The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Just got email that my car in production:
.... The news you’ve been waiting for. Your INEOS Grenadier is officially in production...
Great !! What a good news! but the problem is I have received the same email in December last year..
(contract signed in November)...

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
I just finished at the Victorian Drive day.

Spoke to Justin Hicevars for 30 minutes.

Got some good information from him.

On point; there 92 cars bound for Australia at the port being loaded.

These 92 cars are scheduled to arrive in Australia 17 April. They were to be delivered ti Melbourne bit because of the large quarantine delay they will be delivered to Newcastle.

To date approximately 1,300 customer cars have been manufactured.

The batch and hold process continues but not just because of software updates but also some part changes driven by quality control.
That's 92 cars out of 700 as of 2 months ago, I'd be interested to see where they are going?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told at a drive day (I thought…) they’d had about 1200 orders in Australia to date.
They must have taken more since I spoke to my dealer in early Jan, W.A had of that date 120 on the books, not sure what the other states were but I was surprised W.A had a decent comparable number out of the then 700. I'd say since the drive days more would be signing

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Portal stages currently should read…

1 - contract (may or may not arrive)
2 - vehicle is in production
3 - vehicle complete
4 - dealer has vehicle
5 - no you can not have the vehicle…yet

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got email that my car in production:
.... The news you’ve been waiting for. Your INEOS Grenadier is officially in production...
Great !! What a good news! but the problem is I have received the same email in December last year..
(contract signed in November)...
Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing because they're on different bodies... I wonder if they're using SAP systems 😉

Local time
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that they had 3? IGs coming, static display model/s 2 drivers.
That’s investing- any idea if the customer cars are people on this forum? I ordered
One on the 18th May still no contract or build date etc. my portal is blank on that info but speaking with magic they can see that it was due to be built in Jan.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s investing- any idea if the customer cars are people on this forum? I ordered
One on the 18th May still no contract or build date etc. my portal is blank on that info but speaking with magic they can see that it was due to be built in Jan.
Not sure, best to speak to Sherwin @ Magic, he did ring to confirm my build specs weeks ago and also confirmed my build month so he may be able to give you an update as apparently they can see that much into the system

Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that they had 3? IGs coming, static display model/s 2 drivers.
Rode past my local again this morning. Locked up tight on a Saturday. Everyone who wants to see a static prototype has done so. The next phase for the grenadier is demos. Let's hope it's soon.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Rode past my local again this morning. Locked up tight on a Saturday. Everyone who wants to see a static prototype has done so. The next phase for the grenadier is demos. Let's hope it's soon.
Yeah I walked past this morning- poor buggers have invested, paying rent, and nothing new to show, no test drives, no real selling tools at the moment.
At least they have their used cars to help pay the rent.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told at a drive day (I thought…) they’d had about 1200 orders in Australia to date.
I specifically asked Justin Hocevars yesterday what their first production year sales would likely be for Australia, given that INEOS initially budgeted for 1,200.

He said that based on current reservations he expected 2,500 for the year 1.

Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
Yeah I walked past this morning- poor buggers have invested, paying rent, and nothing new to show, no test drives, no real selling tools at the moment.
At least they have their used cars to help pay the rent.
Yes must be hard.

Going forward.. production is going to be their limiting factor. As long as they don't do any big price rises.

Overland Journeyman

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I specifically asked Justin Hocevars yesterday what their first production year sales would likely be for Australia, given that INEOS initially budgeted for 1,200.

When i talked to the guys at the Brighton dealer in melbourne a month ago they said they had 500 orders from that dealership alone. And another 200+ who had put down the initial $800 but were waiting to see the final product before committing to the rest of the deposit.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When i talked to the guys at the Brighton dealer in melbourne a month ago they said they had 500 orders from that dealership alone. And another 200+ who had put down the initial $800 but were waiting to see the final product before committing to the rest of the deposit.
I slapped down my deposit immediately after seeing the cars at Brighton back in Dec, then went back a couple days later for another squiz.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

He also mentioned to me today that IA have been putting the screws on suppliers for various parts. Given IA were also revising parts, re-testing, re-certifying etc to arrive at the final part/s, he admitted it was hard on the suppliers.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
Just at the shops in Townsville and saw this numberplate on a vehicle front and back. Asked the woman driving it and she told me a whole bunch of Coobly Gook that jumped around legal aspects that the Soviet Citizens tend to wear. Anyone seen this sort of thing before?

Attachments

• IMG_5801.jpg
    IMG_5801.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom