The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Gift on Delivery

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
I collected my Grenadier last Friday & very happy it's everything I thought it would be.

My drive home from the agent was 80km and about half way home I realised I got no gift from the agent.

Did he forget, did he run out of gifts, should I say something next time I visit?

To be honest I was not expecting anything but, then I recalled that some owners have been receiving INEOS branded gifts.

What INEOS gifts others have received upon collecting their Grenadier.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I collected my Grenadier last Friday & very happy it's everything I thought it would be.

My drive home from the agent was 80km and about half way home I realised I got no gift from the agent.

Did he forget, did he run out of gifts, should I say something next time I visit?

To be honest I was not expecting anything but, then I recalled that some owners have been receiving INEOS branded gifts.

What INEOS gifts others have received upon collecting their Grenadier.
That's pretty sad
When I got my second hand Mercedes from he dealer I was greeted with this gift pack including a very good quality umbrella that my wife promptly took and put in her mini.
Two caps, wife again as I don't play baseball.
Moet (I took that)
Finally a yacht club membership that we never used.

1693824673032.png1693824721908.png
1693824767522.png1693824802457.png1693824849723.png

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow - that seems pretty generous.

I bought a Mini Cooper S in 2010 and they had a bottle of Moet et Chandon in the glovebox.

Bottle of Moet doesn't fit in the Grenadier glovebox

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
That's pretty sad
When I got my second hand Mercedes from he dealer I was greeted with this gift pack including a very good quality umbrella that my wife promptly took and put in her mini.
Two caps, wife again as I don't play baseball.
Moet (I took that)
Finally a yacht club membership that we never used.

The dealer must have been verd happy, getting rid of that merc. 😎

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had the same sad experience when collecting my Grenadier Trialmaster at the local BMW service partner in my area here in Germany. Just a quick rush through the main functions, connecting my phone to android auto, ticking the boxes to document the handover. No gift, no giveaways, just a handshake and bye bye.
It was really a new experience to me, when buying a new car and I have bought some in my life but this time it was by far the sadest handover :-(
Even my son, when buying his Opel Astra, was gifted a bottle of sparkling wine

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the same sad experience when collecting my Grenadier Trialmaster at the local BMW service partner in my area here in Germany. Just a quick rush through the main functions, connecting my phone to android auto, ticking the boxes to document the handover. No gift, no giveaways, just a handshake and bye bye.
It was really a new experience to me, when buying a new car and I have bought some in my life but this time it was by far the sadest handover :-(
Even my son, when buying his Opel Astra, was gifted a bottle of sparkling wine

now realise why didn't get a gift - my checklist!!

Agent raised his eyebrows when I pulled out my own 3 page checklist.

He responded by pulling out his own checklist and said "I have already done it" and "we only have 45 minutes together becasue I am delivering 2 more cars straight after you".

After 1 hour the next client appeared to take his Grenadier and agent said "you need to sign off and get going and anyway don't worry, you can call me every day if you have any questions" and said that I should watch all available INEOS and others youtube videos!

My agent is not small and bespoke but large with 19 brands and a well defined handover process.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The result of buying a niche and unproven car.

Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Agent raised his eyebrows when I pulled out my own 3 page checklist.
He responded by pulling out his own checklist and said "I have already done it" and "we only have 45 minutes together becasue I am delivering 2 more cars straight after you".
Sound like a good old medieval swords dual haha pretty sure you sword was a lot longer which could have embarrassed him.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
spaceballs GIF

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
Fuel is part of the invoice I received. So a full tank is part of the deal.

I received nothing, except a spare wheel cover. Didn't really expect anything to be fair.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
Nothing from Jardine's of Sevenoaks not even the picnic table that has now been outstanding for nearly 4 months..........

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fuel is part of the invoice I received. So a full tank is part of the deal.

I received nothing, except a spare wheel cover. Didn't really expect anything to be fair.
exactly, I paid an extra 490 EUR for handover checks and registration and that included a full tank. So I would not consider that as a gift. Apart from that, expecting a gift or some marketing giveaways was not the reason for me, to buy a Grenadier, but in my memory of car deals it was always a good practice in establishing a client relationship.

Back
Top Bottom