The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
I'm struggling to follow conflicting info ...

Signed contract end of Feb 23
23rd March SLRV emailed that my vehicle was in production
11th April SLRV emiled that it was built and waiting in batch and hold

Today (25 May) I receive an email from Ineos that my vehicle is in production and how am I going to pay, my status on Inoes portal has been updated to 'in production'.

Does anyone out there have any idea what is actually happening?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score

Today (25 May) I receive an email from Ineos that my vehicle is in production and how am I going to pay, my status on Inoes portal has been updated to 'in production'.

When I signed the contract (Feb 2023) there were several payment options...incl. trade in, bank transfer etc. I checked the relevant box and that was later reflected as a comment next to the "in production " status when I opened my "account" on the IA portal.
I read elsewhere that in Aus. the funds will go through the books of the local subsidiary.
Further, it mentioned on the contract that funds need to be cleared 2 days prior to handover.. this is a more "normal" arrangement, and much better than paying weeks beforehand and not receiving any acknowledgement as has been reported elsewhere. Hope this helps!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Wouldn’t read too much into it. Mine was apparently built well before I got the how are you going to pay email and the change in the portal. The agent will be your best source of information, the portal doesn’t mean much at all. Mine was built and in batch and hold for many werks. It was apparently cleared weeks ago, i got the how are you going to pay email probably 2 months ago. Mine is apparently getting loaded on a boat in the next few days but portal still says in Production

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks, sounds like I'm probably in the same position as AnD3rew, about to be loaded. here's hoping anyway.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was in production 4 weeks ago, and last week it was no longer in production and pending a new time slot :mad:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks, sounds like I'm probably in the same position as AnD3rew, about to be loaded. here's hoping anyway.
I am hoping mine is the same, it just went off the production because it was FINISHES... ready for delivery! Positive Thoughts!

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat, Tonka ... or more accurately, neither of us are in the boat together!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was in production 4 weeks ago, and last week it was no longer in production and pending a new time slot :mad:
Yea I have heard the same from others. Apparently they will start producing the car when the contract is signed - even though they said 6 weeks ago that the car was in production already.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Data quality/Integration issues between the production system and the customer platform (and possibly the web front end).

I think we can conclude this first issue with some confidence.

Noting that ‘Batch and Hold’ sounds like it’s a manual workaround (speculating here), so the active tracking (eg by systems) of the vehicle through the order-fulfil process is likely suspended at that point. Purgatory for cars, if you like.

Annoying but important to note while such issues impact efficiency they do not necessarily impact quality of a given unit, but will invite variation in a sample of units (this being precisely what the ‘hold’ in ’batch and hold’ is about mitigating).

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yea I have heard the same from others. Apparently they will start producing the car when the contract is signed - even though they said 6 weeks ago that the car was in production already.
Well, if they gave me a Contract to sign... that would help haha!

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
What I miss is the speed indicator right in front of me. My wife misses a mirror in the sun shield.😅
I forgot to mention a “Do not like”:

We noticed a smell of plastic and glue inside the Gren which is quite odd cause new cars don't have this really. Does/did anyone notice/d this as well?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I just used the chat function in the website to ask for my VIN
I've never called the number. Is it a robot? Is there Greensleeves wait music?
Or a human???

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've never called the number. Is it a robot? Is there Greensleeves wait music?
Or a human???
You chat by text with a human. You actually have to go into the build and order section and a little box is there to click to chat

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You chat by text with a human. You actually have to go into the build and order section and a little box is there to click to chat
Yeah I got stonewalled by chat - said talk to retail partner about any production or order issues... haha.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I got stonewalled by chat - said talk to retail partner about any production or order issues... haha.
I think its variable who you get, I had asked for VIN once before and was told talk to agent I asked again later and got a lovely person who said her system was down but could she email it to me in a couple of days after her day off. I never really expected she would but sure enough an email with the VIN a couple of days later.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe Dav but, I got my VIN before I signed the contract - maybe they assumed I would sign it

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe Dav but, I got my VIN before I signed the contract - maybe they assumed I would sign it
So an update from today from my mates car. The dealers system says that the car is built, completed batch and hold, ready to ship.
Yesterday, Ineos customer service said that the car is not even built yet as the contract has not been signed.
Dunno who to believe anymore.

Back
Top Bottom