The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Height

Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
I don’t know what the standard height is for most home garages in the US, but my door opening is 81”, and I see from the Grenadier web site that the height dimension is listed at 80.2”. I’ve had a deposit down since they first too deposits and now I’m disappointed that the Grenadier will fit in my garage. Looks like I need to purchase some thing else. Damn. Any one else having this issue.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What’s the ceiling height of your garage? Mine is significantly higher than the “normal” sized door. If that’s your situation, can you get a larger door installed?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
Thats a bit close for comfort!
Just air down your tyres each day LOL.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does your Grenadier need to live in the garage?

Could you lower the floor - if not the whole floor then a couple of 6" x 16" ruts sunk in to the floor?

I'd change my garage before I change my car (easy for me to say as I don't have a garage but a barn)

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t know what the standard height is for most home garages in the US, but my door opening is 81”, and I see from the Grenadier web site that the height dimension is listed at 80.2”. I’ve had a deposit down since they first too deposits and now I’m disappointed that the Grenadier will fit in my garage. Looks like I need to purchase some thing else. Damn. Any one else having this issue.
I’ve got the same issue and the Gren will be 5mm too tall for my man cave.. I’m planning to let air out when i put it to bed.. My cave has a compressor in and retractable air line so it’ll not be too much of a faff…. The Gren will be a weekend use vehicle not a daily driver so it’s tolerable.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
There's no way the Grenadier will fit in my garage; I'm in the UK, I sure they were sized for Austin 7s, and in any case it's full of the classic/modern-classic cars. The standard up and over door is too small for a Land Rover, let alone the Gren.

The Grenadier will be outside, as my work vehicle.

Mog and Mazda in the garage.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
It’s always an issue with proper 4WD esp after adding a roofrack or rooftop tent.

2.1m seems to be a common height that I’ve come across.
Yes, this is a common issue. Parking options often dictate which vehicle will be driven somewhere.

My truck won't fit in a standard 7' garage door, so I either park it in the workshop or leave it outdoors. The absolute worst part about outdoor parking for some of us is rodents getting into the engine bay and nesting. I've had soy based wiring chewed through so I avoid outside parking when possible if it's winter or I'm going to be away from home for an extended period of time.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Our local Morrisons has an underground car park with a sign that said 2.10m. The architect, being a smart arse, had specified low profile florescent tubes and integrated wiring; the store being cheap, used standard lighting tubes, fixings and surface mounted wiring in badly bent conduit. The architect specified the height signs and the store just installed them.

Day 2 after collected my newly rebuilt LR110CSW with heavy duty rear springs and being 2.01m tall, (actually measured with a real tape and spirit level), went down into the car park with Mother In Law to do her shopping. Nasty scraping noises and the lighting makes firm contact with the top of my roof. Summonded the store duty manager, who takes pictures and makes something of a grovelling apology, giving me details of the store liability policy. I did not claim as the damage to my truck was minimal.

3 months later, HQ send me a bill for repairs to the lights and the wiring, which I send to my solicitor, to send them a rude letter explaining their problem. They send me an apology for troubling me and the signs get taken down, never to be replaced, (this all happended 11 years ago).

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
I always knew it would be a tight fit and my current 4x4 sits outside in the driveway behind a gate. That was the plan for the grenadier as well but my insurance company tells me that it crosses their value threshold for insurance parked in the driveway and so needs to go ina garage. I have adjusted the door and it opens further now but its going to be tight and I won’t really know until I get it there and give it a go.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got the same issue and the Gren will be 5mm too tall for my man cave.. I’m planning to let air out when i put it to bed.. My cave has a compressor in and retractable air line so it’ll not be too much of a faff…. The Gren will be a weekend use vehicle not a daily driver so it’s tolerable.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Plenty of very low bridges around and stupidly in a country full of SUV's and 4wd's a brand new rail bridge with only 1.9 Metre clearance
Very few people know I have spoken to know the height or clearance of their vehicle. Particularly after they add roof rack, awning, etc etc
Let alone a vehicle they have borrowed or share at work

1676923757702.png1676923833559.png1676923912960.png1676923877970.png1676924174227.png

Attachments

• 1676923715432.png
    1676923715432.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 10

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Plenty of very low bridges around and stupidly in a country full of SUV's and 4wd's a brand new rail bridge with only 1.9 Metre clearance
Very few people know I have spoken to know the height or clearance of their vehicle. Particularly after they add roof rack, awning, etc etc
Let alone a vehicle they have borrowed or share at work

View attachment 7803824View attachment 7803825View attachment 7803827View attachment 7803826View attachment 7803828
Overhead panel now reads 2.05m.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dave is that crossing in Brisbane? I recall a 1.9M in Brisbane which I drove under about 5 years ago. My Ute at the time was 1.9m exactly, bridge was 1.9m, I had wife step out and check had about 25mm clearance!!! I since think the bridge was raised as part of a Bus terminal upgrade.

The standard access height in Australia now for a 'carpark' is 2.2m. However, we have thousands of older carparks designed to the minimum 2.1m height, but with modern tech added such as Sensor parking, upgrade ventilation etc - many are marked between 1.9m and 2.0m. Anything under 1.9m is totally illegal. So, Grenadiers will have a tough time in MANY older carpark in Aus...

Back
Top Bottom