The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electric mirrors not working.

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure no one has mentioned this before. My electric mirrors did not work on collection (unnoticed) but did just once, a day later, then stopped.
They failed for 31 days then worked on the morning of a trip to the agents to mention it (amongst other things). They worked AT the agents’ but not once since, despite daily testing.
And yes, I’ve tried rocking and pushing the switches but I think this is software mediated not hardwired…

Anyone else??

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure no one has mentioned this before. My electric mirrors did not work on collection (unnoticed) but did just once, a day later, then stopped.
They failed for 31 days then worked on the morning of a trip to the agents to mention it (amongst other things). They worked AT the agents’ but not once since, despite daily testing.
And yes, I’ve tried rocking and pushing the switches but I think this is software mediated not hardwired…

Anyone else??
Had that same experience on one of my previous vehicles. Not working except when I take it to dealer. Works flawlessly at the dealer.
Me thinketh my vehicle likes to fool with me. DaBull

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's particularly galling. Does an OBD interrogation show any old fault codes?

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe I should check, put them in the required position on day 1 and haven't moved them since :unsure:

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update - suddenly at 11:32am on 11 July and have worked reliably daily since.

I use the nearside (UK, RHD here BTW 🇬🇧) mirror, adjusted out and down, to turn right onto a rising main road from a descending narrow road - at a very acute angle looking back. It was tricky without....

Is it a coincidence that from (very) approximately the same time, on most short drives I get no system errors; not 100% so, but close...

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update: mirrors moved on command up to and ever since the September software update - that is every day until four days ago. No movement since. Dealer not aware of a common issue here. Booked in for attention next week... Unfortunately the left hand (=nearside, RHD) is pointing at the rear wheel after a tricky reverse manoeuvre, no use at present on the highway and disastrous for my Alpine trip in two weeks! :-(

Back
Top Bottom