly - all New Defender 110's have air. That does not look like it is at the default curb height for a parked vehicle.

I agree with your assessment that he tried to flex by leaving it in off road mode.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7846610
I wonder if someone might make puck spacers for our front suspension to reduce the front rake. Seems like it's begging to be raised an inch or so. Did that for my Wrangler back in the day.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
I have the new defender and yes, almost all come with air suspension. There are three factory heights, entry level, normal and off road. Entry level puts the ground clearance at around 6 inches. Normal is 8 and off road is 12. When looking at @OGrid It looks like the Defender is in offroad mode. The picture by @[ Adam ] looks like Entry level was used.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's likely that they have lift rods installed on the black defender pictured above. It's a cheap and easy way to give the new defenders a "lift" thereby fooling the ride height sensors into thinking it's in normal ride height, but really it's in off road. I think a number of aftermarkets make these lift rods for the new defender, but Lucky8 is one of the most popular.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
yep - comm
It's likely that they have lift rods installed on the black defender pictured above. It's a cheap and easy way to give the new defenders a "lift" thereby fooling the ride height sensors into thinking it's in normal ride height, but really it's in off road. I think a number of aftermarkets make these lift rods for the new defender, but Lucky8 is one of the most popular.
yep - these too - https://www.johnsonrods.com/defender-lift-kit

Flinthills

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
I currently own a 23' 110s with steelies, and all the off road packages I could order, and took delivery of my Trialmaster in December. After driving both vehicles in same scenarios both off road, highway, and long distance road trips, in my opinion they are very different. The Defender is definitely a road queen, but to my surprise very capable off road. Grenadier is comfortable on road, but shines off road. Many have mentioned reliability short term and long term on the Defender, an having owned 20+ Land Rovers over the years, understand. The closest Ineos dealer to me is 500+ miles away, and not knowing yet how Ineos will overcome the niche market, and stay in business long term, evens out the pros and cons of owning a Land Rover long term. I have owned the Defender for almost a year, and so far ZERO issues. The Grenadier is having the same issues that are being discussed on this forum, but does not bother me. I knew when I put my deposit down 9/21, that this was going to be a brand new company/vehicle, so I would have to be patient. Being a Land Rover customer prepared me for all of this.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was wondering that at the time. I wanted to have a look under but thought it prudent not to. As can be seen from the pic the drivers side window starts higher than mine, which surprised me. And the pics by Adam above also show a lower sitting Defender.

I always raised my Defender whenever I parked. For someone over 6' tall the off-road height is the access height. :)

That Defender on the street was definitely in offroad height.

This would be extended off road height.

20221106_171405989_iOS.jpg

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7846610
Not if it is due to an effect in the photo, but your car looks excessively raised from the back or fallen from the front, mine is the same as yours and it doesn't look like that, in mine there is a difference of 3 cm more in the back

estribo jpg.jpg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
Not if it is due to an effect in the photo, but your car looks excessively raised from the back or fallen from the front, mine is the same as yours and it doesn't look like that, in mine there is a difference of 3 cm more in the back

View attachment 7846820
Hi Paco, Wow, your vehicle looks fantastic. I really like your hand made custom rock slider / side steps. Look very Fit For Purpose! DaBull

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7846610
Looks like the Defender has had the suspension badly modified or has it in raised offroad mode.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Driving this afternoon, saw a LR4 "beebopping" down the road ... I chuckled thinking of this conversation regarding "how high" as this person was much more interested in "how looooooow" could they go 😂 .At most 4 inches and probably 3 inches off the ground ... no photo would have done the experience justice!! Never know what Life will present you!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Driving this afternoon, saw a LR4 "beebopping" down the road ... I chuckled thinking of this conversation regarding "how high" as this person was much more interested in "how looooooow" could they go 😂 .At most 4 inches and probably 3 inches off the ground ... no photo would have done the experience justice!! Never know what Life will present you!
My wife has a good eye for LR3/4 bumpstop riders :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom