The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fender / checker plate question

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
I already thought of a textured rubber mat to stick on.

Not really satisfactory, but at least a protection against coffee cups, tools and other things that are placed on the fender.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I prefer 3M™ Safety-Walk™. Better anti slip, low weight, easy to bend and not illegal.
Maybe good for the door sills too?
If it's only for the looks of checker plates there is probably a lot of look alike sticky stuff on the market.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like Raptor paint/coating.

safewalk.jpg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m a Iight weight 🤔 so I’ll take the risk of sitting on them
The Defenders wings were pretty week also but I did strengthen with checker plate
My Dealer confirmed that you cannot stand on the EU-Version Fenders...

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like the aesthetic of the rubber chequer plate even it is largely cosmetic and to protect against things scratching when placed on the wing rather than to create a firm standing area - maybe something made of rubber without the metal plate will do the trick

not convinced about the rubber sandpaper but will keep an eye on what others find offers a good solution - suspect I have quite a while to think about these sorts of things before mine arrives

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I’m a Iight weight 🤔 so I’ll take the risk of sitting on them
The Defenders wings were pretty week also but I did strengthen with checker plate
That’s what he suggested as well. The problem is that you risk your permission to use the car, as I understand, unless you find someone who officially registers this alteration.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s what he suggested as well. The problem is that you risk your permission to use the car, as I understand, unless you find someone who officially registers this alteration.
I’ll do things myself. As far as I’m concerned I don’t need permission to modify my own car and I’m prepared to take that risk 👍🏼

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
I like the aesthetic of the rubber chequer plate even it is largely cosmetic and to protect against things scratching when placed on the wing rather than to create a firm standing area - maybe something made of rubber without the metal plate will do the trick

not convinced about the rubber sandpaper but will keep an eye on what others find offers a good solution - suspect I have quite a while to think about these sorts of things before mine arrives
1683821961588.png1683822130036.png

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll do things myself. As far as I’m concerned I don’t need permission to modify my own car and I’m prepared to take that risk 👍🏼
I hope for the aftermarket to come up with something. If it works for the new „Defender“ there must be a way to have those applied to the IG without violating any law.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks DaveB - Yep is they were legal in the UK and available and the UK supplied vehicle had the same wings as the Aussie one I would go for them - seemingly the UK supplied are differently constructed and the metal plates are illegal

I will probably go with some rubber surface covering which does not therefore qualify as a “modification” requiring insurer approval

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Really intrigued how they are re enforced. Will have to wait for Oz boys to have a look.

Back
Top Bottom