The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

footwell illumination

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
When I removed part of the trim covers under the dashboard some weeks ago, I noticed some kind of “electric” device (see right side of the trim). Of course, I was curious. Clearly a small light to illuminate your toes ;) .
20230720_153928.jpg
20230720_154032.jpg

20230720_154043 TLC.jpg

Googling, it seems this company (TLC Redditch) makes lighting systems of the automotive sector and so on.
I dismounted it completely:

20230721_101605 TLC 3 views.jpg

20230721_102208 dismounted completely.jpg
The yellow square is a LED (Light Emitting Diode). Beware: the lowest picture is the same as that above, but underside.

One small LED shining through a plastic window and through such a small hole, probably fit for purpose?

20230805_145631.jpg

When does it light?
  • Not when you open the door
  • Not when you push the driver or passenger roof light button
  • Yes, when you press the center roof button “interior lights”
20230805_145754 press this button.jpg

Both sides have such a light.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
I don't have the puddle & ambient lights, so will have to check if I have a different trim panel or the same with a blanking piece.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just checked mine - I obviously didn't get this option (cheapskate me) so my feet will remain in the dark. There is an easy fix using the power outlet in the footwell and the INT 1 and INT 2 switch. Could make it blue or funky colours. @Jean Mercier - really appreciate your ongoing efforts to inform us.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Until @Jean Mercier has his Grenadier completely disassembled and laid out I won’t be impressed. Taking things apart in dribs and drabs is lazy.
RE: Jean Mercier, there is an old joke about the man presented with an alien technology device that can provide unlimited free energy and also guarantee world peace. Does he:
1. Give it to the President?
2. Give it to the head of the United Nations?
3. Take it apart to see how it works😊

(And, Thanks to Jean for the service he provides for all of us on this forum.)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Until @Jean Mercier has his Grenadier completely disassembled and laid out I won’t be impressed. Taking things apart in dribs and drabs is lazy.
I think @DCPU is even better than me: he disassembles, analyzes and improves things, much more than I do.
I always have some idea behind what I do: making the auxiliary power points available, adding a supplementary USB charging point, adding a wireless charger for my phone or a DC/AC inverter, sometimes going too fast and dirty. :eek:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think @DCPU is even better than me: he disassembles, analyzes and improves things, much more than I do.
I always have some idea behind what I do: making the auxiliary power points available, adding a supplementary USB charging point, adding a wireless charger for my phone or a DC/AC inverter, sometimes going too fast and dirty. :eek:
I think you and DCPU are both top contributors. You both help pave the way in seeing what can be done with these vehicles by way of practical, home based improvements.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
I think you and DCPU are both top contributors. You both help pave the way in seeing what can be done with these vehicles by way of practical, home based improvements.
100%..... but both are also responsible for sending our delivery/anxiety frustrations through the roof.. like... where's mine to play with...😂

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I just need to investigate a reason for me to need footlights. And when my car arrives , I can go exploring down there!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have a shovel and a bag of lime in the boot by any chance?
Not in the boot right now , but can heave them in any time
Bodies as well. 6 in the old Merc.

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Try hard, fail fast 😎
It is all about priorities: Make all that traces go away at any cost.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t worry Dave, just a keen gardener with acidic soil. Nothing to see here 🤫

Back
Top Bottom