The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
I just finished at the Victorian Drive day.

Spoke to Justin Hicevars for 30 minutes.

Got some good information from him.

On point; there 92 cars bound for Australia at the port being loaded.

These 92 cars are scheduled to arrive in Australia 17 April. They were to be delivered ti Melbourne bit because of the large quarantine delay they will be delivered to Newcastle.

To date approximately 1,300 customer cars have been manufactured.

The batch and hold process continues but not just because of software updates but also some part changes driven by quality control.
92 Aussie cars that is good news. So not on a ship - I was right ;) haha.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score

These 92 cars are scheduled to arrive in Australia 17 April. They were to be delivered ti Melbourne bit because of the large quarantine delay they will be delivered to Newcastle.

The batch and hold process continues but not just because of software updates but also some part changes driven by quality control.
Thanks @grenadierboy, good information. I trust yours will be one of them, as you were pretty early in the ordering process.
There will be quite a few demonstrators and company cars in this lot as well.

How was the track this time around? I go tomorrow.

Last edited:

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

Good to know..

Alas my planned Vic High Country trip over the Anzac Day long weekend will have to be done in my Everest I'd say.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @grenadierboy, good information. I trust yours will be one of them, as you were pretty early in the ordering process.
There will be quite a few demonstrators and company cars in this lot as well.

How was the track this time around? I go tomorrow.
Moderately rough in patchs, bit rocky but only one steep drop - about 20 minutes around. Doesn't need to be in low range and maybe centre diff lock.

I took out the diesel (as that's what I have ordered) but gee the petrol version sounds very nice, especially without the raised intake on

6/7 cars in attendance. Same/similar cars used to the Warrigul event back in November. Coffee but no food.

Not overly busy but it was Friday morning

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is a very unlikely reason to hold up a vehicle and the whole factory - if there is any truth to it, then it's only a VERY minor part of the software issue if in fact it's entirely software. I think about it more... and I surmise it's a genuine straight up QA production line issue and they have a raft of things to be 'dealt with' through the bolts and nuts assembly of the vehicle. It feels very much like the Tesla roll out issues they had. Not a problem, but IA would never EVER admit this was the case as they want owners obviously (and the market) to take on a high-quality build with NO inclination that there could of/was any line run issues. I have built warehouse sized production facilities for large companies (not cars) and understand how this can easily evolve and hold up production.
Justin made it very clear today that it's not just software update issues that are causing the batching post production - in fact he thought software updates had been resolved and even mentioned future software updates post customer delivery.

He said the key to the batching post production was/is that after the first few hundred cars were made post 17 October, "changes to some parts were needed" and this, according to Justin, mean't going back to various suppliers, putting pressure on them by asking for some speedy minor changes to be made

He did not name specific parts nor indicate if the change to parts was because they were faulty and just that the final quality was not quite to the standard required by IA but, my guess is it was the later.

The parts worked but not to the quality standard required.

To me it seems a bit odd that this was not picked up during the later stages of PTO production

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was recently advised by my agent that my build is currently targeted for March and I couldn't change my configuration, not even the wheels. Even though there is still no contract in place I find odd. Contractually, I should be able to change what ever I like and If this causes a delay to delivery, thats fine too. Buying directly from the manufacturer and not a dealer maybe different yet I am the consumer.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was recently advised by my agent that my build is currently targeted for March and I couldn't change my configuration, not even the wheels. Even though there is still no contract in place I find odd. Contractually, I should be able to change what ever I like and If this causes a delay to delivery, thats fine too. Buying directly from the manufacturer and not a dealer maybe different yet I am the consumer.
Ineos Customer Service said the other day that if you haven't got your contract yet, then they can attempt to add/subtract any accessories that you might want to change. Try and contact them directly.
They told me this, and my build date was meant to be January 23rd.

Last edited:

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
Top marks @grenadierboy for getting intel straight from the horses mouth.

Not that Justin H is a horse ... just a very credible/ senior Inoes source.

Personally I don't need detailed knowledge of the reasons for the delayed release - I trust Ineos' judgement in doing so. Likely it's nuanced, complicated, dull... and possibly Ineos being slightly paranoid, since these first batch of cars will be highly scrutinised

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
I tried to make a couple of changes to my config the other day via the agent. Agent said he couldn’t process because the order was ‘locked’ on his portal as within 60 days of construction ETA. He said I had to call IA direct to make changes.

Had local Ineos rep also contacted you before this, to alert you prior to config becoming fixed?

Not sure if they are still doing this

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Personally I don't need detailed knowledge of the reasons for the delayed release - I trust Ineos' judgement in doing so. Likely it's nuanced, complicated, dull... and possibly Ineos being slightly paranoid, since these first batch of cars will be highly scrutinised
Paranoid 101 behavior. I'm ok with this better parts are good for all of us

Overlandplus

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
Just received my contract, and what do you know, just about every detail is incorrect. I've contacted IA customer service as soon as I saw the mistakes, its clearly somone elses order, but come on this company is really starting to worry me. I'll be calling my dealer in the morning, to see if they can help, but I'm not holding my breath.

Overlandplus

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
I tried to make a couple of changes to my config the other day via the agent. Agent said he couldn’t process because the order was ‘locked’ on his portal as within 60 days of construction ETA. He said I had to
all IA direct to make changes.

Still not expecting within 6 months but a positive(ish) indication something is happening.

Should also say, I am in Australia and I ordered in July 2022 so was around 2 months after the orders opened.
Hey mate,
I assume your Agent is Adelaide Hills Motor Group? I need to call them tomorrow, regarding my contract issues, What are they like to deal with?

I ordered mine the day after orders opened, so it will be interesting to see how far apart our deliveries are.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just received my contract, and what do you know, just about every detail is incorrect. I've contacted IA customer service as soon as I saw the mistakes, its clearly somone elses order, but come on this company is really starting to worry me. I'll be calling my dealer in the morning, to see if they can help, but I'm not holding my breath.
Nice man! Good news they are ticking through the list. What was your RESERVE date if I may ask?

Local time
Reaction score

I think I would have been surprised if there were not issues that needed to be corrected. They aren't sending them until they are happy which is to be congratulated.

Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
Hey mate,
I assume your Agent is Adelaide Hills Motor Group? I need to call them tomorrow, regarding my contract issues, What are they like to deal with?

I ordered mine the day after orders opened, so it will be interesting to see how far apart our deliveries are.
Yep. They are friendly and helpful but get the sense they are really only up to speed now as they have busy setting up new showroom (I think they are also setting up secondhand dealership) onboarding with IA etc.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I would have been surprised if there were not issues that needed to be corrected. They aren't sending them until they are happy which is to be congratulated.
I might have got lucky. The contract issued to me correctly reflected the changes I made with Purnell (eg not the original version that I see on the configurator).
Only error was the omission of the ABN which I’ve already provided, can sort that out down the path.

Back
Top Bottom