The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front protrusion plate protector

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the legwork! No mention of whether it could be fabricated without the "Grenadier" laser cut writing?
It can - I thought there was a photo somewhere. It basically had some slots cut into it. I'll see if I can find that.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:04 PM
Reaction score
Perhaps the most sensible thing to do to advance the issue and not speculate was:

1st make a list of interested parties and in which regions/zone/countries
2º Total quantity and what each of the shipments would be like: Joint or individual
3º pass the information to Andres (Bumar-xtrem) and let him see what the best shipping option would be.

If the quantity is high in any area/country, propose a joint shipment and then carry out an internal distribution.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think so - I'm not sure if he meant 25 total pieces or 25 per region. I've been a bit busy so that's been on the back burner a bit.

I've never dealt with shipping something like this so I was hoping for someone with experience of that nature to help on that end.
The reason I ask is because I’ve read and taken part in group buys before (as a buyer not a POC) in other forums and a common complaint is that it’s a huge PIA for the person doing the domestic leg. If it’s just limited to 25 units that might not be so bad, but what if the order is wrong or there’s a defect that you see before you ship it. You now get forced into the middleman position.…another PIA. There aren’t too many people who do it more than once 😂😂

Additionally, as the monetary value increases you risk import/customs duties if it comes in one shipment. The POC will get the bill and will have to reach out to everyone to cover the cost. In the US, it depends on the country, item, and value. I think value-wise, you start risking a duty if it’s more than $800-$900. Companies like FedEx and DHL rarely let anything slip through without charging you, because they’re acting as your broker. That means they help facilitate the customs clearance process so you‘ll probably get it quicker.

Sending by local country mail to you (final domestic leg handled by USPS) is your best bet to potentially avoid paying duties when shipping to the US, but it might sit in customs for a while. I’ve had some items sit for almost a week. Some less than a day. I don’t think there’s anyway to predict. In all cases I‘ve never been charged a duty, even on things I knew met the monetary value for a duty. I believe if they do charge you a duty, they contact you to pay before they release it.

My suggestion is to negotiate a group buy price and/or a discount code and have each person order independently. It takes you out of the middleman position and everyone still gets a discount. Any issues with the order or product are handled by the buyer and seller.

Last edited:

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For the moment I remain on standby with the order.
I am much more inclined to completely change the front and rear plate because in my opinion by making it in duralumin and replacing the original brackets you can create two much more robust plates

we would then need to find a solution to replace the plastic grille in the front bumper

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The reason I ask is because I’ve read and taken part in group buys before (as a buyer not a POC) in other forums and a common complaint is that it’s a huge PIA for the person doing the domestic leg. If it’s just limited to 25 units that might not be so bad, but what if the order is wrong or there’s a defect that you see before you ship it. You now get forced into the middleman position.…another PIA. There aren’t too many people who do it more than once 😂😂

Additionally, as the monetary value increases you risk import/customs duties if it comes in one shipment. The POC will get the bill and will have to reach out to everyone to cover the cost. In the US, it depends on the country, item, and value. I think value-wise, you start risking a duty if it’s more than $800-$900. Companies like FedEx and DHL rarely let anything slip through without charging you, because they’re acting as your broker. That means they help facilitate the customs clearance process so you‘ll probably get it quicker.

Sending by local country mail to you (final domestic leg handled by USPS) is your best bet to potentially avoid paying duties when shipping to the US, but it might sit in customs for a while. I’ve had some items sit for almost a week. Some less than a day. I don’t think there’s anyway to predict. In all cases I‘ve never been charged a duty, even on things I knew met the monetary value for a duty. I believe if they do charge you a duty, they contact you to pay before they release it.

My suggestion is to negotiate a group buy price and/or a discount code and have each person order independently. It takes you out of the middleman position and everyone still gets a discount. Any issues with the order or product are handled by the buyer and seller.
Would you (or someone else) want to take point on this? I can pass along the emails I’ve exchanged with the supplier.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would you (or someone else) want to take point on this? I can pass along the emails I’ve exchanged with the supplier.
As much as I’d like to help, my plate is too full to take on the task myself. I’m willing to help to share some of the load.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Would it be ok if I ask Julia of OK4WD if she can take this on?

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For the moment I remain on standby with the order.
I am much more inclined to completely change the front and rear plate because in my opinion by making it in duralumin and replacing the original brackets you can create two much more robust plates

we would then need to find a solution to replace the plastic grille in the front bumper

hi, Has any forum member installed them?

https://almont4wd.com/en/producto/front-skidplate-ineos-grenadier-4x4/
https://almont4wd.com/en/producto/all-engines-system-rear-ineos-grenadier/

Reactions: PBD

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Only just seen this, and it reminded me of a conversation my other half had with another Grenny owner she bumped into.

He told her that he had a friend who also had one, they had gone through some quite thick iced water, and the ice had gone through the vent below the bumper and done terrible damage to the vehicles engine and radiators etc.

Now I am relaying this third hand and I don’t know further details, other than the guy she spoke to said he was getting a cover made to stop this happening. I can only guess the affected vehicle must have been doing some speed to cause the damage but clearly it is a weak spot (allegedly)

Back
Top Bottom