The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
I spoke to Justin Hocevar yesterday and he said we'll have flying cars and be living on the moon by the time you get it...
It all makes sense... that's probably what Ineos were referring to when they announced their "flying spanners" roadside assist program. :cool:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So does anyone have any intel, if I order today when the estimated delivery is?
Nobody can give you a reliable answer to that question.
Not even Ineos
It depends on your configuration.
I would say 2024 1st half
If you don't order before they open the US order books you will be waiting until 2025

Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
Nobody can give you a reliable answer to that question.
Not even Ineos
It depends on your configuration.
I would say 2024 1st half
If you don't order before they open the US order books you will be waiting until 2025
See when I was in there the other day they told me four months. And I would not be ready then.

Next weeks job.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
See when I was in there the other day they told me four months. And I would not be ready then.

Next weeks job.
Just order and if it comes in four months enjoy having both an original Defender AND Grenadier in your garage at the same time. If you find out you just prefer to stick with the Deefer, then sell the Gren and pocket the extra cash!

Local time
Reaction score
Just order and if it comes in four months enjoy having both an original Defender AND Grenadier in your garage at the same time. If you find out you just prefer to stick with the Deefer, then sell the Gren and pocket the extra cash!
It's a good idea. I'm sure we don't have the garage space for two cars. Not sure on the financing either.. would have to check behind cushions.

I just rang Ineos directly. They told me estimated 6 months from order to delivery. Approximately.

I also asked when there would be a production car in Brisbane to drive. He was vague on that.. some time in the next couple of months.

I think we will stay with the plan and wait and go for a drive in a production one and probably order then. In theory that should have it arriving after my event in the last quarter of the year or next year.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's a good idea. I'm sure we don't have the garage space for two cars. Not sure on the financing either.. would have to check behind cushions.

I just rang Ineos directly. They told me estimated 6 months from order to delivery. Approximately.

I also asked when there would be a production car in Brisbane to drive. He was vague on that.. some time in the next couple of months.

I think we will stay with the plan and wait and go for a drive in a production one and probably order then. In theory that should have it arriving after my event in the last quarter of the year or next year.
Desertgecko.

I would be calling total utter BS on it currently being anything like 26 weeks order day to in garage day for Australian deliveries.

I mean, it's 10 weeks from factory - to boat - to Australia - to dealer for a start.

That means your car ordered today would need to be made in 16 weeks.

They are still only making 30- 40 cars a day FFS and there are probably 10,000 in the queue ahead of you.

12 months easy

Local time
Reaction score
Desertgecko.

I would be calling total utter BS on it currently being anything like 26 weeks order day to in garage day for Australian deliveries.

I mean, it's 10 weeks from factory - to boat - to Australia - to dealer for a start.

That means your car ordered today would need to be made in 16 weeks.

They are still only making 30- 40 cars a day FFS and there are probably 10,000 in the queue ahead of you.

12 months easy
Interesting. I would really like to drive a production demo on the road. More to the point I want the wife to drive one and confirm she is happy to drive it. I mean I'm driving around in a 1947 designed ergonomic train wreck now - but she won't drive the thing which is logistically painful.

As noted elsewhere I do not want it before 10/23, but anytime in the following 12 months probably wouldn't worry me!

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. I would really like to drive a production demo on the road. More to the point I want the wife to drive one and confirm she is happy to drive it. I mean I'm driving around in a 1947 designed ergonomic train wreck now - but she won't drive the thing which is logistically painful.

As noted elsewhere I do not want it before 10/23, but anytime in the following 12 months probably wouldn't worry me!
Yeah, I'd still be getting in the queue and hopefully ahead of perhaps another future price rise. I agree whatever timeframe a dealer tells you is total fiction and probably expect the new vehicle to arrive long after that, giving you plenty of time to get your ducks lined up.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
'Sick of waiting' thread is in its' 6th month now, with ZERO customer cars delivered.

Get in the queue!
Off-topic side note - @Sam Your sig is dark blue and when using "night/dark" mode, it cannot be read. Except for the A, which is red.

Local time
Reaction score
I might have got lucky. The contract issued to me correctly reflected the changes I made with Purnell (eg not the original version that I see on the configurator).
Only error was the omission of the ABN which I’ve already provided, can sort that out down the path.
You have a contract already JG? Man, I thought I got my order in early on 19 May last year! No contract yet for me :-(

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You have a contract already JG? Man, I thought I got my order in early on 19 May last year! No contract yet for me :-(
Yeah, came through on Friday night - was getting around to calling to see if you had yours.
That’s a bit of a surprise, I wonder if it bears any relationship with production scheduling and/or shipping and/or delivery?
Did you end up making the shift to Purnell? My other theory was that I reached the top of the pile by my making some minor changes…

Local time
Reaction score
Yes mate, made the shift to Purnell and also made some changes to my order. I think it’s your secret government contacts helping here 😀. Delivery dates confirmed yet? In time for Turon? I suppose the answer to that could be yes depending on when we lock in a date 🤣

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The other way around, according to what Ineos put out last April:

View attachment 7804703
Wait, that doesn't make sense or am I tired? It says 'reservations' between Sep Oct get priority? There are two steps to getting to an order: RESERVATION > ORDER. Maybe I am wrong, but I also have in writing from IA that it was RES (build prio) > ORDER. I RES on 16th Nov 2021 which placed me in 2nd batch 'order by date'.

Back
Top Bottom