The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Gearbox sump pan cracked and cant select neutral

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
For what it’s worth…I’ve provided below some for the limited information Ineos provided me while I was enquiring on the status of ‘flying spanners’

EU RSA Numbers:

European Roadside Services (from a mobile phone): 00 33 825 87 89 83

European Roadside Services: 00 33 4 72 17 12 05

European Roadside Services: 00 800 33 22 88 77

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE ONLY provides cover for the Eligible Vehicle if driven by an Authorised Driver.

EU countries covered:
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and Vatican City.
Thank you

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
I am assuming it never made it to any of the production models, but a good lot of the US PTO2 vehicles that had little diff locks also had bash guards/skid plates under each diff housing... They were quite small but did the job and would be easy to reproduce

After many early promises for underbody protection I was disappointed when none materialized on any pre-production vehicles I saw.

Funny that the 1:18 scale models show skid plates and they are listed as being included in the Ineos advert.

INEOS is celebrating the launch of the new Grenadier Station Wagon with a range of collectable 1:18 Scale models. Developed in tandem with the vehicle, each model features a highly detailed interior, opening doors, and a representative underbody, plus showcases a range of vehicle options and accessories.

Available while stock lasts

Model Specification

• Donny Grey
  • Opening front & rear passenger doors
  • Opening 30/70 split rear doors
  • BF Goodrich off-road tyres
  • Alloy rims
  • Representative underbody with protection elements
  • Side steps
  • Rear access ladder
  • Safari windows
  • Full-size spare wheel

The above was taken directly from the website today.

Clearly shown in various online write-ups, etc..

Grenadier Model UNDERSIDE.jpg

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
After many early promises for underbody protection I was disappointed when none materialized on any pre-production vehicles I saw.

Funny that the 1:18 scale models show skid plates and they are listed as being included in the Ineos advert.

INEOS is celebrating the launch of the new Grenadier Station Wagon with a range of collectable 1:18 Scale models. Developed in tandem with the vehicle, each model features a highly detailed interior, opening doors, and a representative underbody, plus showcases a range of vehicle options and accessories.

Available while stock lasts

Model Specification

• Donny Grey
  • Opening front & rear passenger doors
  • Opening 30/70 split rear doors
  • BF Goodrich off-road tyres
  • Alloy rims
  • Representative underbody with protection elements
  • Side steps
  • Rear access ladder
  • Safari windows
  • Full-size spare wheel

The above was taken directly from the website today.

Clearly shown in various online write-ups, etc..

View attachment 7850826
It seems that it was there already. Wonder why it was left away in the end. Weight or money saving? They could sell it as an accessory at least....

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
It seems that it was there already. Wonder why it was left away in the end. Weight or money saving? They could sell it as an accessory at least....

Most likely a weight issue. Not offering it as an accessory does seem odd when heavy roof racks and steps/sliders are available at purchase.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
They mostly likely left it to third party to do, in Europe they have SPP for this. Here in the US and separately in Australia/New Zealand we need to work together to get one hundred vendors who build this protection to get on Ineos Grenadier band wagon. I partial to Next Venture Motor Sports Skids, I plan on going up to see them when I get back to up Durango.

SPP who had Ineos skid plates https://spp-industries.com/en/produ...Ni7yjTQwS-a1MlPXBcMLVRhyZk776aqo-u6rz7IfG8r8o.

Who I like to get to build plates https://nextventuremotorsports.com/

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
They mostly likely left it to third party to do, in Europe they have SPP for this. Here in the US and separately in Australia/New Zealand we need to work together to get one hundred vendors who build this protection to get on Ineos Grenadier band wagon. I partial to Next Venture Motor Sports Skids, I plan on going up to see them when I get back to up Durango.

SPP who had Ineos skid plates https://spp-industries.com/en/produ...Ni7yjTQwS-a1MlPXBcMLVRhyZk776aqo-u6rz7IfG8r8o.

Who I like to get to build plates https://nextventuremotorsports.com/
Does SSP not ship to the US? I was hoping to buy from them if they would remove the VAT.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Does SSP not ship to the US? I was hoping to buy from them if they would remove the VAT.
They probally do. remember there maximum dollar amount before you pay a US Customs Tariff, and need check shipping costs to the states.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Where is the oil filter?
:)
Protected under the plate, you see it next to the forward drive shaft in the above photo. You can see that part of the skip plate comes off first and on last. Attached to Blue mount up fronts and bolts in the back to bracket.

Remember on Grenadier, we do no have this issue. you just need oil pan drain access. Oil filter come out from the top.

Here example another Vehicle the Bronco
  • Net Weight Gain: 45 lbs Aluminum only
  • Net Weight Gain Aluminum with UHMW: 80 lbs
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 10.28.35 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
They do need a few strategically placed holes to allow the air to flow a bit to reduce heat and to allow debris to fall out and for quick cleaning in the field (spinifex and long grass). Need to be easy to remove for repairs with decent sized hex bolts 10mm no torx no Allen key heads.

Last edited:

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
What if gravel sand, dirt, mud and debris finds it's way and ends up on top of these armor plates? How do you get rid of it? I can see a heavy mud sandwich building up underneath of your car. Or gravel transforming your car into a giant Maraca. On slick rock on the other hand these plates would widen your degree of freedom when it comes to choosing your line. Wonderful there for sure.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
IMO underbody armour like that is for rock crawlers.
I have all terrain types here, and know that the one thing that will cause expensive (very expensive) damage is rocky terrain.
Many countries don't even see rain...let alone mud , spinifex, roadkill etc

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
IMO underbody armour like that is for rock crawlers.
I have all terrain types here, and know that the one thing that will cause expensive (very expensive) damage is rocky terrain.
Many countries don't even see rain...let alone mud , spinifex, roadkill etc
East Coast USA we have it all - lots of mud, lots of trees (and resulting logs), lots of water, and while no slickrock we do have lots of rocks (mostly hidden from view). Sliders and diff covers are a great idea, as is a plate for that plastic ZF sump.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
East Coast USA we have it all - ots of mud, lots of trees (and resulting logs), lots of water, and while no slickrock we do have lots of rocks (mostly hidden from view). Sliders and diff covers are a great idea, as is a plate for that plastic ZF sump.
I attached steel diff covers to my Disco. $100 the pair , used but undamaged!
I'd like a well priced steel sump cover and maybe an uprated front belly pan.
I'll wait and see what the aftermarket comes up with.
I really don't want to wave my tail too hard in the mouth of the damage fox , so I'll leave the heroics to affluencers and influencers.

Back
Top Bottom