The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Can an owner confirm if the 2.05 m (6'9") empty height is accurate?

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
Hi! Since I'm a city dweller, my ordered Grenadier will be exposed to more than a few regular parking garages with clearances in the 6'8" range. The vehicle's quoted height is a bit taller than that. (And, no, I don't trust clearance signs of any place I haven't parked in yet!)

Anyways, it's a factor that would probably keep me in the stock tire size (or diameter at least) which is fine. But just wondering if anyone in a similar situation has cared to measure their roof height yet. The forward sloping stance of the truck makes it look like the high point will be toward the back of the roof, not at the front.

Thanks for any insight!

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
The height is given as ‘less than’ or <2meters 5 cm. Depending on the slightly different tyre options, and presumably tiny variations for weight. But yes, it is definitely over 2meters, and 2.05, perhaps 2.04… we have carparks typically 2.0, or 2.1, and occasionally higher. I love the commitment to not being a shopping trolley! It does mean sometimes I walk further. I embrace the unplanned exercise...😆

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
203 - 205cm is accurate for an unmodified Grenadier on KO2s. Tested in earnest when I took the Grenadier into Nottingham and parked in the multi-storey at Trinity Square, https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/trinity

As we drove into the car park, we all ducked! It was tight.

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
I've been meaning to measure this as most car parks near me are signed as 2M dead - haven't been brave enough to see how true that is yet!

Also a few 6'6 width restrictions - need that measure that too - with mirrors folded I'm assuming

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
Also a few 6'6 width restrictions - need that measure that too - with mirrors folded I'm assuming
Your car parks have width restrictions?!?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My work garage is 6'9". already cut it real close in the 4Runner. I did not spec a roof rack and won't pursue upsized tires or a lift unless I change jobs!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My work garage is 6'9". already cut it real close in the 4Runner. I did not spec a roof rack and won't pursue upsized tires or a lift unless I change jobs!
I'm in the same boat in terms of garage usage for clients. The good, most garages in Seattle and Bellevue have oversized car parking spots. The bad, most are filled by trucks with RTT. It's become a race to who can get to work first to park your truck. One garage recently changed their height limit from 6'11" to 6'9" I know my truck is 6"10 and squeeze it around the 6'9" bar and then drive slow to a parking spot.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
Seems like you have what you need @holdmybeer .

Here's our daily drives in a standard 2.1m door height (~ 6'11") Aussie double garage. This Grenadier measures 2.02m (~6'7") sitting on 17" BFG KO2s with Roo Bar and Aux Battery (I havent weighed it yet). That's measured using a long straight edge laid across the factory roof rails at the B pillar.
I ease in like I'm docking at the Space Station. She pulls in like it's a pit stop.

BMW B57 power on the left. BMW B58 power on the right (M140i).

Yeah I know, I need to clean and paint the floor. One day...

His and Hers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom